Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

My blood boils when I see these punks.

THUG BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was on the scene it would be impossible to stop me from bashing this punk to a pulp.

Everybody copy and paste the link to this video to as many forums as possible.

If you could understand Thai you'd have realized the boy was concerned about the lady's health regards heat stroke, sun burn and future skin cancer risk.

A well educated and caring boy.

He dont speak Thai he speaks Cambodian

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The (colonialist) arrogance of some posters is just revolting. Why you hate poor people this much? What is your problem? How can you decide what is lawful and right and what is not in a country which is not yours, of which you don't know laws and customs, and not even language?

If you come to a place where locals want you to pay a reasonable amount of your money to let you stay in their beach, like it or not, don't question: pay or move.

"Yes but the law..." ---> What law? Whom country's law? Yours or theirs? PAY OR GO AWAY!

At the end of it, to save Thailand's face at the eyes of people like you, a desperate Cambodian guy will be in jail, and nothing else will change. Many compliments, you are happy now, farang?

And how, exactly are we to handle things when some poor downtrodden locals decide that it's only right we should pay them for walking past their shop on the public sidewalk?

Uhm, let me think... go back to our country? Or another one, if we find one where things are better

Edited by Zlabermacht

My wife says you have to pay to go onto the beaches in Thailand and must rent a chair from the thais or your not allowed onto them. I guess this tourist thought the beach was a free public spot

Nope. I often sit or lie in the sand and let the water rush up to my feet. Never been approached by a man like this. You go to the beach to build sand castles with the kids in the wet sand. I don't want a chair.

• Like 1

The (colonialist) arrogance of some posters is just revolting. Why you hate poor people this much? What is your problem? How can you decide what is lawful and right and what is not in a country which is not yours, of which you don't know laws and customs, and not even language?

If you come to a place where locals want you to pay a reasonable amount of your money to let you stay in their beach, like it or not, don't question: pay or move.

"Yes but the law..." ---> What law? Whom country's law? Yours or theirs? PAY OR GO AWAY!

At the end of it, to save Thailand's face at the eyes of people like you, a desperate Cambodian guy will be in jail, and nothing else will change. Many compliments, you are happy now, farang?

Total crapola. No one is prejudice against anyone.

If the beach money collection business is legal and above board, than there should be various signs or notices posted right along the said beaches, in Thai, English and possibly Russian, clearly stating that the zone is a fee paying beach and terms and prices quoted, including contact details for inquiries.

All staff should be imposed to wear company badges or tags, giving the assistants names and ID numbers and not permitted to cover their faces. Than this way there can be no disputes and the staff would be perfectly within their rights to move on any tourists that contravene the rules, using reasonable methods without of course kicking sand over them.

The guy in questions in nothing else but a thug, don`t care if he is rich or poor or what nationality he is.

Sir, the parameters you use to decide for the Thai people what should and what shouldn't be, what is legal and above board and what is not, what is reasonable and what is not, which are exactly, and where did you pick them up? Do you maybe have a sort of 'ideal colony' in your mind, which you would like actual Thailand be more similar to?

I also don't like this thing, but I must accept it as it does not happen in my country. And it's not that serious, by the way.

Edited by Zlabermacht

And how, exactly are we to handle things when some poor downtrodden locals decide that it's only right we should pay them for walking past their shop on the public sidewalk?

I agree, impulse. As for the post you were replying to, well... I've read some flapdoodle on here... No, I'm lost for words.

The police in Thailand think their public are naive enough to believe they have got the "one" guy who runs a beach mafia ring. And they maybe right.All the photo opps done for domestic consumption and their superiors. It don't fool us who are not so gullible.

Edited by kingalfred

someone already posted this on ThaiVisa much earlier today in the 'best of Thailand videos' (irony?) section . . . posing a question something like, 'do they own the beach?'

answer = yes . . . they do (unfortunately)

Of course you mean they "claim ownership" but in fact have no greater claim to it than a tourist.

Pity that even notifying the police about the assault he committed would fall on deft ears.

There was no shortage of witnesses for sure.

I wonder what language the lady spoke. Brave lady.

The police in Thailand think their public are naive enough to believe they have got the "one" guy who runs a beach mafia ring. And they maybe right.All the photo opps done for domestic consumption and their superiors. It don't fool us who are not so gullible.

Post #298, BeetleJuice wrote, " Wrong. The guy has made a statement to police that his boss ordered him to take this approach with tourists. The case is far from over yet and the police are now working on cracking whoever else is involved. Otherwise there is no points in making your Thai bashing accusations until if and when there are any updates.

Any criticisms of the police regarding this case are unfounded. I congratulate the BiB for bringing real justice for the female tourist and going public with this case so as justice and law enforcement can be seen to be done."

Don't you believe him?

Total crapola. No one is prejudice against anyone.

If the beach money collection business is legal and above board, than there should be various signs or notices posted right along the said beaches, in Thai, English and possibly Russian, clearly stating that the zone is a fee paying beach and terms and prices quoted, including contact details for inquiries.

