Chronic Rhinitis

TheRealMcCoy

The post-nasal drip and the sore throat are common companions... The gunk runs down the back of your throat and irritates the tissue there.

FWIW, in my most recent flareup, I had a lot of congestion feeling in my ears and a severe headache on just one side of my head that would begin shortly after when I would lay down at night. If I stayed upright, no headache symptoms. Regarding the nigh-time headache, never experienced anything like that before, and the various doctors I saw were little help.

But in the end, the combination of pseudo, the nasal sprays and some other stuff, including steaming and rinsing, finally saw it subside.

Again I must say that I could have written this myself. In the end I just put it to the doctors that they couldn't really help. One agreed and even hinted that he suffered symptoms himself.

I wish though I had listened to the first doctor I saw in Bangkok, she said she was born in Bangkok and learned that she should never be out on the street more than a few minutes, never mind walk around for an hour like I was in the habit of doing. It is really saying something when healthy pursuits become hazardous.

• Like 2

RMc - In my experience gyms are not the healthiest of places at all, it may not be an irrelevance, and if you are exercising on a treadmill or similar you are gulping in air that may not be so clean. From your symptoms, I don't think you should be exercising at all. Being sick even with an allergy is tiring enough and takes a toll on the body. You probably have an infection. Exercise can only further weaken you really. Again just my experience and I am a deal older than you, so I guess you have more strength so I could be overstating things a bit.

• Like 1

mommysboy and TallGuyJohn, I think you're absolutely correct with the above comments! I now use a saline rinse twice a day as well as Avamys. I plan to see Dr. Prayuth asap to see about a possible infection and hopefully get some pseudoepherine.

The air in Bangkok is undoubtedly horrible so escaping to the beach is something worth doing as often as possible. 10 days of fresh air would likely give me a much better idea of how the air in Bangkok is affecting me. A clean home, plenty of water and proper sleeping patterns seem to help (as you guys already suggested.) Once again to all posters, you're own experience and suggestions are invaluable and much appreciated. Kind regards, Cris

mommysboy and TallGuyJohn, I think you're absolutely correct with the above comments! I now use a saline rinse twice a day as well as Avamys. I plan to see Dr. Prayuth asap to see about a possible infection and hopefully get some pseudoepherine.

The air in Bangkok is undoubtedly horrible so escaping to the beach is something worth doing as often as possible. 10 days of fresh air would likely give me a much better idea of how the air in Bangkok is affecting me. A clean home, plenty of water and proper sleeping patterns seem to help (as you guys already suggested.) Once again to all posters, you're own experience and suggestions are invaluable and much appreciated. Kind regards, Cris

I'm sure the sinus problems will abate soon. These things take their course. Hopefully then your nasal linings will settle down a bit. It's at that point you will be able to tell what it is that causes you problems.

More rest and relaxation might be the only thing you need, it's a sort of avoidance, which is generally the only real cure.

So with a bit of luck you can then carry on with a full life as normal.

• Like 1