Investment Visa

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the procedure for obtaining an investment visa (or as I understand it a one-year extension of a non-immigrant visa)? I am currently on a Non Immigrant B visa and have bought 2 condos for a total of about 11 million Baht. How do I apply for this visa and what documents do I need? Can I do it from in Thailand or does it need to be done at an embassy out of Thailand? If an embassy, can I do it in a neighboring country or does it need to be by home country (Canada.)?

Thanks in advance for any input.

You do that in Thailand at any immigration office. Bring titles and all relevant documentation including bank transfers that shows the money coming from abroad. Condos are supposed to be new. Applicable clause is 2.5 of the Immigration order for extensions.

• 2 months later...

Do you or anyone know the immigration form to fill out for this - is it TM7 extension of stay?

Thanks

Yes, it is. Be advised that it is one of extension types that immigration is least willing to grant, so be prepared to provide very substantial proof of qualification.