Thai court dismisses murder charges against former PM Abhisit

webfact

Oh come on, Fabby.

The court didn't recognise anything except that this possible case was not theirs to look into.

From the OP:

"A criminal court in the capital ruled that it did not have jurisdiction to hear the case because Abhisit and his then-deputy Suthep Thaugsuban were holders of public office at the time and acting under an emergency decree.

It said the only court with the authority to consider the allegations was the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions."

ADD: Although the court ruled not to have jurisdiction in this case, Abhisit/Suthep have been charged, have acknowledged charges and a ruling is made. Seems "double jeopardy" can come into play. IMHO.

One day it may occur to you that there are more sources of reference than just the OP of a thread.

The article of the HRW you provided a link to doesn't help much. Any link to a reliable translation of the ruling? The normal many pages read to justify and explain rulings?

BTW if a court rules not to have the jurisdiction to judge a case they will refrain from commenting on the content of the case. Any lawyer will immediately use comments as suggested by you as prejudice which could get a case immediately dismissed (again). Now don't start telling me the court did this on purpose as they are biased and show double standards as dear Eric wrote.

Edited by rubl

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions must be raised on why Ahbisit meekly allowed the military to made all the decision when he cowered inside the military safe house. Even the decision to use elements of the Burapha Payak military group 2nd division was provocative. Known for their strong anti UDD stance and given a blank check by the weak Ahbisit, they were shooting on sight resulting in so many deaths. If only he practiced Yingluck tolerance even under extremely dire situation, many lives would have been saved.

Does completely ignoring the political violence being carried out by her supporters equate to tolerance?

Isn't it strange that the violence has now stopped after the coup, carried out by the supposedly bloodthirsty military?

Just people getting dragged off the street for things like throwing the Hunger Games salute.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Questions must be raised on why Ahbisit meekly allowed the military to made all the decision when he cowered inside the military safe house. Even the decision to use elements of the Burapha Payak military group 2nd division was provocative. Known for their strong anti UDD stance and given a blank check by the weak Ahbisit, they were shooting on sight resulting in so many deaths. If only he practiced Yingluck tolerance even under extremely dire situation, many lives would have been saved.

Does completely ignoring the political violence being carried out by her supporters equate to tolerance?

Isn't it strange that the violence has now stopped after the coup, carried out by the supposedly bloodthirsty military?

Just people getting dragged off the street for things like throwing the Hunger Games salute.

your point is correct, just that the other poster may not see that as "violent"

But as for his statement, Isn't it strange that the violence has now stopped after the coup, carried out by the supposedly bloodthirsty military?

Why would that be strange since it was - according to Suthep's Line texting to Prayuth story - the plan all along?

I can only presume an answer to my post #233 is beyond, or beneath you. Still, at least this reply of yours allows you to spout the usual.

Oh, by the way the "premeditated murder" case has not been thrown out, as in dismissed. The court recognised that abhisit and sutheps actions directly led to deaths and that the dispersal operations did not follow international standards. In addition the prosecutors can appeal the decision not to hear the case, not to mention that as there is evidence of abhisits and sutheps actions having led to deaths the NACC should be duty bound to raise the case in the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders - but I won't hold my breath, especially in the current "political" climate.

If a court has admitted it has no jurisdiction, how can it then make comment on matters outside its jurisdiction, without relevant evidence being heard?

As I have explained in another thread to whybother, if you bothered to read the link I provided you'd find out.

Is it at all possible to post a comment, just one will do, that is not both nasty and condescending ? It really does get a bit tiresome after a while.

And considering your history of being banned for trolling (phipidon) you have more front than a rat with a gold tooth. biggrin.png

• Like 1

But as for his statement, Isn't it strange that the violence has now stopped after the coup, carried out by the supposedly bloodthirsty military?

Why would that be strange since it was - according to Suthep's Line texting to Prayuth story - the plan all along?

The plan all along was for Red Shirts to murder protesters and innocent bystanders so that the military would stage a coup to remove the Red Shirts darlings from power? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I can only presume an answer to my post #233 is beyond, or beneath you. Still, at least this reply of yours allows you to spout the usual.

Oh, by the way the "premeditated murder" case has not been thrown out, as in dismissed. The court recognised that abhisit and sutheps actions directly led to deaths and that the dispersal operations did not follow international standards. In addition the prosecutors can appeal the decision not to hear the case, not to mention that as there is evidence of abhisits and sutheps actions having led to deaths the NACC should be duty bound to raise the case in the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders - but I won't hold my breath, especially in the current "political" climate.

If a court has admitted it has no jurisdiction, how can it then make comment on matters outside its jurisdiction, without relevant evidence being heard?

As I have explained in another thread to whybother, if you bothered to read the link I provided you'd find out.

I read the link, but was unable to find any reference to how a court makes decisions outside its jurisdiction. It might well indicate that there MAY be a case to answer, but expressing any further comment would be unwarranted.

My apologies, I didn't realise it was necessary to read all available threads before replying to your posts.

• Like 2

I read the link, but was unable to find any reference to how a court makes decisions outside its jurisdiction. It might well indicate that there MAY be a case to answer, but expressing any further comment would be unwarranted.

My apologies, I didn't realise it was necessary to read all available threads before replying to your posts.

I am sure your apology will be warmly accepted and you will know better next time ! whistling.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The plan all along was for Red Shirts to murder protesters and innocent bystanders so that the military would stage a coup to remove the Red Shirts darlings from power? rolleyes.gif

@ AleG, I would like say that the post before yours made sense, but it does not. Especially the last bit about Suthep and Prayuth ??????