Briton makes false robbery report seeking insurance claim - Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hardly the crime of the century, a regular fine and perhaps a missed flight home (which will cost a lot more than any fine) will be more than enough to deter most people.

What I really hate is when I read that the foreigner gets the maximum sentence almost by default whereas I suspect a Thai would never get the same sentence.

Does anyone actually know who the Judges are in Thailand ?

It would appear these are some ThaiVisa members - Detective, Judge, Jury and Executioner in most cases.

• Like 1

Lets put things in perspective here, a Thai stabs a Falong over not wanting fake Rolex, (Thai committing a fraud, and violence), he gets 500b fine.

A Falong attempts fraud and can get up to 6 months! Give him the max??????????? Where were you 6 months ago. TIT.........................

Both water and stupidity soon find their own level

If had these folks just for one moment adopted a risk versus reward analysis before doing something dodgy then most of these stupid crimes would not be done

Let me see, make a false insurance claim get 50,000 Baht .......great

Gat caught, get criminal record, get fine maybe 10,000, possible jail term lets say 3months lost wages back home say 150,000 Baht per month pus backlisted from Thailand

Economic round up 50,000 gain versus potential loss 460K plus possible life threatening stay in Thai jail Nope won't do it

This aside from the moral decision point

Ive tried to teach my kids the benefits of R versus R analysis and it does help people make better decisions for both themselves and others

rgds

Unfortunately this is what British people look like now. Give him the full six months.

My British friends look nothing like him. Some are darker, some lighter. Some have less hair, some more. Some with glasses. Some without. Some are bigots. Some are tolerant.

Trial first. Sentence later.

• Like 2

This is hardly the crime of the century, a regular fine and perhaps a missed flight home (which will cost a lot more than any fine) will be more than enough to deter most people.

What I really hate is when I read that the foreigner gets the maximum sentence almost by default whereas I suspect a Thai would never get the same sentence.

He has not been sentenced, he has been charged. Six months is the maximum he could get (if found guilty) once it has gone to court. The police are not judges.

You're missing my point entirely. He will be sentenced to the maximum sentence by a nameless judge.

Love to hear your definition of "real" Brits.

Could be those who know which side their ancestors fought on in the war ( the 1642-51 war, of course) whistling.gif

You seem to know very little about British history. Otherwise you would have understood that a substantial part of the current British people are not of English or Welsh ancestry as the acts of union also incorporated masses of people from Scotland and Ireland.

English_civil_war_map_1642_to_1645.JPG

Edited by Morakot

He has not been sentenced, he has been charged. Six months is the maximum he could get (if found guilty) once it has gone to court. The police are not judges.

You're missing my point entirely. He will be sentenced to the maximum sentence by a nameless judge.

Didn't miss your point at all because it was not as you now state. He did NOT get the maximum sentence as you stated because he has NOT yet been sentenced. How do you know he will get the maximum sentence? Are you the judge? You asked who are the judges ... I don't know except that it is NOT the police or YOU. Go and sit in the court (if you're allowed) and you'll see them. Alternatively wait for a TV report here, which will probably never happen, on his sentencing.

Silly sausage.. Should know better at his age, but like many UK scammers and benefit fraudsters (the chances are reasonable he is also one), he's probably got away with this thing for far too long.

How can they be stopped? IMO, they need to throw the book at him and give him the maximum 6 month sentence.

Maybe that will deter him from dishonesty in future..

It's not being Racist to state the truth.

People like him DO have a bad track record of this type of crime and many others.

Yes, he has a British Passport which is a pity as it reflects badly on my country.

However, he can never be English!

Perhaps he was born in the UK or immigrated. I don't know him, so I'm not sure.

I don't know all the people in the UK, so I can say anything about a track record for people "like him".

Some passport holders are bigots and haters. I've not met everyone who holds one, but I can usually tell by their words and deeds.

The truth, to the closed minded and intolerant, is often manipulated to satisfy their beliefs.

Being English, or any other nationaility, is more than by birthright or appearance.

Some of the worst scoundrels had family lineage going back centuries in England.

The same can be said for my country.

Unfortunately this is what British people look like now. Give him the full six months.

its not just British the same toe rags are everywhere KINDLY ADDRESSthis remark

A man who doesn't appreciate irony. He is not of Anglo-Saxon or Celtic descent obviously.

However I wouldn't be surprised if he was claiming unemployment, housing allowance and a myriad of other benefits from the UK to fund his International Scamfest.

It's not a British thing, at all. In Copenhagen at Kastrup airport, the authorities frequently raid departing charter flights and check to see who's going on vacation and collecting social welfare benefits. It's not only the people with immigrant backgrounds who do it. It's a very popular way to fund a vacation, as is insurance fraud. It makes me sick.

It's not being Racist to state the truth.

People like him DO have a bad track record of this type of crime and many others.

Yes, he has a British Passport which is a pity as it reflects badly on my country.

However, he can never be English!

Perhaps he was born in the UK or immigrated. I don't know him, so I'm not sure.

I don't know all the people in the UK, so I can say anything about a track record for people "like him".

Some passport holders are bigots and haters. I've not met everyone who holds one, but I can usually tell by their words and deeds.

The truth, to the closed minded and intolerant, is often manipulated to satisfy their beliefs.

Being English, or any other nationaility, is more than by birthright or appearance.

Some of the worst scoundrels had family lineage going back centuries in England.

The same can be said for my country.

Judging by his name he is likely to be from Leicester where a lot of Gujaratis settled after being forced out of Uganda in 1972. They revitalised Leicester's failing textile industry. From my experience the main problem in the UK is with what the former poster describes as English. I ran several companies in the Leicester area and I sold them due to the constant hassle with English Yobs trying to break in to my factoryies and computer shops. I never had any problems with the Indians that worked for me.

• Like 2

remember to do your research when planning to do a crime...this fellow might have to explain his circumstances over the phone to his family and his boss:

"uhm, something has come up...I'm still in Thailand...I was drugged by a ladyboy and ended up impersonating a buffalo...I am now in the hospital in the isolation ward...yes, it will take 6 months for the drugs to clear my system...does workman's comp cover this?...no, I will not have a tan..."