NACC to launch publicity campaign on corruption problem

Lite Beer

Always has been that way, but the anti army clan believe it is the army only that gags the media. Thaksin did it more than this army----sure I was here, you could not read English printed news here with anything that was anti Thaksin, some posters are not interested in that that has not to be mentioned.

"Thaksin did it more than the army" Another example of the falsehoods and utter nonsense upon which you futilely try to build arguments.

Thaksin pulled advertising contracts from media outlets that criticised him, raising the ire of Sonthi L and the like, but he did not censor the media outright like the bunch who are in power now. Nor did he outlaw criticism in the way that we see now.

After all, we still got to read about Thaksin's wrongdoings while he was in power. I know I did. Quite unlike military governments in the past, where people only got to read about their wrongdoings after they had left office.

But then again, you refuse to read history.

Keep watching the happy channel.

You keep telling yourself that fella, if it makes you feel good. facepalm.gif

Historically, the poster was correct, and you are obfuscating history, which is not even laughable, more like giggleable, or chuckleable...gods, the Thaksin haters are hilarious...just a quaint old lady cup of knitting circle silly.

Another support for the redundant. Forget history will you, we tend these days to compare PTP/Shins days with todays army. All the rest is ammunition for argument. There is no comparison with 3 years of PTP and 9 weeks of the army-----there is no argument unless you want to drag up some past coup's again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a waste of time -- let's have a society parade, and give out balloons, and hand out fliers. Let's raise awareness, because Thais have no idea there is corruption here! Yeah, right.

It's a non-starter on purpose.

Someone asked "What can we do to seem like we are doing something?" The answer was this.

And PTP---the only bleeding hard work they ever did was to spend most of their time trying to pardon Thaksin.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

NCPO is doing a fantastic job so far! keep it up

Singapore used to be terribly corrupt and now they are one of the least corrupt, So the concept of fixing a corrupt nation has been proven possible.

Would you mind sharing the years when the Republic of Singapore was very corrupt? I have been visiting Singapore since the Middle of the 80's and I never saw or noted once that Singapore is as corrupt as Thailand.

Singapore is infinitely more corrupt than Thailand.

One family owns and controls virtually all private and state assets.

How totally lame...how will a press release change attitudes? I spent a lifetime in marketing...you need a message and you need to keep repeating it over and over and over until it penetrates. Why do you think companies spend zillions repeating the same ad at every break on the TV...becuase it works, it changes opinions. One off, one day campaigns designed to make it look like someone in tha useless NACC is actually something achieve nothing, zero, nada....forgive me, but a pick-up truck cruising Bangkok streets....yeah that will make your local police stop taking tea money won't it?

This must be the Thai way....crackdown on this, crackdown on that....what happened to the crackdown on the minivans at Victory monument?....last time I was there, so were the minivans blocking everywhere. What happened to the crackdown on street vendors in Bangkok announced to such fanfare? Last time I looked I couldn't walk in the dodgy pavement because it was blocked with illegal street vendors.

Our new administration has chosen to prioritise tourist visas over eradicating slavery. Useless, totally useless...nothing but press releases and Patruth's long speeches on the TV...all words, no action. I despair.

NCPO is doing a fantastic job so far! keep it up

Singapore used to be terribly corrupt and now they are one of the least corrupt, So the concept of fixing a corrupt nation has been proven possible.

What has been proven possible in Singapore is that corruption can be monopolised.

One family owns and controls the entire state.

"Thaksin did it more than the army" Another example of the falsehoods and utter nonsense upon which you futilely try to build arguments.

Thaksin pulled advertising contracts from media outlets that criticised him, raising the ire of Sonthi L and the like, but he did not censor the media outright like the bunch who are in power now. Nor did he outlaw criticism in the way that we see now.

After all, we still got to read about Thaksin's wrongdoings while he was in power. I know I did. Quite unlike military governments in the past, where people only got to read about their wrongdoings after they had left office.

Historically, the poster was correct, and you are obfuscating history, which is not even laughable, more like giggleable, or chuckleable...gods, the Thaksin haters are hilarious...just a quaint old lady cup of knitting circle silly.

