890 gambling machines siezed

Lite Beer

890 gambling machines siezed

PATHUM THANI: A combined military-police team has seized 890 illegal slot machines from a warehouse in Lam Luk Ka district, the largest haul since the military regime launched a campaign against gambling two months ago.

The "horse racing machines" were discovered in an open warehouse located on a 500-rai plot of land on the Lam Luk Ka-Thanyaburi Road.

Only three of the 890 units were still functioning as their microchips had not been removed.

Authorities were acting on a tip-off that a large quantity of illegal gambling equipment was hidden on the premises, said Lam Luk Ka district chief Chalermpon Mungkung, who was present during the raid.

The team also searched a nearby facility housing 10 bedrooms for workers, as well as a hall where they found numerous large tables believed to be used for gambling, along with 10,000 sets of cards and some cash.

They also confiscated 10 cars found parked beside a jetski pond and took in the property's 37-year-old caretaker, Somsak Boonsarn, for questioning.

Deputy national police chief Pol Gen Aek Angsananont came to inspect the seized machines and other items at the scene. He said todays (August 9) operation was the largest seizure since the coup-makers ordered a sweeping crackdown on illegal gambling activities.

Police would carry out further investigations to identify the owners of the machines and the warehouse, he added.

[pn]2014-08-09[/pn]

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

On top of that, why not walk down the alley between Sois 7 and 5..

It's full of them

Damn you.

Now I'm tempted to have a look.

Nah, I don't want to know...whistling.gif

(Can I say damn?)

• Like 1

Hundreds of gambling machines found in Pathum Thani
The Sunday Nation 

30240647-01_big.jpg

Police and local officials yesterday seized almost 900 gambling machines in Pathum Thani's Lam Luk Ka district.

Around 400 gambling machines were kept in a storehouse in the district and only three could be used. The owner of the machines had removed their electric circuits.

Some 400 machines were also found in apartment rooms close to the storehouse. Police also found many decks of cards and around Bt50,000 in a nearby restaurant.

Police said witnesses had identified a man known only as Nung as owner of the machines. He moved the gambling equipment to the go-down following the military power seizure, police said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Hundreds-of-gambling-machines-found-in-Pathum-Than-30240647.html

[thenation]2014-08-10[/thenation]

Gambling Illegal in Thailand, notice it said it received---- tip off---so many of these now, freedom of speech must be returning to Thailand as any tip offs years ago were ignored and dealt with so this proves it IS more open.

But not for corruption and political agitators.  Funny isn't it the army are shadowed by the police in these operations, Thaksins controlled police never rarely copped these gambling dens and equipment--I wonder why ??

• Like 2

Looks like pinball machines...are pinball machines gambling devices? 

Come to think of it, never seen any pinballs in bars here, so maybe they are in the rheumy eyes of the law.

Yes they are classed as ---they collect money--turn kids into addicts-who in turn steel to get more gambling money.  I would have thought if they were free entertainment then they would be legal.    If they do not pay out they entice people to pay again for another game to try to accrue points etc for free games,  money collected does not go to the government coffers as they are illegal and not supposed to be there---owner wins all no tax to pay--only back handers from the local force.

• Like 1

Come to think of it, never seen any pinballs in bars here, so maybe they are in the rheumy eyes of the law.

They are based on a gambling machine called a bally bingo outlawed in the UK in the 60s in many countries including the UK you need a gaming licence to operate pinball machines you score points by getting the balls in certain holes then cash in the points for money theirs loads in Khon Kaen as well

• Like 2

How are these illegal and the lottery and betting on horse racing not?

The state (taxpayers) get their share from the lottery and betting on horse racing. This, and other types of illegal gambling, does not turn money over to the state and only (allegedly) give some to the police to turn a blind eye. Let me know if you are still having trouble understanding legal from illegal gambling.

Edited by rametindallas

"The team also searched a nearby facility housing 10 bedrooms for workers, as well as a hall where they found numerous large tables believed to be used for gambling, along with 10,000 sets of cards and some cash."

10,000 sets of cards?

Pinball machines are banned in Thailand.

Every mall is full of video games. Why aren't they banned?

I have seen pinball games on those machines (multiple game machines). I see some kind of similarity overhere.

Edited by FredNL

I have seen pinball games on those machines (multiple game machines). I see some kind of similarity overhere.

No cash involved ???

Will the phrase ' connected to a local politician / influential person ' come into this at anytime ?

"....who had failed to make the required payments." If I may presume to complete the sentence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have played pinball machines in Thailand. The kids games place just outside of Central Pattaya has several pinball machines. There are no pay-outs, it is a proper pin-ball, if you are lucky or good you get a free game.

The machines in the picture are gaming machines rather than pin-ball machines.

How is it possible that TVF members see (or use) gambling sites in open view that the police or army do not seem to find?

I really thought that this time the Military would make a big difference.

I read all the news about captures of criminals, drug sellers, gamblers and so on and I felt that for the first time in 10 years things are going to change.

That the bad guys are going to get sorted out.

I am becoming disenchanted.

How is it possible that TVF members see (or use) gambling sites in open view that the police or army do not seem to find?

I really thought that this time the Military would make a big difference.

I read all the news about captures of criminals, drug sellers, gamblers and so on and I felt that for the first time in 10 years things are going to change.

That the bad guys are going to get sorted out.

I am becoming disenchanted.

There is a possibility they do know where, but it is that widespread it is a major problem to deal with quickly, also the police have not yet got the message through the ranks enough to put a complete stop to them.

I think the theme is--"i'm on my way to get you"  that is the best deterrent for the minute. Notice from the top of the police ranks the smell is drifting down, and starting to reach the OTHERS.

One thing I have noticed in UDON is instead of 100- road blocks a day there are very few since the army took over.  Reason is the police are doing more police work, with less time for their 300 baht collections.  Notice also where anything is being cleaned up by the Police the army are with them----Trust the police, not yet, proof.