Thailand: Apply for your UK visa early

Thailand: Apply for your UK visa early

s300_IMG_0316-crest.jpg

UK Visas and Immigration’s (UKVI) hub in Bangkok is currently receiving a very high volume of visa applications.

We encourage anyone who requires a UK visa to apply as soon as possible - you can apply up to 3 months in advance of your travel date. UKVI aims to process non-settlement applications within 15 working days from the date you submit your biometrics at the visa application centre unless you have applied using the priority visa service.

If your visa decision is going to take longer than 15 working days UKVI will send you an email to update you. If you do need to contact UKVI, their International Enquiry Service details are at UKVI website. Staff at the Visa Application Centre and at the British Embassy cannot help you with any visa enquiries or speed up your visa application.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/thailand-apply-for-your-uk-visa-early

It will be ready when it is ready!

Not a great way to be treated.

It is about time Visa Requirements for Thais visiting UK were reciprocated.

Do you think the same percentage of Thai woman would come back to Thailand as British woman return to Britain - UK man gives more money and Thai ladies do not think too seriously about the law especially when it is a farang country.....Enough said. Anyway they have enough problems with all the illegals which even in the case of Eastern Europeans the government admits have lost contact with many of them. Studying Visas another problem. The whole world of immigrants knows the UK is out of control when it comes to Immigration.

Edited by FiestyFarang
  • Like 2

No, it's about time our Visa requirements for foreigners visiting my country were reciprocated.

Eg.

Can't work in your country ? can't work in mine

Can't buy property in your country ? Can't buy in mine

Can't receive any benefits or fee hospital............... then can't over here also

2nd class citizen in your country and indigenous come first ........... then same over here

etc..............

That is what is about time

Here here :)

• Like 1

Do you think the same percentage of Thai woman would come back to Thailand as British woman return to Britain - UK man gives more money and Thai ladies do not think too seriously about the law especially when it is a farang country.....Enough said. Anyway they have enough problems with all the illegals which even in the case of Eastern Europeans the government admits have lost contact with many of them. Studying Visas another problem. The whole world of immigrants knows the UK is out of control when it comes to Immigration.

You can bring as many arguments as you wish (with most of which I totally disagree!!), but the way Thais are treated by the British Visa office is simply a disgrace, even those who can't really be refused entry - spouses of British citizens or EU citizens.

If they are illegals then yes Rats.

But what if they have just had enough of all the increasing violence, sexual assaults,
unwillingness to treat ferrang workers as guests (Dare I say helpful!)

Or sick of more tighter rules Not to mention increasing disparity of pay/no increase...

I personally I think things are going to be better - not sure for how long...

And I am thinking of leaving

Something along the lines of rats leaving a sinking ship ?

If you think Thai's are treated badly by the visa office, be aware that British citizens with non EU spouses are being treated far worse in the UK. Spouses of British citizens are being refused visa's and ILR (indefinate leave to remain) in the current crackdown by the current UK government. Foreign spouses have to leave the UK to return to their homelands splitting up families. It's happening so best not to think that the government is looking out for you, they just want taxpayers to contribute.

• Like 2

Probably more like a bunch of unemployed English teachers heading for another country desperately in need of native speakers willing to work with uncooperative students and for deplorable wages.

naughty_teens_1383900c.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

Do you not mean going to a sinking ship?

Actually no- have you been to London recently ? The place is absolutely buzzing, new bars, restaurants, everywhere . Building and regeneration going on, the tube is actually clean and efficient, all the buses are brand new - the transport systems are great. Theatres full. It's a clean and efficient city.

The countryside can be stunning

But I am talking about central London- parts are still ghastly.

If I could afford to live in say Knightsbridge or Chelsea I would be there - it's a very expensive city.

I do not have any experience of British immigration, but a have a suspicion that attempting to take the BF to London for a holiday would be nigh on impossible- which is totally wrong.

• Like 1

<snip>

I do not have any experience of British immigration, but a have a suspicion that attempting to take the BF to London for a holiday would be nigh on impossible- which is totally wrong.

You are wrong; it is actually very simple; provided you tick all the boxes.

I can't find the figures right now, but they do show that around 95% of UK visit visa applications made in Thailand are successful.

If you are contemplating a trip; see UK visit visa basics.

Settlement, especially where the British partner has been living in Thailand and is now returning home with their Thai partner, is a different story; thanks to the ridiculous financial requirement. But that has been gone over many times in this forum so I wont do so again here.

One important point; the visa will be valid from the date it is issued or the date requested in the application; whichever is the later.

If applying in advance, then check the start date immediately the visa is received; mistakes cannot be rectified later.

Do you not mean going to a sinking ship?

Actually no- have you been to London recently ? The place is absolutely buzzing, new bars, restaurants, everywhere . Building and regeneration going on, the tube is actually clean and efficient, all the buses are brand new - the transport systems are great. Theatres full. It's a clean and efficient city.

The countryside can be stunning

But I am talking about central London- parts are still ghastly.

If I could afford to live in say Knightsbridge or Chelsea I would be there - it's a very expensive city.

I have not been to London recently, but was in Glasgow the last two weeks, and it is full of immigrants, Eastern Europeans begging in every street, lots more on the way, not to mention those of a certain faith who will probably be taking over in our childrens lifetime.

