Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

I am sorry for the lady.. What a disgusting behaviour.

Everybody know the beach is public, where are the good Thais ?

Not on a tourist beach in Pattaya!!! There are over 60 million Thais and the majority of them are some of the nicest people you will ever meet!!!

Very true. Pattaya is where the Thai criminals, scammers and scum go.

• Like 2

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on a tourist beach in Pattaya!!! There are over 60 million Thais and the majority of them are some of the nicest people you will ever meet!!!

Pattaya is in everyone. One can be good in Pattaya and bad in the Vatican.

Pattaya is in everyone.

Very true, albeit temporarily. For me it is what comes out of my rear end during my morning constitutional. Edited by samran

Pattaya is in everyone. One can be good in Pattaya and bad in the Vatican.

Thought there's a vaccine now?

It would have taken me about 1.5 seconds of him kicking sand at me, to have done just that, upper kick square in the nuts.

too late for a swift kick in the nuts?

Maybe a swift stab from a knife in his gut, or throat, then pull his facial covering off, to pull him down onto the sand face down, to bleed out, like the pig he his, sorry just my mind running free.

i would've firstly taken him out with a tremendous reverse roundhouse . . . followed up by a devastating flying kick . . . then i would've have finished him with a deadly Bruce Lee inspired inch punch . . . . . . . sorry, just my mind running rampant. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

You lot are rank amateurs.

I would have used my telekinetic powers to cause his head to instantly burst into flames.

I would simply nod in his direction and let my minions defeat him as I walk away to buy an ice-cream.

• Like 2

Why are all the other Farangs sitting by watching, and not helping her?coffee1.gif

Chivalry,morality and empathy are all very well(Some big guys on the chairs watching)But to lend a hand or protest,to become involved in anyway would put any good Samaritan in conflict with a Thai it may offend Thainess.If your not sure what Thainess means no matter,just remember it can be deadly.

maybe there were aware of the horde of other beach "workers" standing by to jump in if she fought back or anyone else fought back.

• Like 1

These are the reasons I cannot go to tourist Thailand. Normal Thailand isn't so much of a problem (although even that tests me these days) and I'm perfectly at home in the village and with family.

Having quite a severe mental disorder that causes my temper to explode without warning makes it too dangerous for me to be in any of these sorts of confrontations or irritational environs.

I suffer the same symptoms on TV topics on overstays/wrong visas listening to the biased show-off self-made Farang/Thai retirees condemning anyone trying to muscle in on their patch ...............cheesy.gif

Really, you met over 30 million Thais?, that amazing

Really, you met over 30 million Thais?, that amazing

To be accurate +/- 5% of the Thai population, I think you would need to talk to 2400 people.

In this new phase of anti-corruption, promote Thailand way of thinking, why are the authorities even thinking of trying to prosecute the video poster. They may have moved back from that objective now but the thinking is still prevalent.

Instead of persecuting those that show the bad side of Thailand, to which there is plenty, these people should be lauded for exposing criminals and idiots who are really destroying the image of Thailand so the authorities can round them up and punish them and publicize the fact of how they are rebuilding Thailand.

Just another example of the backward thinking that pervades. That tourist will tell plenty of her friends and when multiplied thousands of times eventually the industry will suffer and tourists will find somewhere else. It happened in Spain and will happen here unless something more is done than emptying a few beaches.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Wow! This case is a BIG one! :-)

The guy has now been taken back to the scene to re-enact the terrible crime scene. (Which already is on video, but never mind...) Guess he will get about 2000 years in prison for this.

Now whats next?

Wow! This case is a BIG one! :-)

The guy has now been taken back to the scene to re-enact the terrible crime scene. (Which already is on video, but never mind...) Guess he will get about 2000 years in prison for this.

Now whats next?

Blaming another Cambodian or Burmese of course!

• Like 2

My GF saw this on the Thai news and pointed it out to me. She was up set how this could happen in Thailand. She understood however that they got the guy responsible .... Can't confirm that but that is my understanding.

Some one said Thai bashing is going on here, give me a break .... I say call a spade a spade... Thais should be ashamed at this kind of stuff going on..... I hope they clear all the beaches of chairs in Thailand....

Yeah, how could this kind of thing happen in a place like Thailand, beyond imaginable!!!

Unless they got the owner/s who sent the scapegoat out for 150 baht a day to do this <deleted>, and punish them severely, they [the Thai authorities] didn't do squat.

face covered up, picking on a woman alone, very brave... i´d like to see him try that with a few big russian geezers sitting on the sand

Just showing their Thainess.

Too many here are pointing too much on the guy in the video, but who is the low life piece of scum really???

How about they bring out the @#^% who is behind this cowardly act. Scum doesn't even hire his own people, gets a low-life for 150 a day to do his dirty work while he sits in the shade sipping a cold beer!!