Agreed. It baffles me to see a group of people who owe all that they are to freedom and democracy, support a transition to military dictatorship in someone else's country.

A warped case of the Stockholm Syndrome, perhaps?

MM, I had as much history as will ever need from school without this guy to tell me to look into the Military history, how far back to the wars on elephants ???

Listen to the rhetoric quote "the BUNCH that are in power now" If this is not an agenda against the army Then I am Andy Pandy..

Now my PTP friend, are we talking about a one to one situation here, because that is all it boils down to. I said Thaksin had all the media by the short and curlies, and this army NOW has done what wrong ???? forget before Thaksin or other military. lets talk about the present and compare these 2 shall we. Answer NO I will bet my bottom dollar you have all the praise for Thaksin/PTP/Yingluck and nothing for the Army.

What did you learn about Thai history at school?

MM, I had as much history as will ever need from school without this guy to tell me to look into the Military history, how far back to the wars on elephants ???

Listen to the rhetoric quote "the BUNCH that are in power now" If this is not an agenda against the army Then I am Andy Pandy..

Now my PTP friend, are we talking about a one to one situation here, because that is all it boils down to. I said Thaksin had all the media by the short and curlies, and this army NOW has done what wrong ???? forget before Thaksin or other military. lets talk about the present and compare these 2 shall we. Answer NO I will bet my bottom dollar you have all the praise for Thaksin/PTP/Yingluck and nothing for the Army.

What did you learn about Thai history at school?

Still trying to avoid the 3 years of PTP and the 9 weeks of the army ?? B/S reply as usual to divert .

Agreed. It baffles me to see a group of people who owe all that they are to freedom and democracy, support a transition to military dictatorship in someone else's country.

It is baffling when a vast majority of posters have this same thinking---and you lot a splinter group -hanging on for dear life to the apron strings of Yingluck.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

Depending on how it was translated the discussion title isnt the most ideal.

" It is enough for corruption " is way off the mark as it's never enough for corruption.

It probably means the same as the English exclamation: "Enough of corruption!" meaning: "We have had enough of corruption."

A museum which will serve as the learning centre about corruption will also be set up. So anyone who wants to know anything about corruption can come to the museum or visit its website.

Anyone who wants to know anything about corruption can ask Chalerm.

This is nothing more than a parade -- education corruption, paying private schools, lottery corruption,,paying military fools..these are untouchables...ad some letters if you want.

This is complete horse hockey...bull feathers...and anyone who says otherwise is either waving a flag of their favorite color or punting.

This is nothing more than a parade -- education corruption, paying private schools, lottery corruption,,paying military fools..these are untouchables...ad some letters if you want.

This is complete horse hockey...bull feathers...and anyone who says otherwise is either waving a flag of their favorite color or punting.

Ha. this is nothing more than an agenda reply--anti army anti most things. because PTP titanic sank.

Wheres the hotline number and follow up call after investigations?

Ok they can start with the land office on srinakarin road next to seri centre/paradise world or whatever its called now, they still take 2000 baht if you want to jump the queue, did it last week.

Being as we are always told "they keep a close eye" on Thai Visa they will have no problem reading this then.

Ill report back next time I go in to see if its still do-able

Wheres the hotline number and follow up call after investigations?

Ok they can start with the land office on srinakarin road next to seri centre/paradise world or whatever its called now, they still take 2000 baht if you want to jump the queue, did it last week.

Being as we are always told "they keep a close eye" on Thai Visa they will have no problem reading this then.

Ill report back next time I go in to see if its still do-able

If you mention this to a Thai in the past the answer would be----remember this is Thailand. but this needs nipping in the bud, land office officer sacked and asked for all bribe money returned. Look into their bank withdrawals if they ever make any to live on.

By all means crack down on corruption, full moon parties, insolent video games, naughty visa runners and boy racers.

And while your at it - you might as well have a crack down on bad taste, inefficient building codes, the terrible standard of plumbing and some of seriously botched attempts at using cosmetics by lady boys.

