Contractor to Build a Perimeter Wall

Thailaw

Has anyone had a perimeter wall built on their property recently? Can you recommend a good, reasonably priced contractor to build a wall that would also likely have a simple garage in the corner? I have a 1 meter existing perimeter wall, but want to raise it to 2.5 to 3 meters for privacy. I assume that the existing wall can be used for the foundation/base of the wall if the uprights are properly extended and a beam securing the block wall on the top, yes? Any rough ideas as to cost per meter will be appreciated. Thanks.

The way I understand is that the foundation under your existing wall, which probably is calculated on a 1 meter high wall, is the one that has to bear the weight.

And your point is? Several people in my neighborhood have raised their existing walls from about 1.5 meters to more than 2.5 meters, using the existing wall and the same foundation, without problem (at least no problem thus far and it has been several years since the walls were raised. Going from 1 meter to 2.5 may be more difficult, but I expect that, in the worst case, the foundation will need to be strengthened/deepened at some or all of the uprights. In any event, this is an issue to discuss with the contractor, assuming that I can find one, to ensure that the wall is stable and secure.

The way I understand is that the foundation under your existing wall, which probably is calculated on a 1 meter high wall, is the one that has to bear the weight.

And your point is? Several people in my neighborhood have raised their existing walls from about 1.5 meters to more than 2.5 meters, using the existing wall and the same foundation, without problem (at least no problem thus far and it has been several years since the walls were raised. Going from 1 meter to 2.5 may be more difficult, but I expect that, in the worst case, the foundation will need to be strengthened/deepened at some or all of the uprights. In any event, this is an issue to discuss with the contractor, assuming that I can find one, to ensure that the wall is stable and secure.

If you're not open to the viewpoint of other members, then why you raise the question in the OP. passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gijerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

• Like 1

If you're not open to the viewpoint of other members, then why you raise the question in the OP. passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gijerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

I am, of course, open to and will appreciate knowledgeable information/advice from anyone that has it. I am less interested in "viewpoints" or opinions as I will really need to ensure that the wall is strong, stable and secure, which hopefully the contractor can advise me after examining the existing wall, its foundation and the intended increase in height. And I really didn't understand the point of your post. It may well be the case that the foundation under the existing wall is not adequate for a 1.5 to 2 meter height addition, but that does not mean (at least I don't think it means) that the foundation cannot be strengthened in one of several ways to make it adequate. Which I why I asked what your point is -- are you suggesting that the foundation cannot be strengthened/made suitable for a 1.5 meter taller wall? I have honestly no idea what to conclude from your post. Do you -- thin skinned or what!? And if I need to rip out the old wall and replace it entirely, that may be an acceptable (albeit more costly) option. I will need to find out before any work begins.

I was really asking for the name and contact information of a good and experienced wall builder/contractor that someone has used, and has been pleased with them and their work -- the rest was an after thought, and I should not have included the rhetorical "yes?" Sorry for the confusion. facepalm.gifI'll try to be more careful in the future.

Have you asked the neighbors who did their work. HomeMart /Baan Chang has a board on the lower level with pictures of Thai contractors showing names, contact information and the type of work they do.

Thanks. They built up their walls several years ago. In fact I used the same guy to do some walks and build my fish pond, but he had a serious accident and is no longer doing heavy work. I saw a wall being built not too far from me about 2 weeks ago, and I should have stopped and gotten the names and numbers of the guys doing the work. I may drive around and see if I can find any such perimeter walls under construction -- it seems to be a pretty common home improvement project. And I will check the wall at Home Mart -- that is a good idea, but no way to judge the quality aspect. I'll still hope that someone here has had a wall built or repaired/extended recently and will supply a name and contact information. Thanks again, useful post.

Just "PM" me and I'll give you the name & number of a very reliable chap who can evaluate your current situation and then do the actual work as well. He's actually a family-member and has done many projects for us.

Just "PM" me and I'll give you the name & number of a very reliable chap who can evaluate your current situation and then do the actual work as well. He's actually a family-member and has done many projects for us.

Thanks for the reply and the offer. I just sent you a PM