New Isuzu dmax vcross pickup.... should I put a bull bar on the front?

davidst01

Whats your opinion on bull bars being installed on the front of a pickup? Do you think it makes the pickup look better or is it an ugly addition? Presumably it will be safer in a head on crash...

The dealer suggested he could install one for free as part of the deal and thus Im trying to decide on it.

I remember reading a month or so ago from another esteemed member where he suggested that it might invalidate the warranty. Is this bullocks or true?

Let me know your opinion on this subject- if you have the time and inclination.

many thanks

The nudge bars on the Thai market are just decorative - even a very low speed parking mishap will push them into the car, causing more damage than just the scrape itself might have done.

May I add, those roll bars are useless too....bah.gif

you mean those cosmetic looking ones from the manufacturer of the steel ones from 4x4 shops?

There are no Kangaroos in Thailand ... no need for the BullBars.

Interesting response... what do you call a bar that protect against impacts with bulls? A kangaroo bar?

tongue.png

personally i would consider one for my truck just to keep the riff raff motorbikes off the paint.

• Like 1

Fitted one once. Hit a dog and did minor damage to the bull bar. Took it off and never looked back. IMO looks better with it off and steering felt lighter. Always suspected that air-bags might not deploy with a bull bar fitted.

The nudge bars on the Thai market are just decorative - even a very low speed parking mishap will push them into the car, causing more damage than just the scrape itself might have done.

you mean those cosmetic looking ones from the manufacturer of the steel ones from 4x4 shops?

As you probably know a roll bar is made of steel and bolted to the chassis, not those things made of crap thin gauge chromed stuff that bold on top of the bed wings. sad.png

• Like 1

As you probably know a roll bar is made of steel and bolted to the chassis, not those things made of crap thin gauge chromed stuff that bold on top of the bed wings. sad.png

I hate the way they mount them with the poxy rusty little bolts wrong way around with 25mm of thread exposed too.

• Like 1

There are no Kangaroos in Thailand ... no need for the BullBars.

He didn't say he wanted a Kangaroo bar, he said Bullbar....not that it's any better than the chrome decoration I see on many pick-ups!

Here's an Aussie style bullbar. Hit a bull at 60kph and you will be towing your pick-up away and they will be carving up the bull for tomorrows market.

post-63954-0-50680700-1409832187_thumb.j

But they look tuff!

Edited by BSJ

Awaits WS.

• Like 1