Islamist militants 'kill US reporter James Foley on video'

webfact

Are we going to see the "peaceful" Muslims living in Europe and their left-wing servants, go all out in the streets protesting against these extremely disgusting act? Of course not..........

Like these?

Campaigners march through London to protest against ISIS attacks on Iraqis and Syrians

Thousands march in Berlin to protest ISIS abuse of Yezidi minority in Iraq

Calgary imam protests ISIS beheading of U.S. journalist

• Like 1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As "normal" the US condemn all to easy. Since WW2 they see everywhere enemies. And look what happen. Saddam Housein, not the most nice dictator of this world, would have "weapons of mass destruction", Bush Jr start talking and soon all the others follow. Not one speech without those weapons. CNN, NBC, Fox all repeat and repeat till the US people start believe so. The lie was born and as remedy the US invaded Iraq. Never in history of Iraq where there so many dead's..

Now with the IS the same. All you hear is the bad news over and over again and make the US citizen ready to send in their sons and daughters to bring them freedom and democratic standards. Sadly those sons and daughters have no idea what freedom is. The where born under the indoctrination from a US government that do nothing else then protect a few rich families.

And the body bags send back home are just the toll the US citizen have to pay to those rich ones.

• Like 1

It's sad for Mr. Foley and his family but.....

Mr. Foley did go to an area that is in war and toke the risk of getting killed. The IS and the US have both their ways to execute people who break their law. It's not up to a country to condem the justice system in an other country. Jurustic it seems to get an intresting case now all believe, US and UK, that a citizen from UK killed a US citizen under IS laws.

Well like so many terrorist maybe this UK citizen will be the next president of the IS. Many did go for him like Nelson Mandela and Jasser Arafat to name a few.

There is a tunnel, a long well known tunnel in Syria. I am unsure of it's near Damascus or the border; I've never been. Nearly 18 months ago friends of mine had a contract with CNN, Atlanta, to provide close protection for a news crew. Operating on the ground and a small cell in ATLANTA they monitored open source and other info to guide safety on the ground. At one point they advised an immediate pullout and in Syria they were moving the news crew through this tunnel. A female news reporter passed them as she was entering and they spoke. She was advised to leave immediately because (I think it was) al nursa moving in this area. She declined and was killed within days. The news crew was uninsured. Very successful story.

I mention this because yes, journalists do know the threat. Every bad place I have ever been there have been reporters, unarmed, right beside me or others, in impossibly dangerous situations. I mean, head ducking, ear splitting, sky whinning, concussive environments. They know whT they are getting into. I am aghast at most regarding Islamic extremism but I do not believe western policy should pivot on the death of someone who was clearly vulnerable. Policy should simply not hinge on such factors. Therefore, being policy clearly is being managed now regarding this alleged death, it causes me suspicion. It's a little bit too easy to now slide in this action as justification for further war in Syria.

Alleged death. I'd assumed it was official...naive of me I suppose. Come to think of it,the reports only stated the video was authentic, clever words to make the reader think it confirms the death, but actually doesn't, just that the video did originate from where it was purported to have originated and wasn't edited.

If it is as you say it might be, it wouldn't be the first time the US (and many other countries) focus on one event to garner public support for actions of unkown ulterior motives.

• Like 1

Mr. Foley did go to an area that is in war and toke the risk of getting killed. The IS and the US have both their ways to execute people who break their law. It's not up to a country to condem the justice system in an other country. Jurustic it seems to get an intresting case now all believe, US and UK, that a citizen from UK killed a US citizen under IS laws.

Well like so many terrorist maybe this UK citizen will be the next president of the IS. Many did go for him like Nelson Mandela and Jasser Arafat to name a few.

There is a tunnel, a long well known tunnel in Syria. I am unsure of it's near Damascus or the border; I've never been. Nearly 18 months ago friends of mine had a contract with CNN, Atlanta, to provide close protection for a news crew. Operating on the ground and a small cell in ATLANTA they monitored open source and other info to guide safety on the ground. At one point they advised an immediate pullout and in Syria they were moving the news crew through this tunnel. A female news reporter passed them as she was entering and they spoke. She was advised to leave immediately because (I think it was) al nursa moving in this area. She declined and was killed within days. The news crew was uninsured. Very successful story.

