Anyone been Clamped ?

The police have been clamping illegally parked cars for a few years near my house in Bangkok. I believe the fine is, or was, 400 Baht.

I had a padlock put on my motorbike about a year ago. Had to wait for a cop to show up, paid him off and was on my way.

I was clamped in Walking Street twenty years ago. The cops at the police box at the entrance of the Street called a baht bus to take me to the cop shop to pay the fine. I got it knocked down to baht 300.

I think I must have been the first to be clamped in Pattaya. I would imagine some bright cop thought that it would be a 'nice little earner'. Never seen a wheel clamp in Pattaya since.

Clamp on 25th December 2013.

Pattaya 2nd Road just north of Pattaya Central Road on the right hand side.

Discovered the most efficient process in all of Thailand that day.

Walk down to police station on beach road (5 mins), took number, wait 5 minutes, paid 400 fine plus 300 for clamp service or something.

Received three receipts.

Told to go back car, clamp gone.

5 minute walk back to car and by the time I got there the clamp was gone. There I was expecting a 2 hour wait like in Perth sometimes waiting to be

unclamped.

By the way if you drive up 2nd road Pattaya you will see the No Parking Signs AFTER you have gone past them, they are all angled way from the single

direction of travel.

IMPORTANT........... Inspect your wheels before driving away.

The clamp is yellow, but unless you see it before trying to drive away, you will be for a sudden shock and maybe some car damage. I don't think there is one standard wheel used, especially if some wheels are too near obstructions like curbs.

Five years ago I came to my truck to find a clamp installation in progress. I wai, beg in English and bow lots. I dropped a 500 on ground. Nice smiling officer picked it up, took away the clamp, pointed to a sign in Thai saying wrong side of street, and here is the best part....

OFFICER STOOD IN A PROPER SPOT, HELD IT OPEN FOR ME, AND THEN WAVED ME IN. He saluted me.

It was then that I knew I had moved to the correct place for me! rolleyes.gif

IMPORTANT........... Inspect your wheels before driving away.

The clamp is yellow, but unless you see it before trying to drive away, you will be for a sudden shock and maybe some car damage. I don't think there is one standard wheel used, especially if some wheels are too near obstructions like curbs.

Five years ago I came to my truck to find a clamp installation in progress. I wai, beg in English and bow lots. I dropped a 500 on ground. Nice smiling officer picked it up, took away the clamp, pointed to a sign in Thai saying wrong side of street, and here is the best part....

OFFICER STOOD IN A PROPER SPOT, HELD IT OPEN FOR ME, AND THEN WAVED ME IN. He saluted me.

It was then that I knew I had moved to the correct place for me! rolleyes.gif

haha not surprised he saluted others are saying the fine is 200 baht biggrin.png

• Like 1

I was clamped two days ago in Nakhon Si Tammarat. The clamp was a dark red color, which I could have missed, but there was a large sticker on the driver's side window which I couldn't miss. A motorbike taxi took me to the police station to pay the B500 fine, and by the time we'd arrived back at the car, the clamp was gone.

I parked at the end of a line of cars, but apparently just slightly into a bus stop. At least now I know what yellow and white stripes on the curb mean.