• Like 2

Let's try and put this into perspective. It is not "nigh on impossible" to get a visit visa nor is it "very simple" as we have seen in recent topics from people who have genuine reasons for requesting and been denied.

The biggest problem these days is the applicant demonstrating a good reason to return. That is a subjective decision made by the ECO. In a recent case a Brit married to a Thai for 15 years and living in Thailand. He wanted to come to the UK to attend a wedding. Visa for his wife was denied basically for not demonstrating a good enough reason to return. There is no appeal now so he missed the wedding and didn't go.

• Like 2

Have just returned from submitting an application for TGF's Tourist Visa today. Printed form given with receipt states 15 working days, however TGF was told 30 "days" by the Thai staff member who handled her paperwork.

Shocking. I will shortly apply for a visitor visa for my Lao GF (in Bangkok) and will have to pay for the "Premium Service" as she can't be without her passport for long. I wonder how long the "Premium Service" is?

Have just returned from submitting an application for TGF's Tourist Visa today. Printed form given with receipt states 15 working days, however TGF was told 30 "days" by the Thai staff member who handled her paperwork.

My wife applied/submitted on 31 july...last friday 22nd she received email saying she could return in 2 working days to collect her paperwork...note it doesn't say if successful or unsuccessful, you find out when you go back. Note that there was no email after 15 days as per the announcement.

Let's try and put this into perspective. It is not "nigh on impossible" to get a visit visa nor is it "very simple" as we have seen in recent topics from people who have genuine reasons for requesting and been denied.

The biggest problem these days is the applicant demonstrating a good reason to return. That is a subjective decision made by the ECO. In a recent case a Brit married to a Thai for 15 years and living in Thailand. He wanted to come to the UK to attend a wedding. Visa for his wife was denied basically for not demonstrating a good enough reason to return. There is no appeal now so he missed the wedding and didn't go.

You are spot on. They are looking for applicant to demonstrate (1) they have sufficient funds for the time in the UK AND (2) that they will be returning to Thailand.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

Shocking. I will shortly apply for a visitor visa for my Lao GF (in Bangkok) and will have to pay for the "Premium Service" as she can't be without her passport for long. I wonder how long the "Premium Service" is?

Has your girlfriend visited the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or a country in the Schengen Area in the last 5 years?

If not, she is not eligible for the priority service; unless she fits one of the other categories.

She is, though, eligible for the passport back service.

If she lives in Laos, she can apply in Laos.

• Like 1

Has your girlfriend visited the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or a country in the Schengen Area in the last 5 years?

If not, she is not eligible for the priority service; unless she fits one of the other categories.

She is, though, eligible for the passport back service.

If she lives in Laos, she can apply in Laos.

She lives in Thailand (on 30-day stamps). Her home in Laos is in Pakse which is a long way from Vientiene. She has never travelled anywhere, except Thailand.

The advice I received from the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service was that I should apply for a priority service as they understand that Lao citizens in Thailand need ID and need to do 30-day border runs. I don't hold a lot of faith in their advice however!

Thanks for the link for the 'passport back service'? I never knew about that!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

No, it's about time our Visa requirements for foreigners visiting my country were reciprocated.

Eg.

Can't work in your country ? can't work in mine

Can't buy property in your country ? Can't buy in mine

Can't receive any benefits or fee hospital............... then can't over here also

2nd class citizen in your country and indigenous come first ........... then same over here

etc..............

That is what is about time

No problems there.

Then can we give them Visa Waiver entry for 30 days like they do to us.

It really shouldn't be as difficult as it is to get my partner of 10 years into the country of my birth for a social visit.

• Like 2

Possum1931

I really dont understand people who think like you. Are you not aware that Thailand is also full of immigrants , has it not occured to you that you are yourself an immigrant. Explain to me , if as you say Britain is such a basket case , why so many people want to live there ?

I applied for 6 months visa for my Thai GF and step daughter in February this year and was granted with no problems. I simply said that we were going for a holiday to see the sights. I did however make absolutely sure that I supplied all the evidence as to my financial situation, pictures showing our ongoing relationship, proof that we had a home to return to in Thailand and a letter from my friend inviting us to stay with him. The key is to supply everything that they ask for and more if possible so that they know you can look after yourselves and that you are coming back to Thailand. It's a real hassle but should all work out. Going back to the original message I am now planning to return to UK with partner and child permanently and I gather that these visas can take up to 12 weeks but thy say can only apply up to 3 months before the date of travel and that you should not book flights until visa granted. Does it really matter what date you put on the application for travel? In other words could you put a date within 3 months of the application but then travel a month or 2 later? I know this would eat into the length of the visa but can't have everything I suppose. Any advice appreciated.

My wife applied/submitted on 31 july...last friday 22nd she received email saying she could return in 2 working days to collect her paperwork...note it doesn't say if successful or unsuccessful, you find out when you go back. Note that there was no email after 15 days as per the announcement.

The wife just picked up her visa. It's dated/commenced 19th Aug or 3 days before the email saying you can pick it up in 2 working days = almost a week the visa is valid before you can get your hands on it...brilliant!