Caught her out with an IP trace

WhamBam

I never understand the desire of western men for respectable women.

They aren't much fun, but naughty girls are!

What does it matter to you, what she does when you aren't using her services?

I never understand why some men constantly seek out empty, meaningless sexual encounters without entering into anything remotely resembling a normal adult relationship with someone they see as their equal.

But each to their own, I guess.

Are you suggesting you can't have a normal adult relationship with a naughty girl?

Because if you are, there are a lot foreigners married to (former) sex workers they met in a bar/massage/coffee shop/etc.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

try this

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=what's+my+ip

You can also do some searches for "whois +geoip" which should lead you to some web based whois/geoip lookup sites. They can get quite specific about location.

Traceroute follows the hops between you and a host and does not do a lookup.

3BB does provide fairly accurate geoip information and the above link locates me accurately.

You're missing my point. My IP address right now is 180.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where am I ? I'm not in Bangkok.

Sorry if i missed your point. That's a 3BB address and the pool it is registered with is in Bangkok. 3BB provides that information to Geip (Maxmind). It doesn't always work.

In my case it doesn't pinpoint my exact town but instead the nearest ip pool, which in my case is a nearby city.

Are you a long way from bangkok? ...or PM me.

I never understand why some men constantly seek out empty, meaningless sexual encounters without entering into anything remotely resembling a normal adult relationship with someone they see as their equal.

Are you suggesting you can't have a normal adult relationship with a naughty girl?

Because if you are, there are a lot foreigners married to (former) sex workers they met in a bar/massage/coffee shop/etc.

I guess anything is possible. But judging by the way many here talk about Thai women, I have my doubts about the 'someone they see as their equal' part.

not too sure how you traced an email to an IP?

IP trace on an email would trace the IP the mailbox on the server is located not her location surely?

Anyway.... never understood how someone could be with someone so long and not know they are doing the dirty on them, that is not a dig just surprises me, anyway hopefully you will find a nice lady soon to make up for the lost time, good luck.

Exactly. Email services operate like a cloud system. The email is not sent from your computer but rather from the cloud server.

I guess anything is possible. But judging by the way many here talk about Thai women, I have my doubts about the 'someone they see as their equal' part.

I once met a girl I saw as my equal (USA), we dated for a few months but both found it too stressful.

I rarely meet any men I see as my equal either (none of them were Thai).

Life must be a lot easier for stupid people, it's hard at the top.

A good, sensible post.

The answers (in no particular order) are:

1. low self-esteem

2. desperation

3. inadequacy / inferiority issues

Having had seen your fair share of psychologists over the years David, I'd say you would be well qualified to make such a statement.

It must be hard for you, the constant analysis and all that

• Like 2

IP trace on an email would trace the IP the mailbox on the server is located not her location surely?

Anyway.... never understood how someone could be with someone so long and not know they are doing the dirty on them, that is not a dig just surprises me, anyway hopefully you will find a nice lady soon to make up for the lost time, good luck.

Exactly. Email services operate like a cloud system. The email is not sent from your computer but rather from the cloud server.

A lot of stuff these days gets your local Ip address embedded into it.

Certainly posts on ThaiVisa have your Ip address on the bottom right of the post.

But only MoDs get to view that info.

I assume gmail, hotmail, etc. all have that info included in the message.

What email service was she using? This does not seem possible to do with emails originating from either gmail nor hotmail.

Yes, it's possible with gmail and hotmail... All you need to do is access the header info in the message... the source IP address will be listed there...

Both services hide the X-Originating-IP in the email header.

The IP trace came back as Rayong. Rayong is a long way from Issan where she is supposed to be. I checked the IP trace on different sites.

I did a check on the name of the sender with several sites too. ALL said the sender was located on Beach Road in Pattaya !

Never knew that Pattaya was in Rayong province. You learn somethinmg everyday.

The OP should have joined ThaiVisa then he would have attracted a hiso girl 30 years younger, from a powerful family, who has a great job and degrees coming out of her azz.

Well, if you believe everything on anonymous forums that is,......

Edited by Banzai99

try this

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=what's+my+ip

You can also do some searches for "whois +geoip" which should lead you to some web based whois/geoip lookup sites. They can get quite specific about location.

Traceroute follows the hops between you and a host and does not do a lookup.

3BB does provide fairly accurate geoip information and the above link locates me accurately.

You're missing my point. My IP address right now is 180.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where am I ? I'm not in Bangkok.

Sorry if i missed your point. That's a 3BB address and the pool it is registered with is in Bangkok. 3BB provides that information to Geip (Maxmind). It doesn't always work.

In my case it doesn't pinpoint my exact town but instead the nearest ip pool, which in my case is a nearby city.

Are you a long way from bangkok? ...or PM me.

I'm in Hua Hin.

I've found MaxMind never was that good at city resolution on their GeoIP system even when using the premium subscription packages they offer. It's only good in certain countries and even then it's limited to certain states / provinces and ISP's.

Edited by SeaVisionBurma

Congratulations WhamBam on finding out your GF was not where she was meant to be!

But, are you really sure what you are reading from your IP trace?

Not sure exactly what you are refering to with a WHOIS on an email address and how it could be satisfied with an address on Beach Road? I've never put a postal address on any email account and an IP trace will only show you the IP block that has been asigned by the ISP, the IP location will be that of the ISP (Internet Service Provider).

Same goes for your IP trace, it will show the ISP.

Anyway, that is my only my understanding............wai.gif

Hope you haven't burnt the girl on assumption.

• Like 1

I'm in Hua Hin.

I've found MaxMind never was that good at city resolution on their GeoIP system even when using the premium subscription packages they offer. It's only good in certain countries and even then it's limited to certain states / provinces and ISP's.

You're in Hua Hin but 3BB has informed Maxmind/Geoip that your IP is in a Bangkok pool. The accuracy relies on the information provided by the ISP.

The OP mentioned the lookup of his girlfriend's IP was pinpointed to Beach Rd. Pattaya. I'd like to see that as I don't see how that's possible. That doesn't mean it's not possible though.

Edited by 96tehtarp
  • Like 1

Exactly.

Go on op, tell us how you traced her ip please?

You can't through her email far as I know.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What ISP is this. I'm curious how you narrowed her location to a specific place.

My ISP which is 3BB doesn't show anything about the city you're in, everyone shows up as being in Bangkok if you have the dynamic IP like I do.

When you connect to 3BB you just get assigned to one of their seemingly nationwide dynamic IP pools and there's nothing in the traceroute which even remotely identifies the geographic location - they're all set as 'Bangkok'.

I'm in Hua Hin but there's no way to tell this.

Without information from the ISP he can't. The ISP won't divulge that information without a warrant normally, not sure what the situation is here at the minute though. Even if it was a static IP you would still have problems.

rDNS is useful but will not provide a postal address.

Use http://www.whatismyip.com/ and click on more IP information. That will show you something like this:

post-76988-0-86864700-1408195750_thumb.j

The location of the right hand address is not my address but that of the 3BB ISP. Obviously yours won't say Phitsanulok................rolleyes.gif

Edited by chrisinth

What I am not understanding is that you were together for "2 1/2 years before you had to go home". Im assuming you were living together? Were you living in Pattaya at the time with her? or was she at her "shop" in Issan and you would see her now and then?

If you were not living together and she was in Issan and you Pattaya, you need to understand that there is no committment to her, especially after 2 1/2 years.

These girls meet farang guys all the time who promise them the moon and then after holiday, the guy is gone.

She should have been upfront with you, agreed. But there are two sides to each coin.

Yes, assuming the OP is being truthful (which I somehow doubt) he can't really be surprised that his lack of commitment resulted in her exploring better options.

Exactly.

Go on op, tell us how you traced her ip please?

You can't through her email far as I know.

CAN..........................................or cannot......................who knows..................

I just tried an email trace on a message that my husband sent me. It geolocated to California. That's very interesting considering he sent it while working overseas - and yes, I know for a fact that he is overseas and NOT in California.

Conclusion: Don't trust the geolocation on an email. rolleyes.gif

Nightly calls at the same time :(

I did that many many years ago and it was such a drag...completely pointless to conduct a relationship that way...

It becomes so boring and tedious that you start to think all day about what you can say to possibly brighten up an otherwise forced and strained conversation..

Avoid this scenario at all costs...

• Like 2

i read the last few comments == expert from CSI Chonburicheesy.gif

like the member Loptr said previously, its easy to track email. You can found the ip address of the send in the header, in yahoo mail and hotmail.

Thought not sure about gmail.

Seems a lot of our dear member are still living in the last centurywhistling.gif

How many Thai women do I know playing more than one guy? Lots.

How many farang guys do I know playing more than one gal? Lots.

Monogamy in Thailand. Really? Naive just a tad methinks.

Jeez, its hardly rocket science.

Take the girl back to the back of Buffalo Nowhere, head to the local TOT shop, get landline installed, costs 100 baht per month rental, get phone number, go to HomePro and buy cheapo 500 baht phone, install in house.

Go back to farangland and dial number, kor sai khun Lek krap, if Khun Lek aint available, phone back after 10 minutes, if she still aint available, well guess the rest.

Total outlay, about 1000 baht, no need for the "Black Ops" types phone trackers or other such BS.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I just tried an email trace on a message that my husband sent me. It geolocated to California. That's very interesting considering he sent it while working overseas - and yes, I know for a fact that he is overseas and NOT in California.

Conclusion: Don't trust the geolocation on an email. rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif>

What you are likely seeing will be your husband's email SMTP server IP address, the address that he will have setup in his email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc). Sometimes they work overseas, sometimes they don't.

One of the reasons I have all my emails sent via smtp2go (this is not a plug for them!) which is a third party SMTP service. Would like to see someone tracing that.

Conclusion: Don't trust the geolocation on an email. rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif>

What you are likely seeing will be your husband's email SMTP server IP address, the address that he will have setup in his email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc). Sometimes they work overseas, sometimes they don't.

One of the reasons I have all my emails sent via smtp2go (this is not a plug for them!) which is a third party SMTP service. Would like to see someone tracing that.

We use yahoo mail through the browser. I have no idea if that makes a difference. I just tried it to see if it would get anywhere near him. I guess my point is, that an email IP address is probably not exactly where the person writing the email is sitting. It's usually the IP of the server that the email service generates from. So, if the OP has somehow figured out how to get the street address of an end user off an email, I'd love to know how.

And thanks for the advice about the third party service. I'll check that out.

• Like 1

Is the girl a prostitute because she is or was in Pattaya ?

How long did you see her during these 2,5 years ?

There is nothing wrong in creating a long distance relationship and keeping the girl on a virtual cloud.

But nothing says that you were more than just local temporary entertainment for her.

Enjoy your pyrrhic victory on the web as a hardcore computer literate...

Edited by Thorgal