The world economy is on the brink. International investment in Thailand is on hold. Capital outflow requires almost daily intervention by the central bank to maintain currency valuation. Tourism is heading for the crapper - despite the TAT is releasing tens of thousands of balloons and launching the ironic "friends for ever" campaign. Retail is in ICU and real estate has tanked.

A salient economic strategy for this country is required now. And every day that passes without it, draws it closer to economic ruin. And that will produce more corruption, crime and misery, than any crackdown can rectify.

• Like 1

Funny thing this corruption issue. Personally I neither like it or agree with it but it is not an easy thing to get rid of, which does not mean it should be tolerated.

I hate the Shin regime, the PTP, and the redshirts for their blatant use of this despicable thing we call corruption, and anyone else who uses it. But it must be stopped at all costs, starting from the top.

A lot of the posters on TVF love to bag Thailand because of corruption, but are quite happy to make use of it when the time comes. They can get away with things that they would not in their home countries.

And funnily enough some of the posters whine about it while supporting the Shins at the same time ! Talk about a conflict of interest.

The reason why you never see a Thai tv show that has corrupt cops, politicians, or military is that they are not allowed to broadcast shows with that content. It's strictly censored.

This is the heart of the matter. It will be " Round up the usual suspects" and then the case will be closed, and yet another victory for the Good Citizens of Bangkok will be declared. If they really wanted to educate the public, they should do a Thai version of " The Wire , with Jon Burdett as consultant, and make NO cuts.

Lester Freamon can do a PSA, reminding everyone " To follow the money! " :)

Since the whole notion of " Thainess" is inherently corruot, don't expect to see anything like this on Thai TV soon, but one can always dream! :)

"Most Thais loathe corruption I mean the ones trying to make an honest living and the ones without enough money to be corrupt. "

Not so, didn't a survey among Thais last year show that 74% approved of it?

That poll was conducted in China Town----Chiang Mai----Udon Thani-Pattaya-Phuket-and Samui. + all land offices etc.

Edited by ginjag

"Most Thais loathe corruption I mean the ones trying to make an honest living and the ones without enough money to be corrupt. "

Not so, didn't a survey among Thais last year show that 74% approved of it?

"Not so, didn't a survey among Thais last year show that 74% approved of it?"

As long as it serves their interests and they can "get away" with it, then yes they will.

It is baffling when a vast majority of posters have this same thinking---and you lot a splinter group -hanging on for dear life to the apron strings of Yingluck.

Wrong again. Let's test your ability to think logically.

Is it possible to hold the following two opinions simultaneously meaning?

1) I support military dictatorship as a system of government

2) I support democracy as a system of government

And .... is number 2 below always a result of 1 below, or are other outcomes possible?

1) I do not support a military dictatorship as a system of government, therefore

2) I must only support Thaksin

What you are saying is that posters here who do not support a military dictatorship as a system of government must support Thaksin. This is quite clearly a false notion to any reasonable person.

Wrong again. Let's test your ability to think logically.

Is it possible to hold the following two opinions simultaneously meaning?

1) I support military dictatorship as a system of government

2) I support democracy as a system of government

And .... is number 2 below always a result of 1 below, or are other outcomes possible?

1) I do not support a military dictatorship as a system of government, therefore

2) I must only support Thaksin

What you are saying is that posters here who do not support a military dictatorship as a system of government must support Thaksin. This is quite clearly a false notion to any reasonable person.

If you splinter group members acknowledged that PTP/Thaksin government were that bad at what they did, and were that diabolical that they had to be ousted. Most others would not class you all as lovers of Thaksin.

It is the condoning--the near non existent criticism of PTP. The refusal to answer simple questions I have put over a long time---What mega achievements have the PTP go credit for in the 3 years ??

Do YOU understand now why you are put in the SHIN clan group.

I would normally not support military control, BUT in this case we do not have a choice ( explained why) and I am kinder liking what I see like most people now it's not bad for an interim government--------but it's against your principles even Thaksin style democracy.

Stay on your side -love it if it gives you satisfaction to disrupt people wishing to move on. Bye coffee time.