All staff should be imposed to wear company badges or tags, giving the assistants names and ID numbers and not permitted to cover their faces. Than this way there can be no disputes and the staff would be perfectly within their rights to move on any tourists that contravene the rules, using reasonable methods without of course kicking sand over them.

The guy in questions in nothing else but a thug, don`t care if he is rich or poor or what nationality he is.

Sir, the parameters you use to decide for the Thai people what should and what shouldn't be, what is legal and above board and what is not, what is reasonable and what is not, which are exactly, and where did you pick them up? Do you maybe have a sort of 'ideal colony' in your mind, which you would like actual Thailand be more similar to?

I also don't like this thing, but I must accept it as it does not happen in my country. And it's not that serious, by the way.

Can`t be bothered. Not even worth an answer.

Post #298, BeetleJuice wrote, " Wrong. The guy has made a statement to police that his boss ordered him to take this approach with tourists. The case is far from over yet and the police are now working on cracking whoever else is involved. Otherwise there is no points in making your Thai bashing accusations until if and when there are any updates.

Any criticisms of the police regarding this case are unfounded. I congratulate the BiB for bringing real justice for the female tourist and going public with this case so as justice and law enforcement can be seen to be done."

Don't you believe him?

So if the police do nothing, then they are accused of being corrupt and involved in the scam, and if they do take action and prosecute these thugs, than the police are still accused of being sly and only protecting their own interests, or in other words, however the police play this they are never in the right.

So what`s your opinion? Why are you criticising the police over their handling of this case? Love to hear why you consider my comments should not be believed. Question is; do you have the intelligence to give an appropriate and convincing answer other than getting personal and more than; Don't you believe him? Somehow I doubt it.

When they Parade in front of the cameras with those " who allow"the beaches to be hijacked by illegal chair scams and vendors,NOT those working the beaches, but gaining financially,I will credit the police.But dont hold your breath.

• Like 1

Don't you believe him?

So if the police do nothing, then they are accused of being corrupt and involved in the scam, and if they do take action and prosecute these thugs, than the police are still accused of being sly and only protecting their own interests, or in other words, however the police play this they are never in the right.

So what`s your opinion? Why are you criticising the police over their handling of this case? Love to hear why you consider my comments should not be believed. Question is; do you have the intelligence to give an appropriate and convincing answer other than getting personal and more than; Don't you believe him? Somehow I doubt it.

Not me. I agree with you.

Seems like he has been caught. Wonder if the woman in the clip is aware of the magnitude of this incident? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9z4bna8M0

Pathetic that they're all standing round like they've solved the problem. Who employed him and what steps are being taken against them?

I just got my girlfriend to watch this for a translation and the guy says he's sorry for the way he treated her. Apparently she was a Russian woman and he apologised to her in person on the same day this incident happened.

He said he was doing his job as he was told to do it. 'They' as he phrased it told him to get the people who are not sitting on the sand to sit on the seats.

So the question that remains is who is 'they' - who told him to do this, who does he work for ?

From his accent apparently he sounds like he's from Myanmar or Cambodia but he isn't Thai.

My Missus says the Cambodian fellow does not speak Thai well but she says he tried to say he apologized off camera and then went on to say the lady apologized back to him as well.

Off to jail I say to the poor Cambodian thug along with his this co workers and bosses.

The police spoke and said what he did was wrong. The beaches are public and no charges necessary. Do you not understand what is going on here?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Don't you believe him?

Not me. I agree with you.

I apologise. Only your answer can have a double meaning.

Your comment takes the Biscuit for sure......

Your comment takes the Biscuit for sure......

Make that the entire box :)

article-2254851-0D8D8E9200000578-500_634

• Like 1

My blood boils when I see these punks.

THUG BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was on the scene it would be impossible to stop me from bashing this punk to a pulp.

Everybody copy and paste the link to this video to as many forums as possible.

If you could understand Thai you'd have realized the boy was concerned about the lady's health regards heat stroke, sun burn and future skin cancer risk.

A well educated and caring boy.

Beat him to a pulp a dozen mates of his would bury you.

According to report in PhuketWan, the incident was in October 2013, the beach guy was Cambodian and he faces 3 years in Thai prison and then deportation. It shouldn't stop there though it probaly will!

So beyond 3 years in prison & deportation for kicking some sand on a lady and forcing her to move 10 meters, what more should he get? Death penalty?

Or he can just walk out as a free man if he pay 2000 baht

FrankOff. That is exactly the point of this thread. If Thailand wants to compete as a world class holiday destination, it has to eliminate this kind of behaviour.

Yes, because world class tourist destinations have no crime or idiots. I just don't understand if people never read the news before coming to Thailand or if it is something in the water here that has so many posters believing an incident that makes the news is reflective of an entire country or its people or an industry

FYI - Last year Thailand ranked in the top 10 for International Tourist Destinations