Thai teen killed after fight over karaoke song

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way some people sing at karaoke, sometimes I wish I had a gun...

Usually around 11.30 at night when I'm trying to get to sleep.

Move home ?? or take your gun to the local karaoke licensing department. not a good singer+alcohol makes the voice more bad. Ear plugs ?? stay awake and sing your own songs thumbsup.gif

Karaoke bars,

Often full of hookers and gangsters, you gotta watch out when you go there.

And I would think Mosquitoes?

One very simple answer. I wouldn't think of going in one of those places.

jb1

Maybe you only know of some dumps, because there are some fantastic karaoke places. Hilton Hotel Colombo, Sri Lanka. Montien Pattaya, ???

Also some small bars here and there. I had a Karaoke, some years ago, it was not of the kind you dislike.-----but where there is alcohol your bound to get problems. Local town pubs in UK.

Move home ?? or take your gun to the local karaoke licensing department. not a good singer+alcohol makes the voice more bad. Ear plugs ?? stay awake and sing your own songs thumbsup.gif

Have to be up at 5.00 a.m. for work so can't really stay awake.

I'd just be happy if they'd turn the volume down. I live in my condo on the 9th floor and I can still hear it. It's not as if it's by my building either, but I can still hear the crap they play.

Ridiculous volume.

• Like 1

Have to be up at 5.00 a.m. for work so can't really stay awake.

I'd just be happy if they'd turn the volume down. I live in my condo on the 9th floor and I can still hear it. It's not as if it's by my building either, but I can still hear the crap they play.

Ridiculous volume.

Here lay the problems, regulations, the imposing of, pay the bib and there is NO noise ?? We have one 100 meters away from my bungalow, midnight---blast away. My neighbor has a spaniel dog that barks non stop for near 24 hours because it gets no attention and is in a confined place---I then put on some rock and roll (Little Richard) for example and she complains about it.

ear plugs from Boots are your remedy mate.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

These are the values and morals taught. Is this what Thainess is? Life is worth less than getting to sing a song first.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Frankly, I think it has little to do with Thainess. I think this is a world wide phenomena. I do not think Thailand has a particularly high murder rate. In a recent UNODC study, they show Thailand as having a murder rate of 5.0, per 100,000 people, per year. Burma in comparison, is 15.2. Honduras is the highest at 90.4, and Venezuela is 79.0. El Salvador is 41.2, and Rwanda is 23.1. Even the US Virgin Islands is an astounding 35.5. Greenland has a rate four times higher per capita than Thailand at 19.4. That said, Thailand is right up there with the US, which is 4.7. So, there is alot of murder here. And I think alot of it is being committed by young Thais, who I do worry about. But, not something that we need to concern ourselves with, as it does not affect us too much. I just think the younger generation puts a lower value on life. They are not being raised them same as the generation prior. The quality of parenting worldwide seems to be slipping.

Perhaps many of the 'men' here being raised as delicate little princesses that cannot do any wrong or told off, doesn't do much for their adult ability to deal with being told 'No'.

Being told no seems to make many of them explode in extreme amounts of anger.

Just look at tomorrow's papers... and the next day's.... and the the next day's....saai.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Statue of limitations 10yrs for Murder in Thailand. even though they know he did it, if he moves away and stays under the radar for 10yrs they cant try him for the murder.

Try statute of limitations. Sorry I'm from the spelling and grammar squad LOL :)

Forget the dinner vest, bring your bullet-proof vest and metal detector to dinner, clubs, 7-11's, bars, taxi rides, your own locks on the night trains to Bangkok.Reinforced car door panels ( I beeped a rude Thai blocking 2 lanes as he went into 7-11 and he kicked in my door and fender and I couldn't exit my vehicle to kick his ass because several others push my doors closed before the police came and waved me on and did nothiing to the Thai).

The people here in a general population area are more dangerous then my country of America.

Depends where you live in America.

Karaoke bars,

Often full of hookers and gangsters, you gotta watch out when you go there.

And I would think Mosquitoes?

One very simple answer. I wouldn't think of going in one of those places.

jb1

Maybe you only know of some dumps, because there are some fantastic karaoke places. Hilton Hotel Colombo, Sri Lanka. Montien Pattaya, ???

