Bank Robbery Simulation organized by Pattaya Police

webfact

Bank Robbery Simulation organized by Pattaya Police

bank-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In an attempt to sharpen Police skills in relation to dealing with armed bank robberies, Pattaya Police Officers took part in a simulated case of armed robbery at a Bank in Jomtien on Friday afternoon and it was no surprise that both pretend robbers were arrested and the stolen money was recovered.

Police Colonel Supatee, the acting Superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, organized the training in association with the Tepprasit Road branch of Krungthai Bank, managed by Khun Tanagorn.

2 men, carrying guns, stole 2 Million Baht in cash, which was in fact fake bank notes, and then fled the scene.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/140885/bank-robbery-simulation-organized-by-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-08-22

• Like 1

Pattaya Police Officers took part in a simulated case of armed robbery at a Bank in Jomtien on Friday afternoon and it was no surprise that both pretend robbers were arrested and the stolen money was recovered.

Actually, that surprised the heck out of me!

Speaking from experience and observation, if the RTP ever encounters a heavily armed and determined group of bank robbers, the outcome may be tragic.

There seems to be a lack of communciation, coordination, training, equipment and skill sets. Officer safety is abysmal and I'd hate to be in the vicinity when the gunfight breaks out.

It would be comical if it weren't so sad, to see two cops riding tandem on a small scooter, trying to communicate with central dispatch using handheld radios, sans earphones and lapel mics. How one would copy the descriptions of the "bad guys"/vehicles, weapons involved, direction of travel, etc. is beyond me.