• Like 1

face covered up, picking on a woman alone, very brave... i´d like to see him try that with a few big russian geezers sitting on the sand

Just showing their Thainess.

Too many here are pointing too much on the guy in the video, but who is the low life piece of scum really???

How about they bring out the @#^% who is behind this cowardly act. Scum doesn't even hire his own people, gets a low-life for 150 a day to do his dirty work while he sits in the shade sipping a cold beer!!

Wrong.

The guy has made a statement to police that his boss ordered him to take this approach with tourists. The case is far from over yet and the police are now working on cracking whoever else is involved. Otherwise there is no points in making your Thai bashing accusations until if and when there are any updates.

Sand kicking case in Pattaya stirs outrage and call for military cleanup of Pattaya beaches

9-9-2014-12-22-53-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The chasing of a foreign tourist from a beach front of Koh Larn Island in Pattaya has alarmed the military and local authorities of the continual outrageous rif-off on the beaches and prompted local authorities to look into the case seriously.

Pattaya City called meeting with operators on the beaches and pointed to them consequences of such bullying of tourists.

It all happened when a video clip was posted on YouTube showing vendor chasing tourists from the beach on Koh Larn.

The vendor was later arrested and later was identified to be Cambodian.

He appeared as the man on the clip kicking sand on a Russian tourist who refused to rent a beach chair from him on Koh Larn beach in Pattaya.

He was now booked on charges of assault, intimidation and illegally entering the country.

The 25-year-old, identified only as “Ping,” was taken into custody by Region 2 police and Pattaya officers on Sunday, a day after a YouTube video showed him kicking sand on a Russian tourist who refused to rent a beach chair from him.

The clip stirred up public outcry on the behaviour of the man and questioned the existence of mafias operating on the beach font of this world- class beach resort.

The clip, Beach vendor bullies tourist, later caught the attention of local police and Pattaya City officials who later launch investigation and found the clip to be real with the capture of a Cambodian employee of a Thai food vendor on the Koh Larn beach.

Police brought him to Koh Larn beach to reenact the bullying of tourist Sunday.

Police said he was booked on charges of assault, intimidation and illegally entering the kingdom.

However he was likely to face only illegal entry and would be deported as the female tourist shown in the year-old video has left the country, police said.

While a year old, the video went viral amid the National Council for Peace and Order’s campaign to clean up beaches nationwide. Soldiers earlier removed beach chairs, umbrellas and vendors from Phuket’s beaches, pushed Hua Hin officials into doing the same and, last week, moved into the Phi Phi islands and Koh Lipe to do likewise.

But Pattaya officials, so far, have kept the military at bay by promising to restrict and re-regulate the operations of beach-chair vendors.

The video clip has caused outrage in many circles.

A woman who posted the clip also revealed two men apparently bullying and arguing with European tourists and attempting to chase away another two Thai male tourists from a beach on Ao Nuan Bay in Koh Larn Island.

She said she had handed over a clip to the media and asserted that the incident occurred on the same day as the sand kicking incident which went viral.

She had recorded all the images herself in the late afternoon of 24 January of this year.

She further revealed that there were actually 3 – 4 other groups also charging tourists for umbrellas and beach chairs and illegally claiming ownership of public areas.

She stated that sums of 50 – 100 baht per person were charged and more often than not tourists willingly pay the amount to ensure peace of mind.

She recalled the incident on that day saying she was just filming the view when she accidentally zoomed in to the ensuing commotion.

From what she could make out, the argument occurred because woman didn’t want to pay the 100 baht for the beach chairs and chose instead to sunbathe on the beach insisting that it was a public area.

Locals in the area also told her that this was a regular occurrence and many foreign tourists had been similarly bullied in the past, she said.

Following the outrage caused by the video clips authorities in Pattaya City held a meeting with all operators involved in beach tourist activities to inform them of the consequences involved of such actions.

Furthermore, officers have been ordered to carry out continuous checks on all beaches located on Ao Nuan Bay to ensure no repeat of similar incidences.

Bang Lamung districtnchief officer Sakchai Taenghor said this was clearly a criminal offence and the police would have to take action. Also, all Thais must help out in the effort and act as the eyes and ears for authorities and report such incidents.

A tourist operator said even though in such cases there are actually no established criminal organisations involved such acts cannot be tolerated as it directly affects the tourism industry and the overall image of the country.

It is for this reason that authorities are becoming more stringent with beach front operators all over the country and will not tolerate the hiring of abusive staff for the purpose of intimidating visitors. Criminal charges related to the violation of individual rights will be charged on offenders and they will face maximum jail terms of 3 years and fined 6,000 baht for any future offences, he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sand-kicking-case-pattaya-stirs-outrage-call-military-cleanup-pattaya-beaches/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-09

"A tourist operator said even though in such cases there are actually no established criminal organisations involved such acts cannot be tolerated as it directly affects the tourism industry and the overall image of the country."

