N Korea scales up Yongbyon nuclear site’s activities – Report

webfact

North Korea Scales Up Yongbyon Nuclear Site’s Activities – Report

MOSCOW, August 7 (RIA Novosti) - North Korea is expanding the operations of the Yongbyon nuclear site, renovating its 5 megawatt-electric (MWe) reactor to make plutonium for nuclear weapons and expanding the centrifuge plant, Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) said in a recent report.

“The June 30th satellite imagery, combined with procurement data obtained by ISIS, suggests that North Korea is emphasizing the production of weapon-grade plutonium as well as enriched uranium for its nuclear weapons program,” ISIS said in the report. “Additionally, movement of material, a new piece of roofing, and several other renovations have been detected at the fuel fabrication and uranium centrifuge complex located in the southern part of the Yongbyon nuclear site.”

Pyongyang is also constructing and possibly installing equipment at the experimental light water reactor (LWR) which would allow to produce “several times more plutonium than the 5 MWe reactor.”

Full story: http://en.ria.ru/world/20140807/191794907/North-Korea-Scales-Up-Yongbyon-Nuclear-Sites-Activities--Report.html

-- RIA Novosti 2014-08-07

I wonder how much more it'll take from Nut Korea to get Japan & S. Korea started on their own nuclear programs...

One day we'll be sitting back in surprise at how these two plus Saudi Arabia and maybe a few other Middle Eastern countries (who just happen to neighbor Iran...) could have been finally driven to build the bomb.

Might it not be an idea  to discover who or what nation(s) might just be supplying some of the more advanced complex  equipment and I suppose materials to this renegade state?

Iran, South Africa, Russia, China, Israel, India, Pakistan,  France, the U.S or the U.K. trust not one politician all born again  liars

There is a group of sick people who want to create WW3.  N. Korea always gets attentions, but I don't think N. Korea wants any war.

Yes, they obviously go to such great lengths to avoid one...   

A group of sick people alright - led around by the nose by a guy with a funny-looking haircut north of the 38th parallel!   How anyone could defend the N. Korean leadership by calling someone ELSE "sick" just mystifies me.