I mention this because yes, journalists do know the threat. Every bad place I have ever been there have been reporters, unarmed, right beside me or others, in impossibly dangerous situations. I mean, head ducking, ear splitting, sky whinning, concussive environments. They know whT they are getting into. I am aghast at most regarding Islamic extremism but I do not believe western policy should pivot on the death of someone who was clearly vulnerable. Policy should simply not hinge on such factors. Therefore, being policy clearly is being managed now regarding this alleged death, it causes me suspicion. It's a little bit too easy to now slide in this action as justification for further war in Syria.

Alleged death. I'd assumed it was official...naive of me I suppose. Come to think of it,the reports only stated the video was authentic, clever words to make the reader think it confirms the death, but actually doesn't, just that the video did originate from where it was purported to have originated and wasn't edited.

If it is as you say it might be, it wouldn't be the first time the US (and many other countries) focus on one event to garner public support for actions of unkown ulterior motives.

One thing's for sure: there has been enough anger raised at this video and at the POTUS for playing golf instead of being seen to deal with this event, that the chances of the "no American boots on the ground" is getting smaller by the hour.

As "normal" the US condemn all to easy. Since WW2 they see everywhere enemies. And look what happen. Saddam Housein, not the most nice dictator of this world, would have "weapons of mass destruction", Bush Jr start talking and soon all the others follow. Not one speech without those weapons. CNN, NBC, Fox all repeat and repeat till the US people start believe so. The lie was born and as remedy the US invaded Iraq. Never in history of Iraq where there so many dead's..

Now with the IS the same. All you hear is the bad news over and over again and make the US citizen ready to send in their sons and daughters to bring them freedom and democratic standards. Sadly those sons and daughters have no idea what freedom is. The where born under the indoctrination from a US government that do nothing else then protect a few rich families.

And the body bags send back home are just the toll the US citizen have to pay to those rich ones.

I get the sense that you are not American; I am. And yet you capture my thoughts exactly. How sad for all involved.

• Like 2

I used the words "alleged death" because I was surprised at the various news feeds I was reading describing it like this. I have not seen the video but don't need to; I have seen plenty of this crap. According to what I read, there was a cut away before the decapitation. If I am way behind the knowledge curve and all of you already know differently, sorry. My latest thinking is that the video cut short the horrific ending. The media are calling this video smooth, slick packaging. Really? If the video cuts away before the beheading itself this is not slick packaging, this is contrived. I don't know to what end but there is zero value for IS to skip this part. This is not Hitchcock where employing the mind's suggestive powers makes the movie more suspenseful. IS gains by terrorizing the target audience. In fact, much about the video suggests a very different MO for delivery of this kind of message. "Slick?"

So, if I am late and everyone has seen some video where this is done, I retract. But if this video does not show the beheading, it is reasonable to call it "alleged," as many news feeds have. I am reminded, vaguely, of a movie called "Wag the Dog" where DC needs a war. They hire Hollywood types to create pretext, sympathetic persons, etc., to motivate the populace to go to war, or such. When one considers the self imposed obstacle Obama placed on himself regarding military action in Syria, and subsequent actions which further raised the bar for what it would take to get into Syria now, I don't put anything past the US, or the West. For those who think this is tin foil hat thinking; perhaps. But history is filled with countless examples of people's being manipulated into war by demonizing the opponent, whether valid or not.

• Like 1

True , us old hands have been lied to by the politicians in the West for decades. So we know their tactics, but their is little we can do about it, because a fresh crop of naïve teenagers will be recruited to fill the ranks, and continue dieing for the rich in senseless conflicts.

Everywhere.

• Like 2

Are we going to see the "peaceful" Muslims living in Europe and their left-wing servants, go all out in the streets protesting against these extremely disgusting act? Of course not..........

Like these?

Campaigners march through London to protest against ISIS attacks on Iraqis and Syrians

The Calgary Imam (courageous and principled that he is) is a rarity when you consider the overall picture, which the following article does.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/muslim-silence-amid-isis-atrocities/

The Calgary Imam characterized the number of Western Muslims joining ISIS as an epidemic. This is nowhere more apparent than in the UK which due to institutionalized denial is deep in the mire.

Edited by Steely Dan
  • Like 1

Like these?

The Calgary Imam (courageous and principled that he is) is a rarity when you consider the overall picture, which the following article does.

The Calgary Imam characterized the number of Western Muslims joining ISIS as an epidemic. This is nowhere more apparent than in the UK which due to institutionalized denial is deep in the mire.