The same and similar acts including extortion have been going on at Pattaya beach for years with authorities doing nothing at all.

THE PM needs to act harshly take all jet ski operators off the beach they are mafia controlled , and as for TAT they do nothing knowing very well that no jet ski owners have insurance.

time to clean it up once and for all.

PBS story, "The clip, Beach vendor bullies tourist, later caught the attention of local police and Pattaya City officials who later launch investigation and found the clip to be real with the capture of a Cambodian employee of a Thai food vendor on the Koh Larn beach."

How did they find the guy a year later and when his whole face was covered? No reporters ask these kinds of questions?

Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

1. We do not know where this is.

2. We do not know when this happened.

3. i have been going to Patong Beach for 17 years, spending about 180 days on the beach. i never was treated like this. Nor at Kata, Laem Sing, or Surin beaches. I never saw anyone else treated like this.

4. I have always found the beach chair vendors courteous and helpful.

always one who has been in Thailand for donkeys years and claims to "have never witnessed a scam" I have been on this earth 50 years and never witnessed a murder, but I understand there have been a few.

I've been in Thailand 8 years and have personally witnessed 2 murders ! How's that for getting up and about ?

• Like 1

The thug's infamy is spreading to the UK:

Pushy Thai beach vendor arrested after kicking sand and pushing tourist who refuses to rent a sunlounger from him

By CHRIS KITCHING FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 11:18 GMT, 8 September 2014 | UPDATED: 12:24 GMT, 8 September 2014
Thai authorities have arrested a beach vendor after he shoved and chased away a Russian tourist because she wouldn’t rent a sunlounger or parasol from him.
The heated confrontation on Koh Larn, a picturesque island in the Gulf of Thailand, was recorded by a fellow beachgoer and the online video clip has gone viral in the Southeast Asian country.
It shows the pushy male vendor hovering over the woman and kicking sand at her as she attempted to soak up the sun in a public area where sunlounger or parasol rentals are not required.
-- Daily Mail 2014-09-0

wont happen ..too much money at stake and the army etc are very well involved just as they are in all they red light areas of BKK

really? I'm surprised

Can you please give me some proof'?

I am sure your ethics is high (as it should be) and you would never post anything without proof

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 1

That Thai punk wouldn't dare think about putting his hands on a Russian woman.

Talk about a lack of solidarity, on the part of the other foreign tourists. There was a biggish white guy, who walked by,and didn't even bother to stop, to observe the Thai guy's behavior. While the other white female tourist, sitting in the beach chairs, just sat there gaping, and did't even budge. That lack of "stand-up-for-whats-right" solidarity, actually encourages those Thai beach hooligans to become more aggressive, if westerners don't begin to (collectively) stand-up to them.

That video should have immediately been taken to the police, rather than posted to this forum.

That was terrible, poor woman, that's enough to,put you off your holiday for good,

I hope the Thai Authorities see this, as it's shocking behaviour.....

The Thai "authorities" were more concerned about apprehending the video maker, than the Thai male beach vendor, who assaulted that female tourist. Then the Thai media wanted to claim that the vendor perpetrator, in the video was a Burmese worker. Typical Thai behavior. Always looking to shirk responsibility, then shift to someone else.whistling.gif

• Like 1

"A tourist operator said even though in such cases there are actually no established criminal organisations involved such acts cannot be tolerated as it directly affects the tourism industry and the overall image of the country."
The same and similar acts including extortion have been going on at Pattaya beach for years with authorities doing nothing at all.
THE PM needs to act harshly take all jet ski operators off the beach they are mafia controlled , and as for TAT they do nothing knowing very well that no jet ski owners have insurance.
time to clean it up once and for all.

Don't hold your breath, waiting for that to happen. whistling.gif K?

This is getting worldwide coverage like it deserves......

Tourists the world over have a choice of many beach resorts, so crap like this , gives Tourists the option if they want to come here and be treated,like this....

And I think we all know the results..

No matter how much TAT , advertise or push there Country, this is what people see......

That Thai punk wouldn't dare think about putting his hands on a Russian woman.

Talk about a lack of solidarity, on the part of the other foreign tourists. There was a biggish white guy, who walked by,and didn't even bother to stop, to observe the Thai guy's behavior. While the other white female tourist, sitting in the beach chairs, just sat there gaping, and did't even budge. That lack of "stand-up-for-whats-right" solidarity, actually encourages those Thai beach hooligans to become more aggressive, if westerners don't begin to (collectively) stand-up to them.

That video should have immediately been taken to the police, rather than posted to this forum.

What? Do you think there are sides? Tourists vs Thais? Solidarity? With whom? You? I like Thailand a lot more than I like tourists. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you.