is anyone done 300zx 2jz conversion ,kindly advise

kumaran

hi .

need advise on 300zx engine swap .at the moment my ride without a heart.

so i was thinking of putting in a 2jz but it seems not many can do it for 300zx.

kindly advise or is it better for me to go for its stock vg30dett

if vg30det is there any decent engine available for sale.

Thank you.

regards,

kumaran

Excuse me for mentioning it but 2JZ is a straight 6 and your 300ZX is designed for a V6. Do you know something I and 300 million car enthusiasts don't know?

attachicon.gifCropperCapture35.jpgattachicon.gifCropperCapture36.jpg

Maybe he does know something that you don't know, the other 299,999,999 may know it also. What does the configuration of the engine matter? JZs can replace many original engines, V6s, i4s, rotarys, V8s, diesels.

Thanks bsj,spoonman and zeegator ,yes bsj 300zx is v and 2jz is inline 6 but it has been done maybe not many but it's not impossible .im sure u would hav seen 300zx with a rb26 that's kind a common swap .rb26 is a inline 6 as well.

Excuse me for mentioning it but 2JZ is a straight 6 and your 300ZX is designed for a V6. Do you know something I and 300 million car enthusiasts don't know?

Maybe he does know something that you don't know, the other 299,999,999 may know it also. What does the configuration of the engine matter? JZs can replace many original engines, V6s, i4s, rotarys, V8s, diesels.

The height of the bonnet.

The height of the bonnet.

VG30DETT Height = 695mm

2JZ Height = 685mm

There is no issue with bonnet clearance.

The 2JZ is 70mm longer though, this may cause fan to radiator issues.

Edited by Spoonman

I also know of a 1GZ into the 300zx currently in the build.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_GZ_engine

Holy Sh1t! Those 300zx engine bays are squeezy with the V6 in em. You would have to stretch the chassis to get a 1GZ in!

VG30DETT dimensions;

Width - 775mm

Height - 695mm

Length - 710mm

1GZFE Dimensions;

Width - 600mm

Height - 700mm

Length - 750mm

The 1GZ has never really been a popular engine for conversions due to the conrods being like tooth picks, now that Pauter is making decent H-Beam forged rods for them they are becoming popular, reasonably compact but likes some boost... nice easy lazy horsepower.

Edited by Spoonman

I also know of a 1GZ into the 300zx currently in the build.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_GZ_engine

Holy Sh1t! Those 300zx engine bays are squeezy with the V6 in em. You would have to stretch the chassis to get a 1GZ in!

VG30DETT dimensions;

Width - 775mm

Height - 695mm

Length - 710mm

1GZFE Dimensions;

Width - 600mm

Height - 700mm

Length - 750mm

The 1GZ has never really been a popular engine for conversions due to the conrods being like tooth picks, now that Pauter is making decent H-Beam forged rods for them they are becoming popular, reasonably compact but likes some boost... nice easy lazy horsepower.

It surprised me when you posted that! Only 50mm longer....wow! Any problems mounting the accessories to the engine in the 300ZX?

I don't know about the engine accessories as the vehicle is very much still in the build.

Iam sure it will have all the mod cons functioning though (power steer/Air-conditioning etc etc), it will have a GTX4508R turbo hanging off it when finished.

I'll ask for some pics.

if you do a swap stick with a 1jz-gte (VVTI).....as clearance issues will be minimal compared to RB26, 2jz (hitting the steering column and even rack)

with the 1jz you still have to cut into the firewall and do tunnel modifications to fit the gearbox.

Forget the GTE non VVTI as it is probably older than you and will cost a hell of alot when you have to replace injectors, seals etc etc etc.

If you are looking for NA (which would a sweeeeeet modification go with a 1uz or even 3uz) dont really modify it just do simply exhaust, intake and you are set.

it all depends on your goals (keeping it mostly std stay with the 1jz-gte vvti, 1uz-fe (is much stronger than the vvti version 1uz) or even 3uz vvti).

if you want to make alot of power 1jz-gte vvti (even though most prefer non VVTI) due to wiring complications and TC systems linked to the throttle body.