Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

A British Royal Marine was kidnapped and held hostage after he tried to flee from the Jet Skis thugs.

2 points to make regarding this video:

Firstly, that JJ I believe is not a full Thai, but is half Dutch. Perhaps there are farang gangs behind these scams also? I think later JJ became a sort of celebrity and most of that ado was put on for the cameras. I am sure he either applied or was offered parts in movies in the States later on, but not 100% certain on that one?

It said; the world famous Thai jetski scams. If world known than why do tourists still hire these deathtraps and leave themselves vulnerable to the mercies of these thugs?

I would never venture on to such beaches that are controlled by thugs and if tourists begin boycotting these areas than eventually the authorities will grasp the message once the situations starts hitting them where is really hurts, that is in the cash department.

In the end it is the tourists who control the situation not the thugs, simply by avoiding these areas.

What does farang gang controlling it have to do with anything.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My blood boils when I see these punks.

THUG BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was on the scene it would be impossible to stop me from bashing this punk to a pulp.

Everybody copy and paste the link to this video to as many forums as possible.

If you could understand Thai you'd have realized the boy was concerned about the lady's health regards heat stroke, sun burn and future skin cancer risk.

A well educated and caring boy.

Having had the audio appropriately analysed I realise the above was nonsence & presumably posted in jest. All that can be heard is the same grunts detected by ferang ears, along with what could be some pigeon english.

Re Beach Ownership; Anything below the MHWM (mean high water mark) is neither 'land' nor 'seabed' and is therefore deemed 'Crown foreshore', (a term coined by the Brits & adopted worldwide courtesy of the Royal Navy) and is the property of the state.

The only thing that doesn't ring true to me is whether or not this clip has been staged...

So let me get this straight.....are you defending the thug in the video.....If so "Birds of a Feather Flock Together"

Absolutely not, I was confirming that he is one of many going about buggery, thuggery or skulduggery on state owned land that is outside their employers jurisdiction and open to the public. Public access (road,alley, footpath, slipway) is supposed to be considered (ie factored in) when resorts are built, but TIT.

Edited by evadgib

Very disturbing to see - where was the "army" there? If anyone would say that Thailand is a $#itty place and getting worse by the day, I'd agree if I wouldn't be living here. Sometimes the Thai's desperation to make a bad name for themselves makes me wanna puke sick.gif

If I'd seen the incident, "the mask" would have taken a bath. This video should be all over the news and show the Thais how "great" they are...

Where's Chuck Norris when you need him?

Jack Reacher would be better.

Jack Reacher is a contrived character.

Chuck Norris is the real deal.

A little overblown- sure, but in a tussle between a fit (okay, aging slightly) Tom Cruise and an ancient Chuck Norris, I'd bet on Chuck. And I'd sure rather have Chuck's politics.

But I digress....

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Just think what will happen when they eliminate Martial Law at the Tourist destinations. TAT You need to clean up this kind of activity because Many will be sharing this video on FaceBook. Some on ask what beach is it?? If not all of them it soon will be. if nothing is done about it very soon.

Oh By the way My Russian friend just shared the video on Facebook. That should be spread like wild fire now. Question does TAT have patrols on the beaches to watch out for this kind of thing. ??

I hope every one shares this video with their fellow country men.

A British Royal Marine was kidnapped and held hostage after he tried to flee from the Jet Skis thugs.

2 points to make regarding this video:

Firstly, that JJ I believe is not a full Thai, but is half Dutch. Perhaps there are farang gangs behind these scams also? I think later JJ became a sort of celebrity and most of that ado was put on for the cameras. I am sure he either applied or was offered parts in movies in the States later on, but not 100% certain on that one?

It said; the world famous Thai jetski scams. If world known than why do tourists still hire these deathtraps and leave themselves vulnerable to the mercies of these thugs?

I would never venture on to such beaches that are controlled by thugs and if tourists begin boycotting these areas than eventually the authorities will grasp the message once the situations starts hitting them where is really hurts, that is in the cash department.

In the end it is the tourists who control the situation not the thugs, simply by avoiding these areas.

What does farang gang controlling it have to do with anything.

Don't worry! Beatlejuiceis one of the Thaier-than-Thai apologist brigade and whenever there is a negative sorry about the

Thais, he'll do anything to spin it onto westerners.

• Like 1

A little overblown- sure, but in a tussle between a fit (okay, aging slightly) Tom Cruise and an ancient Chuck Norris, I'd bet on Chuck. And I'd sure rather have Chuck's politics.

But I digress....

I'll tell you one thing, if I was a hardened streetfighter, if I had a choice, I would rather face a black belt in a martial art, than another street fighter. There are rules in any martial art, but none in streetfighting.

My attitude would be, if I was attacked by anyone unprovoked, if I thought I could not get the better of him with my fists, I would not hesitate to pick up anything that would give me an advantage. Just remember the word unprovoked.

Sharing this video with FaceBook. I ask all others to do the same. TAT you better do something to take care of this problem and others in the Tourist areas of Thailand. While you ( TAT ) are looking into that how about unfair pricing standards in Thailand. Thai Prices Vs Farang Prices. A great reason NOT to visit LOS. If you go to America or GB would the Thais like that unfair standard applied to them.

My GF saw this on the Thai news and pointed it out to me. She was up set how this could happen in Thailand. She understood however that they got the guy responsible .... Can't confirm that but that is my understanding.

Some one said Thai bashing is going on here, give me a break .... I say call a spade a spade... Thais should be ashamed at this kind of stuff going on..... I hope they clear all the beaches of chairs in Thailand....

You are right, it was a pitiful miserable owner hiding behind a poor migrant worker, probably illegal, made to run this particular nasty errand.

