Just started researching. Any viable resources listing Paid Relocation Jobs?

I am a Developer currently located in the US. My girlfriend is teaching in Thailand and i would love to join her over there. Does anyone know of any online resources listing jobs in Thailand that will pay for relocation? What I have found so far is older job listings or very vague and seemingly abandoned job posts. I am literally just starting this search and I could easily be looking in the wrong place. Websites like Monster and Indeed list Paid Relocation jobs, but unfortunately they are limited to the United States.

I am very qualified, and would work at a small dev shop or a corporate giant. Whatever I would need to do to get over there.

Any advice is appreciated. I understand the visa process. No need to explain that one. Thank you!

-Branden Dane

In reality you will not find a paid relocation (i.e. expat package job) on those general job websites like monster etc- almost all expat package jobs in bangkok are internal staff transfers- That means you are working for a company in US and they then move you to work in bangkok for the same company.

Alternatively, any company in Bangkok looking for an expat developer will put an ad in the Bangkok post local news paper and get dozens of local expat developers who are here already and can be hired on local packages without relocation costs. Your best bet is to move here and try and find jobs locally when you are here.

Let's face it, relocation packages ("expat") tend to be offered to senior execs. For jobs such as developers, it'll be local contracts paying local money with little or no extra benefits and mostly given to local people.

C'est la vie!

Edited by Fab5BKK

I am a Developer currently located in the US. My girlfriend is teaching in Thailand and i would love to join her over there. Does anyone know of any online resources listing jobs in Thailand that will pay for relocation? What I have found so far is older job listings or very vague and seemingly abandoned job posts. I am literally just starting this search and I could easily be looking in the wrong place. Websites like Monster and Indeed list Paid Relocation jobs, but unfortunately they are limited to the United States.I am very qualified, and would work at a small dev shop or a corporate giant. Whatever I would need to do to get over there. Any advice is appreciated. I understand the visa process. No need to explain that one. Thank you!-Branden Dane

Well for sure I believe you have just started looking.

Paid to come here and be given a job too !! to be with your girlfriend!!

Don't mean to burst your bubble and apolagies for straight talking but,

Its Never Gonna Happen !

As posted allready there will be alot of expats allready here that can do your job and would work for alot less and probably understand the Thai Language.

Sorry for the bad news , but I think its better you have a truthfull answer than you dreaming of being paid to come here and have a job just waiting for you when you get of the plane.

On a lighter note you did make me smile.

Even on TV I dont think ive seen an OP that has actually thought something as daft as to be posted here thinking they would be paid to come here and given a job ! :-)

Disclaimer : No hard feelings meant

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app