Also some small bars here and there. I had a Karaoke, some years ago, it was not of the kind you dislike.-----but where there is alcohol your bound to get problems. Local town pubs in UK.

The lo-so places can be a lot of fun.

The food and drink is cheap, and so are the girls.

But you gotta mix in, and not be confrontational to the other guys.

Smile, buy drinks for the guys, and they are happy to share.

The worst that has happened to me is a drink buying competition.

I handle his girl, he gets angry, I pour him a drink, he pours me a drink, 5 or 6 drinks later the girl is forgotten along with everything else.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

These are the values and morals taught. Is this what Thainess is? Life is worth less than getting to sing a song first.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Frankly, I think it has little to do with Thainess. I think this is a world wide phenomena. I do not think Thailand has a particularly high murder rate. In a recent UNODC study, they show Thailand as having a murder rate of 5.0, per 100,000 people, per year. Burma in comparison, is 15.2. Honduras is the highest at 90.4, and Venezuela is 79.0. El Salvador is 41.2, and Rwanda is 23.1. Even the US Virgin Islands is an astounding 35.5. Greenland has a rate four times higher per capita than Thailand at 19.4. That said, Thailand is right up there with the US, which is 4.7. So, there is alot of murder here. And I think alot of it is being committed by young Thais, who I do worry about. But, not something that we need to concern ourselves with, as it does not affect us too much. I just think the younger generation puts a lower value on life. They are not being raised them same as the generation prior. The quality of parenting worldwide seems to be slipping.

I guess I know all the victims in my area where about 200,000 people live.

Just in my wife's aunt's village I know of at least 5 murders from the past 2-3 years.

Wake up, I wouldn't give a monkey's what the statistics say about Thailand.

The problem here is not the dispute, it's a KTV and there are girls and booze, so Thai (Asian) men get easily "confused". The problem is that he resorted to his gun.

What are the rules for gun ownership here anyway? I think if the authorities imposed a minimum requirement of IQ of 80 and D..k size of 4 inches (since inferiority complex leads to overcompensation), then 80% of potential Thai gun owners would not qualify and therefore we wouldn't have many of these senseless killings.

I think you are exaggerating Thai d..k size somewhat, a Thai man with 4" 's?, I would put the percentage at nearer 95% who don't qualify.... wink.png

The last time I went into a karaoke on suk soi 23 it started to rain, a Thai man at another table who had liked my song choices gave me 50 baht for a taxi, I gave it him back. Thai males can be generous, kind and considerate. Unfortunately they are just as likely to be the opposite if rubbed up the wrong way.

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1

Beware,smiling killers all around you !

Dont be fooled by a smile ,could be a predator .

Stay away from predator -places: mass events ,karaoke's,big cheap restaurants,beaches with more than 1 parasol,......thais in a car (don't speak to them,never horn.......)

TIT means : wild west

• Like 1

Low IQ + drugs (alcohol, Yaba, ice, meth) + girls
+ Conflict resolution unability + stupid save face concept =

"Give me the Microphone"
"No"
Boom
RIP

Btw i do not understand this save face concept.
How can the face of a murder ever looking good?

My conversation would go more like this:

Other group, "we requested this song first!"

Me, "that's funny cos I didn't request any <deleted> song!"

Other group, "mind if we sing it then?"

Me, "please go ahead, I would rather trap my nuts in a revolving door than do Karaoke!"

Guess i'm just not Asian enough, Karaoke to me spells public humiliation and why people would wanna pay for it is way beyond me............

It's odd isn't it. They say Thais don't like losing face (actually I don't know anyone who does) but they love karaoke which looks to have the same result.

I would rather trap my nuts in a revolving door than do Karaoke!"

That's about the same sound in many cases.

• Like 1

Stay away from predator -places: mass events ,karaoke's,big cheap restaurants,beaches with more than 1 parasol,......thais in a car (don't speak to them,never horn.......)

Always remember the saying: Never trust the mental health of a person that forces themselves to smile through every emotion and event, and kowtows to people that mistreat them everyday.

Always remember the saying: Never trust the mental health of a person that forces themselves to smile through every emotion and event, and kowtows to people that mistreat them everyday.

And there are a lot of these "persons" ,so you better smile back and keep your thoughts inside (unless you thrust them )