It is good to post stories about other voices. However, while I'm sympathetic to this article it continues some false narratives that are the core issue of whether this is an inevitable clash of civilizations or the hijacking of a major religion; both horrible developments. The author notes in this example that the imam voiced opposition to IS. That's great but buried in here is that the imam was rebuked. The reason is, the imam taking a stand against IS and a caliphate has no sacred authority for his position; he may be a Muslim favorable to the west, secular government, and multiculturalism, but he is simply not following scripture. It's the highest calling of a Muslim man, in his life, to swear alliance to a caliph. We may not like IS and see it as the final example of what we feared about al queda, but they are orthodox.

This author also repeats a false narrative that generally, in a global context, Muslims preach their religion is about "peace and love." This is simply not true. This is a summation of the western media from various interviews with Muslims over time. Muslims, who speak coyly, state "Islam means peace." They state the Koran is love, at times. But Islam means submission. The author duly notes that Islam's point (even though I assert they don't declare regarding peace and love) is made less effective by detonating suicide vests. True. Notwithstanding some less than orthodox Muslims who mention love, or media droning that states Islam's peace, everyday, all around the world, body after body, limb after limb, Islam does preach it's meaning to us. It informs us exactly what Islam stands for. Considering the number of Muslims in the world exceeds one billion souls the silence from "good" Muslims is deafening. Why des the west need to apply mental gymnastics to evade what's openly declared? Islam means submission! Islam by it's explicit design is constructed to war until the world is Islam. This can't be proved incorrect.

(Note: When Muslims cite a Koranic passage about peace or love determine the Sura number. All suras are superseded by the next. Many of the early suras are historically when Islam was a child, seeking a seat at the table in medina. Once they were at the head of the table the suras darkened, and eternal mandates for war became forever locked in scripture).

Edited by arjunadawn
  • Like 2

Disgusting.

Like these?

It is good to post stories about other voices. However, while I'm sympathetic to this article it continues some false narratives that are the core issue of whether this is an inevitable clash of civilizations or the hijacking of a major religion; both horrible developments. The author notes in this example that the imam voiced opposition to IS. That's great but buried in here is that the imam was rebuked. The reason is, the imam taking a stand against IS and a caliphate has no sacred authority for his position; he may be a Muslim favorable to the west, secular government, and multiculturalism, but he is simply not following scripture. It's the highest calling of a Muslim man, in his life, to swear alliance to a caliph. We may not like IS and see it as the final example of what we feared about al queda, but they are orthodox.

This author also repeats a false narrative that generally, in a global context, Muslims preach their religion is about "peace and love." This is simply not true. This is a summation of the western media from various interviews with Muslims over time. Muslims, who speak coyly, state "Islam means peace." They state the Koran is love, at times. But Islam means submission. The author duly notes that Islam's point (even though I assert they don't declare regarding peace and love) is made less effective by detonating suicide vests. True. Notwithstanding some less than orthodox Muslims who mention love, or media droning that states Islam's peace, everyday, all around the world, body after body, limb after limb, Islam does preach it's meaning to us. It informs us exactly what Islam stands for. Considering the number of Muslims in the world exceeds one billion souls the silence from "good" Muslims is deafening. Why des the west need to apply mental gymnastics to evade what's openly declared? Islam means submission! Islam by it's explicit design is constructed to war until the world is Islam. This can't be proved incorrect.

(Note: When Muslims cite a Koranic passage about peace or love determine the Sura number. All suras are superseded by the next. Many of the early suras are historically when Islam was a child, seeking a seat at the table in medina. Once they were at the head of the table the suras darkened, and eternal mandates for war became forever locked in scripture).

Thanks for that excellent clarification, you are of course correct; for the few moderate voices there are it means little unless the main schools of Islamic jurisprudence explicitly abrogate all the supremacist verses, in practical terms this would amount to junking the second half of the Koran (where it's Earthly author arguably went insane).

It is difficult to get a handle on how many Muslims would actually support a Caliphate if push came to shove. An opinion poll of the percentage favoring Sharia law would IMHO make a good proxy, in which case the UK figure is 40%. How many Muslims of fighting age live in the West? Our leaders don't have the stomach to do the math.

I used the words "alleged death" because I was surprised at the various news feeds I was reading describing it like this. I have not seen the video but don't need to; I have seen plenty of this crap. According to what I read, there was a cut away before the decapitation. If I am way behind the knowledge curve and all of you already know differently, sorry. My latest thinking is that the video cut short the horrific ending. The media are calling this video smooth, slick packaging. Really? If the video cuts away before the beheading itself this is not slick packaging, this is contrived. I don't know to what end but there is zero value for IS to skip this part. This is not Hitchcock where employing the mind's suggestive powers makes the movie more suspenseful. IS gains by terrorizing the target audience. In fact, much about the video suggests a very different MO for delivery of this kind of message. "Slick?"

