Champions League Draw 2014/15

BangrakBob

i don't know what that even means chicog.

it's clearly the best-funded, best-marketed, most-watched and most-hyped. in terms of actual quality? where the world's best players play? nah, not even close.

I think you're just a bit jaded because you've never won it.

wink.png

But it's more competitive than the other leagues, and that's what makes it popular.

Who wants to watch Barca, Bayern or Juve winning pretty well every week apart from their own fans?

united and arsenal dominated the premier league for ages. then chelsea and latterly city get sugar daddies and they take over as the dominant two. don't consider that pretty competitive to be honest mate.

and it has nothing to do with liverpool not having won it, honestly. just trying to be objective.

i think what makes the english league so popular is a combination of pace of the game, that whole 'home of the game' thing and some truly great marketing. the overall standard of the play isn't really particularly brilliant. and again, all the real world stars are found in spain and germany at the moment.

Yep, you're not good enough to win it so you knock it.

Nice one.

biggrin.png

On a serious note, we do ourselves no favours having a a 20-team league, two cups and no winter break.

I really think it's time the League Cup went from the Championship downwards.

Do any of the other top leagues have a League and FA cup?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's clearly the best-funded, best-marketed, most-watched and most-hyped. in terms of actual quality? where the world's best players play? nah, not even close.

wink.png

But it's more competitive than the other leagues, and that's what makes it popular.

Who wants to watch Barca, Bayern or Juve winning pretty well every week apart from their own fans?

Totally agree Chicog.

Being the best league isn't about having an individual best team in Europe, the World, the stratosphere, it's about the sum of the whole.

and spain and germany have all the world's best players.

don't understand this need to make out the english league is the 'best' in the world. it's bizarrely needy. the best players play in spain and germany. the best players in the english league keep leaving. so why persist with this marketing crap?

wink.png

Totally agree Chicog.

Being the best league isn't about having an individual best team in Europe, the World, the stratosphere, it's about the sum of the whole.

and spain and germany have all the world's best players.

Correction. Barca, Real and Bayern have the best players. The rest of the teams in those leagues don't have anyone of much note. I don't think anybody is denying that Barca, Real and Bayern are the best teams in Europe, if not the world but doesn't mean their leagues as a whole are better.

Put it another way. If Celtic were to buy all of Barca's players would that make the Scottish Prem the best league in the world?

Draw for 1/4 Final:

PSG V Barcelona

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid

Porto v Bayern Munich

Juventus v Monaco.

well its the mad rid derby,lets hope atm.are warned to play football and not the thuggery we have seen from them in the past only this week again i saw the bad side of them. a atm player goes in to challenge for a high ball,2eyes on the player and elbow raised at shoulder level,yes he connected and the player was out cold.but the coward then rolled in agony trying to trick the ref that it was him who was assualted.but the ref had, had a good game and straight away knew what he was going to do RED CARD.

so who knows what kind of team will turn up the one trained by dr.jeckyl or the turther one by mr.hyde.

• 4 weeks later...

Semi Final draw.;

Barcelona V Bayern Munich

Juventus v Real Madrid.

Bayern Munich/ Real Madrid final?

Tough test for Barca. As good as they've looked at times Bayern on their day appear unstoppable. Robben and Ribery back by then ?

Would love to see Juve topple RM but unlikely I suppose. I can't remember if Pogba will be back by then or not.

Semi Final draw.;

Juventus v Real Madrid.

Tough test for Barca. As good as they've looked at times Bayern on their day appear unstoppable. Robben and Ribery back by then ?

Would love to see Juve topple RM but unlikely I suppose. I can't remember if Pogba will be back by then or not.

What a shame I didn't put money on that, I told my colleagues yesterday what the draw would be.

<Yawn>

Looks like 2 cracking match ups. The big question for me is "How good are Juve?" We'll find out now. I'm tipping Barcelona to win it.That front 3, more than 90 goals between them this season. Wow!!

Their defense continues to be very iffy. Alves and Pique can be very dodgy. Alba stupidly got himself sent off tonight against Espanol. Kicked the ball away when he didn't get a free kick and then got bolshie with the ref. Fortunately Barca were 2-0 up at that stage and held on fairly comfortably.

Looks like 2 cracking match ups. The big question for me is "How good are Juve?" We'll find out now. I'm tipping Barcelona to win it.That front 3, more than 90 goals between them this season. Wow!!

i love watching both teams this yr.juve.just gets the vote.

just look at some of their players, TEVEZ,POGBA,VIDAL,CHELLINI,PELLO,BUFFOON.

if real did beat them and go on the lift the cup,there is one player who has been outstanding this yr.no not him but MARCELLO.PLAYER OF THE YR.

FINAL JUVE. VS BAYERN.

• 3 weeks later...

Semi Final draw.;

Juventus v Real Madrid.

How about that for an "inspired" guess.whistling.gif

Do you have the Thai lottery winning numbers by any chance.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Predictably brilliant. In fact I did predict 3-1 on another thread.

No Mr Bo - that's the first time I ever predicted a score correctly, so I won't be rushing to join the Predictions 2016 thread whistling.gif

No Mr Bo - that's the first time I ever predicted a score correctly, so I won't be rushing to join the Predictions 2016 thread whistling.gif

I successfully predicted the Barca win with a 300 quid bet, although Juve did have me rattled at one point.

I think I'll let it rid on Djoko today.

I successfully predicted the Barca win with a 300 quid bet, although Juve did have me rattled at one point.

gigglem.gif Wawrinka in the zone today Chiccy.

gigglem.gif Wawrinka in the zone today Chiccy.

Just as well I thought the bet was no value, so went for a higher priced exact set score bet with a much reduced stake. *** So I'm still in front!

Wish I'd stuck it on Stan though, what a man!

biggrin.png

*** But not in Thailand though, obviously, for that would be illegal.

Archived