Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

I just saw this video on the TV news on Channel 3 and it appears to have been filmed on a very high quality camera. It looked like something filmed by a news crew.

The youtube clip quality doesn't do it justice and it looks like it was filmed on a regular phone camera but I don' think this is the case.

They (law enforcement) appear to be looking for the person who uploaded this video because it makes Thailand look bad and 'damages the image' of Thailand.

I can't help but feel that there's more to this than we know.

Why did the person who posted the seemingly broadcast quality video clip that I just watched on TV sit on it for a year before publishing ?

I noticed that too.

Probably the best quality smartphone video I have seen.

Looks like it was on a tripod when panning.

Strange.

• Like 1

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see ... sitting on the beach, on the sand and sort of away from the almost endless battalions of chairs... why?

Is it to save the lousy 3 Bucks? Is it to make some sort of point? Is it someone's God given right? Or is it just an inability to figure out why there are so many chairs all lined up all the way up and down the beach being 'tended' to that seemed to have been invisible to you and the fact that there is no one else sitting on a towel on the sand?

Whatever the reason, the actions of the 'masked man' were exactly what the government is trying to stamp out... so good-bye and F off! But although there is a principle here that needs to be addressed for sure, why open yourself up to being harassed. Just spend the couple of bucks and get the dam chair already. Keeps everything nice and easy and opens up your ability to get food and drink delivered to your 'spot'. Oh, and do try and remember that the price of the chair 'rental' for the day is far less than the price it would cost you to feed that Parking Meter in front of your office or at the shops on that High Street, or wherever for a lousy 1 or 2 hours (not to mention the price of the ticket for forgetting to feed the dam thing).

So though the system on the beaches run by these idiots and thugs is unacceptable and should be stamped out...it does sort of mean that I do not have to sit and have to look at some 225+ pound, overweight Russian or European woman who actually thinks it is okay, by Thai culture, to be topless in a thong with her other GF's and their spouses in the stupid trunks that only Russian men seem to think are good looking because they chose to sit right in front of my POV of the water and sky.

One more thing... remember... thumping the guy would have done nothing except get you beaten up later in the day when no one was around no matter how much damage you had inflicted on him originally.

The point is unless you are Thai... and remember that there IS a double standard here and that ain't going to go away anytime soon if ever...just get the dam chair somewhere. Why fit over a chair... principle or not!

• Like 1

God help him if he tried that with me.

I hear what you are saying, but I find With Thais it's the unknown, he might have a knife with him or hunt you down later with a gun or something ??? I have learned to bite my tongue, as difficult as it is...

I try not to get into confrontation with them, which is difficult especially with the driving standards,,,

• Like 1

I never go to tourist beachs in Thailand (havent been post Coup).

They are absolutely horrible with the mafia creeps all over the place. even the annoying <deleted> walking around with their trinkets who stand there in front of you and you say no thank you and they just linger and give you the puppy eyes. they believe that you truly owe them something. tourist areas attract the nastiest thais.

I am getting the impression that this is only a Thai thing, but somehow I have my doubts.

Thailand. It's all about the people.

Did I hear that recently or did I dream it? Having lived here for 7 years I have to admit to having never been treated like this but then again I'm not a holiday maker and I'm not trying to sit on a tourist beach. Nonetheless the "people" that tourists meet are these "people" not the lovely, caring, generous everyday "people" I am lucky enough to share this part of my life with.

Sad for Thailand.....and it doesn't matter that this happened a year ago or 10 minutes ago....this is the media. You have to learn how to deal with it effectively and, unfortunately for Thailand, unsustainable sound-bites have much less sway in more mature media consumer markets.

Edited by draftvader

I would have told him to go away and decked him

So you would not mind taking on anything from six to about 30 Thai cowards. I am not a Thai basher but this and the behaviour on the roads? I am sorry, but I just cannot think of an excuse for it.

• Like 1

That was terrible, poor woman, that's enough to,put you off your holiday for good,

I hope the Thai Authorities see this, as it's shocking behaviour.....

"I hope the Thai Authorities see this, as it's shocking behaviour....." no chance of that. The mafia and police are as one in this country

PM General Prayuth should have made pattaya his first priority how can he believe the police they won'y do anything these mafia are experts at being innocent until no one is watching them they know every trick in the book.

They don't own jet ski's to make money out hiring .

They use jet skis and an extortion tool , I have also heard that many police own these jet ski's and beach chair plots.

Why are operators hiring out jet ski's with no insurance.??????????????????

PM General Prayuth needs to get onto Pattay beach and sweep it from 1 end to the other no one would be upset if jet skis ore beach chairs are banned.

Your second last sentence, because the thieving insurance companies will not insure any person or business where there is obviously going to be a few claims. I wonder what the small print would be on Jetski insurance.

MJP, on 06 Sept 2014 - 07:10, said:
khunjamesjohnson, on 06 Sept 2014 - 07:04, said:

My blood boils when I see these punks.

THUG BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was on the scene it would be impossible to stop me from bashing this punk to a pulp.

Everybody copy and paste the link to this video to as many forums as possible.

If you could understand Thai you'd have realized the boy was concerned about the lady's health regards heat stroke, sun burn and future skin cancer risk.

A well educated and caring boy.

Ah, now I know, the sand was to "protect" her skin....mmmm

First with regards to the video on the woman being harassed on the beach, the cambodian scum that was caught should have been brutally beaten up to confess who his thai employers are and these scum should have been caught and also thrashed. (I am sure some high ranking govt official or thai hiso or police or army guy must on the top of this operations.)

Second with regards to the video of the jet ski scam, the police officer involved should have been sacked and some foreigners should get together to do something about the thai garbage that were featured in the jet ski video...anything to end these low lifes.

Lastly, please dessiminate these videos to all ur friends and media in your home countries....the more the better.

Also, for god sake stupid cows, stop visiting areas like phuket or pattaya, the only way to teach these thai scum bags is to hurt them in their purses...stop patronising these places. As far as the foreign sumbags who have businesses in these places, let them be...some of them are married into these lower life forms families and cannot do anything about it except to still invite their fellow country man to be fleeced there.

• Like 1

In Thailand it is quite possible if she had caused a scene she would have been charges for throwing sand at the hoodlum. