NLA to determine impeachment process

Lite Beer

I see this impeachment reform as the most important and urgent. It should not be decided by the NLA or Parliment as partisanship will skew the decision. A royal appointed impeachment tribunal consisting of neutral personalities would be better suited to preside and the verdict more acceptable to the people. If this reform is done right, we don't need protestors on the streets or a military coup to rid a corrupted Prime Minister.

To make me understand this, could you elaborate a bit, dear Eric?

Do you suggest that every time either NACC or Senate agrees on starting the impeachment process a Royally appointed Impeachment Tribunal should be setup?

If the PM is to be impeached will he/she make the Decree for H.M. the King to sign?

or are you suggesting that instead of NACC and Senate a new committee should be appointed every time someone likes to start an impeachment process?

Rubi, as you seen impeachment whether in Parliment or senate house is heavily influence by partisanship and the end result doesn't quell opposition and they go tithe streets.

Setting up a Royal Impeachment Tribunal is like a Royal Commission practiced in UK. An ad-hoc formal public process with considerable power greater than judge but restricted to the terms of reference of the commission. It can be created by the NLA and royally endorsed. This will provide legitimacy and most unlikely question the verdict.

This only for impeachment of important figures like the Prime Minister. I sincerely think if we have a better impeachment process, we don't need coup to rid corrupt PM. What you think?

I see this impeachment reform as the most important and urgent. It should not be decided by the NLA or Parliment as partisanship will skew the decision. A royal appointed impeachment tribunal consisting of neutral personalities would be better suited to preside and the verdict more acceptable to the people. If this reform is done right, we don't need protestors on the streets or a military coup to rid a corrupted Prime Minister.

To make me understand this, could you elaborate a bit, dear Eric?

Do you suggest that every time either NACC or Senate agrees on starting the impeachment process a Royally appointed Impeachment Tribunal should be setup?

If the PM is to be impeached will he/she make the Decree for H.M. the King to sign?

or are you suggesting that instead of NACC and Senate a new committee should be appointed every time someone likes to start an impeachment process?

Rubi, as you seen impeachment whether in Parliment or senate house is heavily influence by partisanship and the end result doesn't quell opposition and they go tithe streets.

Setting up a Royal Impeachment Tribunal is like a Royal Commission practiced in UK. An ad-hoc formal public process with considerable power greater than judge but restricted to the terms of reference of the commission. It can be created by the NLA and royally endorsed. This will provide legitimacy and most unlikely question the verdict.

This only for impeachment of important figures like the Prime Minister. I sincerely think if we have a better impeachment process, we don't need coup to rid corrupt PM. What you think?

I for one am still somewhat speechless with you proposing the NLA create an Impeachment Tribunal and stating that it's most unlikely a verdict would be questioned.

In the words of that great man, ex-Dept PM, ex-MoL, ex-CAPO head Pol. Captain Chalerm 'violence may come if not the right verdict is reached"

Edited by rubl