Liquors With Local Fruits

LaReina

Has anyone experimented with making liquors from local fruits?

Had a shot of whiskey that had lumyai steeping in it (and it was pretty good). Was wondering what other fruits would work, and if a sweet versions of them would be worthwhile.

Had a shot of whiskey that had lumyai steeping in it (and it was pretty good). Was wondering what other fruits would work, and if a sweet versions of them would be worthwhile.

######, i thought you were talking about schnaps and lady boys

:o

######, i thought you were talking about schnaps and lady boys

:D:D:D you are horrible!!

The OTOP (One Tamboon One Product) people made alot of strange alcohol. You might see if you could find a link to them and see what they've come up with....I've heard that most of the OTOP liquor should be labeled "For External Use Only" but I've never tried any myself.

i had some stuff that was reddish- pink, thai moon shine, not clear though, it was in old Sang Som bottles and you could get a bottle for 125 b or a shot for 10 bahts. It was really really strong stuff. I love moon shine !!

Obviously being blinded is of no worry to you...

You can damage yourself quite easily with the legal stuff in Thailand without having to drink a possibly highly toxic brew made by Somchai in his shed. It's hardly as if you were getting it cheap anyway at the price you quoted.. a bottle of Lao Kao would have been about the same price.. or a bottle of whisky for that matter. :o

totster :D