Cliff Richard's home searched by police investigating sexual abuse claim

Lite Beer

The Hang 'em High crowd does have some justification on their side because a certain man who liked "Summer Holidays" made no secret of the fact he was a "Rent Boy" (male prostitute) in his younger days.

Provide proof what you say is true, a link from a reliable source to confirm your accusation, not interested in reading some nobody's blog, please.

How is it ever likely there would be news on anything other than someone's blog when over the years there have been many controversial stories about his background but within hours of the story about to be printed his lawyers usually started legal proceedings for libel and thousands of copies of the newspaper were recalled and pulped.ermm.gif

If the stories were true, particularly if, as claimed by ATF, the person in question had made no secret of it, then any action for libel would have failed.

The UK is not Thailand; all a publisher, or any one, sued for defamation has to show is that the article in question is true; if true, no defamation in English or Scottish law.

If any paper did recall and pulp an edition which carried such stories when they received notice of legal action, it would only be because they knew those stories were based on unfounded rumours, not facts.

Edit;

A brief Google search did throw up some sites making claims that Richard did work for the Krays as a rent boy.

All of those sites have blatant homophobic and anti Semitic overtones; one of them referring to Winston Churchill as 'the gay Jew, Churchill!'

IMHO, only the most gullible of conspiracy theorist could take such sites seriously.

As for the current allegations, we will have to wait and see what happens if and when any case comes to court.

2nd edit, one of those sites is that below, posted while I was typing the above edit.

You can see what I mean about the homophobia and anti Semitism!

Edited by 7by7

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Jewish aspect was first raised in the blog posted earlier which was supposed to have provided proof of his guilt, it mentioned Churchill being Jewish amongst other stupid remarks - I don't see the blog link any more, hopefully it's been consigned to the toilet where it belongs.

• Like 1

What has antisemitism got to do with this thread?

Toady, did we ever find out what connection Louis Freese had with Cliff, was he Cliff's rent boy?

I think both have a fondness for whining

• Like 1

BTW, Cliff Richards is not my style of entertainment, I'm more of a Robert Palmer, Zepplin, ZZ Top, Stones person myself, before anyone goes down that route.

I had you pegged as a Rolf Harris kind of guy.

I don't think you'll have any concerns with the ZZ Top or Zepplin lads, someone in the stones is a bit suss and Robbert Palmer would be a safe as houses.

BTW, Cliff Richards is not my style of entertainment, I'm more of a Robert Palmer, Zepplin, ZZ Top, Stones person myself, before anyone goes down that route.

I don't think you'll have any concerns with the ZZ Top or Zepplin lads, someone in the stones is a bit suss and Robbert Palmer would be a safe as houses.

FWIW: Robert Palmer and I were born in the same hospital, on the same day month and year, the birthing capability of the hospital was less than six babies concurrently.

http://www.mtv.com/artists/robert-palmer/biography/

Well Jimmy Page lives in Pats now and Bill Wyman did hand himself over to Operation Yewtree but they said they weren't interested in him.

On that basis we can presume that since Yewtree wasn't interested in Bill Wyman, he was therefore innocent, the case on Bill therefore is closed.

And Jimmy Page does not actually live in Pattaya although he, like many millions of other tourists has been spotted there, including your good self no doubt!

Talking of which, what exactly is your vehement opposition here, are you projecting guilt perhaps - are you married and if so, to a person of which sex, of what age and for how long - do you have children, why did you leave your home country to settle here? We're all friends here, you can answer truthfully and we wont be judgement mental.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tower_House

Next.

FWIW: Robert Palmer and I were born in the same hospital, on the same day month and year, the birthing capability of the hospital was less than six babies concurrently.

• Like 1

So you are almost brothers lol.

Great music, for me it's timeless.

The similarities go way beyond those things, to divulge more would not be sensible, poster friends who know me will recognize the connections however.

Move on, we're done on this aspect.

Nice !

• Like 1

Possibly, but only if you're the younger brother of Jennifer Palin.

Great music, for me it's timeless.

The similarities go way beyond those things, to divulge more would not be sensible, poster friends who know me will recognize the connections however.

Move on, we're done on this aspect.

No, YOU move on CM. I'm watching RP on YouTube......brings back a lot of memories, he's so cool.

What happened to you? :P

just kidding, keep ur shirt on!

Possibly, but only if you're the younger brother of Jennifer Palin.

You nasty prick. Lol.

Then again, I guess you could of called me Rolfs third leg. ;)

I'm second guessing: posts removed for bickering, suspension will be/have be handed out accordingly..

Coming to a thread near you soon.

See you all in the New Year/Spring, I'm off to the UK for the Fall Xmas.

Best of everything to all, enjoy.

• Like 1

Was the name of the hospital The Batley Variety? It certainly produced some great turns, one of my favourites.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Whilst I'm not a fan of his later style of music, it cannot be denied he, particularly his early days with the Shadows, has had a huge influence on many.

"The first English record that was anywhere near anywhere was Move It by Cliff Richard.....before that there'd been nothing." John Lennon.

"Cliff has survived and become an artist who cuts across all boundaries making great pop records." Pete Townsend.

"A tremendous influence on my early days as a performer." Freddie Mercury.

(Source)

A comment on his music; not on the current allegations against him.

• Like 1

"Cliff has survived and become an artist who cuts across all boundaries making great pop records." Pete Townsend.

Cliff I wouldn't ask Pete to be a character witness in court if I was you.

• Like 2