Court sentences former Democrat MP one year in prison

webfact

Court sentences former Democrat MP one year in prison

74106_424332720978736_948416533_n-wpcf_7

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court on Friday sentenced former Kanchanaburi MP of the Democrat party one year in prison after finding him guilty of illegal occupation of more than 1,000 rai of state land in Dan Makamtia and Suan Pueng districts of Ratchaburi province for personal interest.

The former MP, Pracha Popipit or widely known as Kamnan Sia, 71, was prosecuted by the state attorney in the Criminal Court after he was accused of illegal trespassing, burning forest areas, constructing buildings in more than 1,000 rai of state property in Dan Makamtia and Suan Pueng districts of Ratchaburi province since 1990 to 2004.

Evidence produced by the state attorney to the court was substantial enough to prove he was guilty.

The court then sentenced him to serve one year in prison with no extension of jail term.

Pipit’s lawyer is applying for his release on a 100,000 baht cash as bail.

The former was earlier sentenced by the Criminal Court to five years in prison after finding him and other conspirators of price collusion in a government project.

However he appealed to the Appeals Court which later overruled the first court’s ruling and set him free.

(Photo : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.424332377645437.100745.158281617583849&type=3)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/court-sentences-former-democrat-mp-one-year-prison/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-29

NO democrat will ever do jail time ! They are as corrupt as the Shins, but no body cares.

Suthep also occupied governments land and buildings illegal, lets see if needs to spend his time in jail, i doubt !

No chance mate. The cunning bugger is'nt a Temple to play bingo !

• Like 2

Pipit’s lawyer is applying for his release on a 100,000 baht cash as bail.

The former was earlier sentenced by the Criminal Court to five years in prison after finding him and other conspirators of price collusion in a government project.

However he appealed to the Appeals Court which later overruled the first court’s ruling and set him free.

In normal English this would mean that the lawyer was earlier sentenced to 5 years and got off on appeal, however I suspect that the "journalist" is referring to Pipit.

NO democrat will ever do jail time ! They are as corrupt as the Shins, but no body cares.

Suthep also occupied governments land and buildings illegal, lets see if needs to spend his time in jail, i doubt !

There maybe some corrupt Dems as well as other parties but to make the remark like Quote." they are as corrupt as the Shins" is ridiculous, are you talking about 1 member or all??

ALL !

There maybe some corrupt Dems as well as other parties but to make the remark like Quote." they are as corrupt as the Shins" is ridiculous, are you talking about 1 member or all??

ALL !

NOT all, you mentioned the Shins -suppose if you compare Families--they are the worst.

• Like 2

Sentenced by the Criminal Court to five years in prison after finding conspirators of price collusion in a government project.

1 year for illegal occupation of more than 1,000 rai of state land, … illegal trespassing, burning forest areas, constructing buildings.

Evidence produced by the state attorney to the court was substantial enough to prove he was guilty.

So six years together.

Guess this fine member of parliament was not even one day in jail so far.

• Like 2

I see you are a hater (in this case a democrat hater - probably a shin lover)

Any proof for your claims?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No chance mate. The cunning bugger is'nt a Temple to play bingo !

Strange , I could have sworn that Suthep was calling the numbers last Sunday nightcheesy.gif

ipit’s lawyer is applying for his release on a 100,000 baht cash as bail.

100.000 baht bail is ridiculous compared with the hundreds of millions he gained by his illegal conduct

If the law were applied evenhanded prisons would be empty because the bail for 99 % of the criminals would be not higher than 1 baht

Edited by sweatalot

One million bond ? Probably cash he made from the theft in the first place. Anyhow, did he loose any assets which resulted from the theft.[/quote

One hundred thousand .... you certainly are an old sailor and must have been bent over the barrel one time too many... to turn that amount into one million... within 5 or 6 posts... but Red Apologists do tend to exagerate quite a lot ..

• Like 2

This guy is loaded so no worries he goes free or lets call it bail same same as Sondhi last week.

Money talks and bullshit walks. Hmmh - Is the Ferrari guy still in Singapore? I wonder why the MFA doesn't cancel his passport. Those guy broke every possible law but he is Mr. Bull and red too but the generals don't want to hunt him down.

And how many of the corrupt Shins are doing time in jail at the moment?

Where is Suthep occupying governments land building illegal? Never heard of it.

Death Sentences For Former Democrat Mp And Local Politician From Loei

But, but, but the courts are owned by the Army, and the Dems are their love child. Oh wait its on the Junta / Dems loving Nation web site so the article is obviously propaganda. No got it...it's all a plot by the invisible hand in cohorts with Suthep.