Broken dreams: Parents file complaint against Thai modeling agent

webfact

The girl on the advertising looks like a young Asian version of Monica Lewinsky. She's quite unattractive to my eyes.

Photoshop the big hairdo and a stain on the dress and see how you go.

Not to the point where I would have a cigar with anyone among them, I'm afraid (despite being a Pink Floyd fan). wink.pngtongue.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyGeKjBaiEI

I hate when parents pimp their kids out at events like these. Sick.

Some of the documentaries on childrens' ' circuits ' are disgusting as self-serving parents push young children to intolerable limits.whilst denying it's for anything other than the youngsters who of course ' just love it ".

As a variation on a theme a recent television report on sport in China indicated many parents are against their children becoming involved in sport as it's a distraction from their studies. It may be a generalistion but from what i saw of Hong Kong Chinese culture study leads to a good qualification and a good job with a decent salary so the children can take care of their parents when they grow old.

C.B. Shaw did say that youth was wasted on the young but he did indicate it was in fact a derogatory comment on the youth themselves.

Sport, physical and social activity is very important to children. Some societies, many Asian ones have become fixated on education, for example South Korea where children do little else but study. How do you think they will develop the social skills for late life or ever enjoy sports and recreation?

In the UK pushy parents can be found at children's football, martial arts, dancing, gymnastics and junior moto-cross events. Some of these are really over the top and spoil any enjoyment for their poor children.

Children will find things they enjoy, whether its chess, tae kwon do, cycling, swimming, football or whatever and need to be encouraged to find a balance with their studies. Some children are more academic, more sporty, more artistic than others and repeatedly pushing beyond their limits for sustained periods doesn't help them. Finding the right balance will help the child develop to their full potential and more importantly be happy.

• Like 1

When people pay you to model your child then you know they are model material.

When you have to pay people to model your child you should obviously know they aren't.

Couldnt agree with you any more!!!!

im sure Cindy crawford didnt have to pay a dime to get her photo taken

I'm sure she did, She wouldn't have got any work without a good portfolio and the right connections and she wouldn't get a good portfolio without training and a professional photographer.

Same with professional sports, entertainment, fashion - all industries that require investment in time and money to fully develop talent.

It ain't Hollywood - kids aren't discovered flipping burgers one day and being big stars the next.

How do you think children's model agencies work, and the children get work? You think it's all free and children don't need to be taught?