Fingerprint check

Hi!

I am going to travel to Thailand with 3 friends next month and one of my friend is worry they don´t let him in because he was in trouble with the law for 2 years ago. Somebody told him they will check the fingerprints at airports and if you don´t have clean background they don´t let you in. I know immigration talked about installing equipment for checking fingerprints at airport. Do they do that now? Can they see he has been in trouble with the law before?

Edited by santa1000

Lopburi3, your information is not correct. Use of the passport is simply to determine the details and nationality of the holder , there is no way that presenting this passport will show up any crimes committed by the holder in any country other than inside Thailand. In order to do this the thai immigration would have to be connected to every countries police database in the world, which is obviously not possible. Even for a first world country to do this is not possible. If the immigration want to make a detailed check on a person they would need to request details manually from the country of origin which would take time so is very rarely done.

And that is not what I said - only that it would revile what is available - Thailand has access to US terrorist data base AFAIK and as such passport scan will bring up any such current information - it will not bring up a history unless part of a data base they have access to but expect Interpol active wanted would also be available. Those that have seen screen have been amazed at the amount of information (other passports and such) that a simple scan reveals.