Where to eat on the beach in Phuket?

makecoldplayhistory

Or just plain ol' tired when you find yourself happy others have lost their choice !

No, just happy when the law was finally enforced, rather than when it for sale...

I might be able to get on board that sentiment, but I don't see officials being questioned in their roles. I also am not convinced some places are still operating that if the law were indeed enforced evenly, would not be.

Jet skis for one.

Anyway Laypang or North Bang-Tao is, er... was my beach of choice I like lounge chairs and big umbrellas and I drive a motorcycle so dragging a lounger, a large umbrella and a cooler with ice beverages and a lunch I will need to either fix or procure before hand just isn't doable, and then sharing it all with ants if i want to find shade under a tree, while dogs pee on my towel when I go into the water, and no fresh water shower available is, simply to me and to the two dozen tourists I have queried, no fun anymore.

Oh and no more wonderful evenings watching sunset while sipping a frozen margarita. No more campfires and quiet reggae , no more of all the things I moved close to that particular each to enjoy.

If I want nothing like so many here seem to, then aren't places like the Similians a better choice? Or wouldn't it have been better to have kept Sirinart Marine park natural instead of installing a very loud disco , then that could have been the all natural beach, although it was filthy from the mobile vendors dumping trash and the Thai picnic leavings ...

Before there was a choice now there is none and it didn't need to be that way .

Edited by EBlair48

Or just plain ol' tired when you find yourself happy others have lost their choice !

No, just happy when the law was finally enforced, rather than when it for sale...

I might be able to get on board that sentiment, but I don't see officials being questioned in their roles. I also am not convinced some places are still operating that if the law were indeed enforced evenly, would not be.

Jet skis for one.

Anyway Laypang or North Bang-Tao is, er... was my beach of choice I like lounge chairs and big umbrellas and I drive a motorcycle so dragging a lounger, a large umbrella and a cooler with ice beverages and a lunch I will need to either fix or procure before hand just isn't doable, and then sharing it all with ants if i want to find shade under a tree, while dogs pee on my towel when I go into the water, and no fresh water shower available is, simply to me and to the two dozen tourists I have queried, no fun anymore.

Oh and no more wonderful evenings watching sunset while sipping a frozen margarita. No more campfires and quiet reggae , no more of all the things I moved close to that particular each to enjoy.

If I want nothing like so many here seem to, then aren't places like the Similians a better choice? Or wouldn't it have been better to have kept Sirinart Marine park natural instead of installing a very loud disco , then that could have been the all natural beach, although it was filthy from the mobile vendors dumping trash and the Thai picnic leavings ...

Before there was a choice now there is none and it didn't need to be that way .

Thanks to the greed of many it seems like it does need to be this way.

I just load my beach towels, a small ice cooler, my beverage and a bit of food, a large bottle of water in a backpack and the bike basket with a bungie cord to secure those items. My wife on the back and we can spend the afternoon anywhere. But usually my dog wants to go, so we pack the truck and enjoy the evening… There are plenty of places to get food to go. I have always seen Thai families having a picnic on the beach, just as we do. Actually, I see a lot more of them now doing just that.

• Like 1

Pullman for example is not on the beach, they occupie a legitimate ground.

To correct you, they occupy 50% of legitimate ground - the other 50% of the hotel is in the National Park...

Yep. And as I type they are continuing on with their construction. Business as usual for the illegal resorts owned by the rich. As I have said many times before, Pullman is the litmus test, when its illegal encroachments are bulldozed I will be a true believer.

Civil unrest in Phuket is now a genuine risk.

Anyone know if Leam Ka Noi is still going?

Haven't been there in yonks.

attachicon.gifrestaurant.jpg

I was recently just down that way, and the restaurant wasn't functioning. I seem to remember that it always shut in low season, so it may make a comeback in a few months?

Thanks for that.

Probably gets a bit wet on stormy days at high tide.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can't believe people want those polluting beachside restaurants. They are unhygienic and eyesores.
It's the once a year visitors that are complaining. The op is no different.

Wrong

Pullman for example is not on the beach, they occupie a legitimate ground.

To correct you, they occupy 50% of legitimate ground - the other 50% of the hotel is in the National Park...

Right. And why are they still operating using that part if indeed clearing of public land is the motive for the clearings?

There is a restaurant on private land but on beach next to the Sirinart Marine Park and Nikki Beach Club at Layan ( north Bang tao) Of course thumping bass from the club fairly much ruins the beach experience.

I went there once a couple of years back and they tried to charge me 200 baht for a lounger after I'd just had a 400 baht meal.

Then they got abusive when I simply lay in the sand so I never went back and found other places instead- now torn down that were happy to comp me the lounger with my lunch.

Now it seems I will be paying more for my preferred beach experience which includes a lounger, and will be enduring thumping bass from a disco situated at the entrance to a Nat'l Marine Park.

Edited by EBlair48

EBlair

The Army are dealing with the beach encroachment first and not the National Park encroachment or the Building regulations violation. That much sticks out like doggies I hope I never meet you in Peppers or BBs, because I do not have any spare blood pressure medication..

I'm realizing that Bang Tao beach- at least the mid to upper north part I visited never got as bad as Surin, Patong or the lower beaches, apparently. Only the resorts and restaurants had loungers out and only 1 row so it wasn't at all unpleasant. The beach is quite wide too at that point so it never seemed crowded.

Maybe that accounts for some of this divide we have over whether this was warranted or not.

• Like 1

I'm realizing that Bang Tao beach- at least the mid to upper north part I visited never got as bad as Surin, Patong or the lower beaches, apparently. Only the resorts and restaurants had loungers out and only 1 row so it wasn't at all unpleasant. The beach is quite wide too at that point so it never seemed crowded.

Maybe that accounts for some of this divide we have over whether this was warranted or not.

I think you're right.

Bang Tao certainly hasn't been improved and. Ni Yang looks like a terrible storm has hit it.