US movie 'The Interview' to undergo editing after N Korea protests: reports

webfact

That is a crazy story.......

First the movie....what would happen if the Iran makes a movie that advertise the assassination of Obama......The whole west would be in rage.....With NK it is seems to be OK.

Second: They change the movie after protests, to a watered down assassination....That is even more crazy.

No one seemed to have a problem with the British film, "Death of a President" about the assassination of George W Bush. Why would anyone in the west care what the North Koreans like?

I agree with H90.

Remember that probably none of us really know what the truth is about North Korea. We are fed a diet of propaganda in the mass media and most of us choose to accept it without question.

Making a movie is OK provided you would find the storyline acceptable if the target was the USA instead of North Korea. In my estimation Kim deserves at least as much respect as Obama.. possibly more.

Why, may I ask does Kim deserve any respect? Because he is a despot strongman leader? Please name the five greatest accomplishments he has to date? And I am not talking about winning Christies wine auction bids. What has he done for his people lately? What has he done to benefit mankind, or even his region of Asia? What? When you make a ridiculous statement like this, you need to back it up with something, please.

Edited by spidermike007

I agree with H90.

Remember that probably none of us really know what the truth is about North Korea. We are fed a diet of propaganda in the mass media and most of us choose to accept it without question.

Making a movie is OK provided you would find the storyline acceptable if the target was the USA instead of North Korea. In my estimation Kim deserves at least as much respect as Obama.. possibly more.

We are fed a diet of propaganda in the mass media and most of us choose to accept it without question.

You don't have to swallow what you are fed. If you have a computer and the Internet, you have access to alternative sources of information which can give you a more accurate picture of the world we live in. I read newspapers purely for entertainment and go elsewhere for information. Nothing I have managed to dig up about North Korea is uplifting.

I agree with H90.

We are fed a diet of propaganda in the mass media and most of us choose to accept it without question.

Why? You have the Internet. Do your own research. These days I only read the "popular" press for entertainment and look elsewhere for the truth. Nothing I have found about North Korea is very uplifting, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

I agree with H90.

Out of curiosity, if I went back through some of your previous posts on TV would I be able to ascertain that you are a white American who is still angry that America elected an African American President......twice?

You dont have to a white american angry at a black elected president to make a post as he did. Behind his psudonym, he could actually be ben carson, a black american neurosurgeon who gave a most memorable breakfast speech beside obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHxJK_xSpcg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EHxJK_xSpcg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sir/Madam,

I agree with you. "You dont have to a white american angry at a black elected president to make a post as he did."

I simply asked a question. Which went unanswered by the OP. Instead, you post a FOX Noise type video as if it has something to to with the price of apples & oranges. If you're going to come to the OP's rescue at least bring your red cape and blue tights.

First the movie....what would happen if the Iran makes a movie that advertise the assassination of Obama......The whole west would be in rage.....With NK it is seems to be OK.

Second: They change the movie after protests, to a watered down assassination....That is even more crazy.

Well, a movie from Iran about killing Obama? Where can we buy the tickets?

the only logical Edit to the N.K. movie - is to change the Plot to be that one of Kim's fellow N.K'ers does the deed,

and make the movie display with no conspiracy or question or ambiguity - just simply show a N.K'er coming up behind Kim, and blowing his head off

I like watching Terence&Philip type of simplicity

I agree with H90.

You last sentence crosses the line, but I agree with what you wrote before that.

Only playing devil's advocate here....

If you agree with all he wrote before the final sentence, how can the final sentence be judged as crossing any line?

No one seemed to have a problem with the British film, "Death of a President" about the assassination of George W Bush. Why would anyone in the west care what the North Koreans like?

Was there any outrage at the Team America cartoon? It's odd that the OP is even a story.

"the filmmakers are trying to determine if the scene is funny."

It's a good decision to role back the release to evaluate its funniness. If it's not really that funny why enrage a nuclear armed rogue state?

lol....but it's ok to enrage a nuclear armed rogue state if it's funny.