So, if I am late and everyone has seen some video where this is done, I retract. But if this video does not show the beheading, it is reasonable to call it "alleged," as many news feeds have. I am reminded, vaguely, of a movie called "Wag the Dog" where DC needs a war. They hire Hollywood types to create pretext, sympathetic persons, etc., to motivate the populace to go to war, or such. When one considers the self imposed obstacle Obama placed on himself regarding military action in Syria, and subsequent actions which further raised the bar for what it would take to get into Syria now, I don't put anything past the US, or the West. For those who think this is tin foil hat thinking; perhaps. But history is filled with countless examples of people's being manipulated into war by demonizing the opponent, whether valid or not.

Not tin foil hat thinking at all. As you usually do (dare I say not always?), you've consider the evidence dispassionately. Anyone who thinks the tail has never wagged the dog is naive or living in cloud cuckoo land.

Of course there will be those that will accuse you of it, if not outright at least in their minds. Ironically, given your Palestine views, though not surprisingly, some of them will be the same ones who will also never hear a conspiratorial word against Israel.

Edited by Seastallion

Like these?

(Note: When Muslims cite a Koranic passage about peace or love determine the Sura number. All suras are superseded by the next. Many of the early suras are historically when Islam was a child, seeking a seat at the table in medina. Once they were at the head of the table the suras darkened, and eternal mandates for war became forever locked in scripture) .

" Islam by it's explicit design is constructed to war until the world is Islam. This can't be proved incorrect. " But can it be proved correct?

Like these?

From a news article on the TV world news forum... " Mahathir is also critical of the MAS bailout, the state of Proton, the ISIS militant threat to national security ... ". (Mahathir, Malaysia's ex-premiere). Prominent Muslims obviously do speak out, but I wonder how much it gets reported. That quote was incidental to the report.

• Like 1

Like these?

From a news article on the TV world news forum... " Mahathir is also critical of the MAS bailout, the state of Proton, the ISIS militant threat to national security ... ". (Mahathir, Malaysia's ex-premiere). Prominent Muslims obviously do speak out, but I wonder how much it gets reported. That quote was incidental to the report.
Looks like we have another Muslim protesting IS, I'm not sure this counts as moderate but I do approve.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/egypt-feminist-defecates-on-is-flag-in-the-nude/

I missed this earlier but re read a number of times now. People like you are a greater threat then the UK terrorist you seem to think is in Rome (When in Rome do as the Romans). IS' infection is limited to those who's lives IS physically touches, and scars. Your sickness masks as something thoughtful and seeks to muddy some pretty clear water. You argue this is some proxy confusion of jurisprudence and jurisdiction? Clowns with that mentality run the US and justice department. I'd always known Holder and Obama can't be the only fools. Someone must support them. I've now discovered who.

It's unlikely one who forms his thoughts as similarly as he defecates would care but this is not a case of a legitimate "justice system." It's hardly an application of Sharia. This is an act to terrorize an enemy! Foley had no crime! Journalists are not verboten in Muslim lands. The "criminal" was the West/US and Foley was executed as a proxy/absentia for all US people! Moreover, this "Sharia" nonsense masks... simply... a massive power grab. IS is an invading parasite to the Syrians. You give sustenance to barbarians by rationalizing their evil.

• Like 2

I surely wouldn't mind being the one to throw the switch on him.

And that make you from the same caliber as the IS guy. Maybe it would be more sensible to talk with people like that, But it seems that you know all the answers.

I think when talking about 'throwing the switch', it's about someone who already had a trial, and probably an appeal process.

It's not quite the same as kneeling in the desert, confessing and then being killed.

Far too many western countries have opened their doors to radical islam and do not have the tools to keep them in check. It will not be long now before another mass murder by a martyr will be commited in a western counrty in the name of Islam.

I guess that's karma for what the Western countries did during the Crusades.

It will not be long now before another mass murder by a martyr will be commited in a western counrty in the name of Islam.

Not a mass murder, but a mass blackout . . .

"Kuffar [non-muslims] don't get to play videogames until bombing of the ISIL stops."

Now i know why i couldn't log onto the Playstation Network for most of yesterday . . . http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28925052

• Like 1