How to get thai wife a work permit in USA? Is it possible?

So, I am in Thailand and have very little money.  It's the same old story I came to Thailand and fell in love and now I'm married.  We have been married for a very short time and I want to go back to the good ole USA with her and have both of us work and save up money to come back here and live ballerific like its all terific, I mean live good.  We are both young and don't want to not work.  So, I have been looking through the US websites and all over the internet really trying to find some information or a step by step process of how to do it and how much money it will cost.  Does anybody have any info or a website you can link?  I thank you in advance, Because I am so lost right now!!!

First step is to go to the American Embassy and ask them. You need to apply/petition for your wife's immigration visa.

I did go through the process approximately twenty years ago. There are a lot of steps, requirements and paperwork. You need to speak to the American Embassy to know the exact procedure and the requirements. All my information is dated so it will not be applicable. 

Good luck.

Edited by The Man Who Sold the World

looks like i'm face to face with the man who sold the world.... Anyway...

Yeah, I figured that would be the first step but I just kinda want an idea of how long the process actually is and how much it will cost.  I know its going to be a long road and probably an expensive one too...  I wonder if it would be cheaper or faster if we just went to the states and got married there??  I dunno, if anyone has a clue I would like to know...

You may want to contact/email/telephone some of this sites sponsors (providers of legal services) concerning your options, the steps required and costs associated. Initial consultation and a request for quote, to get you started on the path. Their adverts are prominent throughout the forum.    

Edited by The Man Who Sold the World

FYI, if you registered a marriage at your local amphur, you ARE ALREADY MARRIED, so you no re-marriage needed in the U.S.

Take a wander through this www site, there's a host of good info available:  www.visajourney.com

How long have you been living here in Thailand?  If over 6-12 months you will probably be eligible for what's called Direct Consular Filing (DCF) with the U.S. Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) office in Bangkok.  This will save you a whole bunch of time in the process.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Address: Sindhorn Building 
Tower 2, 15th Floor 
130-132 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, THAILAND

Tel.: 02-205-5352/5382 (within Thailand)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682203-dcf-step-by-step-procedure-for-obtaining-an-immigrant-visa-for-spouse-to-the-us/

Your biggest issue will be $$$.  How do you plan to support yourself and your wife in the U.S. when you get there?  Where will you live?  Do you already have a job lined up?  How much to you have in the way of assets in the U.S.?  Bank accounts, property, etc?  Just speculating here, but I expect probably little.

As part of the application process, you'll need to submit an Affidavit of Support.  Note, this can also be supported by your parents, friends, etc, so you'll need to do some research on this particular issue.

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/affidavit-support

Mac