But as usual the miserable Thai visa pundits are turning this into a good ole Thai bash, which is kind of ironic given they are hiding behind the same kind of anonymity the deck chair owner had used, and the fact that this was uploaded and made public by a Thai person, despite the fact that the beach was full of presumably moral upstanding white people who looked on and did sweet FA to help the woman.

Keyboard warriors indeed.

In just about any society, the good guys outnumber the bad by about 50 to 1.

In a functional society, 98% of the people set the societal norms. In a broken society, the 2% do. It seems that, in some Thai tourist areas, the 2% do. Here in BKK (outside the tourist ghettos), the 98% seem to set the norms.

As much as I like the Thai people I work with and live around in BKK, I don't see how anyone can watch these videos and the innumerable jet ski scam videos (and for decades) without coming to the conclusion that there's something systemic wrong here. Very wrong. Not with the 98%. With the system that allows the 2% to run roughshod over the place.

I have no disagreement with you on this.

I just saw this video on the TV news on Channel 3 and it appears to have been filmed on a very high quality camera. It looked like something filmed by a news crew.

The youtube clip quality doesn't do it justice and it looks like it was filmed on a regular phone camera but I don' think this is the case.

They (law enforcement) appear to be looking for the person who uploaded this video because it makes Thailand look bad and 'damages the image' of Thailand.

I can't help but feel that there's more to this than we know.

Why did the person who posted the seemingly broadcast quality video clip that I just watched on TV sit on it for a year before publishing ?

I noticed that too.

Probably the best quality smartphone video I have seen.

Looks like it was on a tripod when panning.

Strange.

The video is staged.

Look at the horizontal detail at the very top of the frame. The detail remains constant as the camera pans.

The camera must therefore be tripod-mounted.

The video quality is way in excess of what you find with smartphones.

This is a piece of professionally-shot video.

Question is, why?

Someone is trying to discredit someone else.

The two actors do a great job, but they are merely pawns in a bigger picture.

I could produce that with my Sony A7r or even my Note 3 in 4k.

You couldn't unless the camera were tripod-mounted and equipped with a certain type of head.

The tripod head is set so that vertical elevation is not possible. The head can only pan horizontally (eg, left or right).

Heads designed for photographic rather than video use are generally not equipped with this functionality.

Google tripod heads and you'll see what I mean.

But I digress....

I'll tell you one thing, if I was a hardened streetfighter, if I had a choice, I would rather face a black belt in a martial art, than another street fighter. There are rules in any martial art, but none in streetfighting.

My attitude would be, if I was attacked by anyone unprovoked, if I thought I could not get the better of him with my fists, I would not hesitate to pick up anything that would give me an advantage. Just remember the word unprovoked.

Depends on the black belt. I studied with Chuck many years ago at his school in Vegas. He'd plaster almost any street fighter. He was a professional fighter and a master in his style of fighting. I personally saw him knockout another black belt with one punch. The instructor was giving him some grief, playing around, and then went a bit too far. The guy was out for 5-10 minutes.

I lasted 2 weeks in his school. Too tough for me. All they did was fight! LOL Chuck was big and extremely strong.

• Like 1

I could produce that with my Sony A7r or even my Note 3 in 4k.

You couldn't unless the camera were tripod-mounted and equipped with a certain type of head.

The tripod head is set so that vertical elevation is not possible. The head can only pan horizontally (eg, left or right).

Heads designed for photographic rather than video use are generally not equipped with this functionality.

Google tripod heads and you'll see what I mean.

I know. Believe me I know.

But I digress....

Depends on the black belt. I studied with Chuck many years ago at his school in Vegas. He'd plaster almost any street fighter. He was a professional fighter and a master in his style of fighting. I personally saw him knockout another black belt with one punch. The instructor was giving him some grief, playing around, and then went a bit too far. The guy was out for 5-10 minutes.

I lasted 2 weeks in his school. Too tough for me. All they did was fight! LOL Chuck was big and extremely strong.

He'd still lose to an Ecky Thump master post-441-14100677892153_thumb.jpg

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

Interesting post Craig, I did karate when I was younger, and only got to the green belt stage, I always felt that some of my mates who were known as local hardmen, would take care of the guys I trained with in a street fight, personally I think boxers would be the hardest to fight. If I had my time over again, I would take up boxing. I know there is rules in boxing, but combine boxing with street fighting, and you have a deadly combination.

• Like 1

I rest my case:

post-138814-0-24119900-1410068494_thumb.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

I think mafia is the wrong word.

These are more like low life stand over thugs.

Low level grunts doing the dirty work for the police and city hall staff that have commandeered the beaches.

If you hang around a while you can spot the supervisors that oversee the punks.

In Pattaya, I see 3 older rough looking Thai ladies that control the jet skis miscreants.

One in front of Royal Garden, another in front of Mikes Mall, Soi 11 and another up near the police station.

They are foul mouthed, viscous pigs that occasionally get into the fray.

I watched one lady berating a tourist(surrounded by her thug staff), screaming the F word & snatched a gold chain from a jet ski scam tourist (victim).

Very normal to have those kinds of people in pattaya. realistically the city is fueled by prostitution, alcohol, drugs, and tourists. aside from some mid to upper level industries theres little attraction for decent thai's. mamasans are expired bar girls and who knows what the ladies you refer to were in the past. water seeks its own level. dont expect thammasat u grads working on the beach.

Yes, this happened to many times and as an Australia, where the beaches are free and we provide showers, toilets and beachcombing free as well as no littering, it is even more insulting when I know it is crown land. But if I use their showers and chairs I should buy a drink in their restaurant at least. But sitting on the sand is free although somtimes have to go through private property to access the beach...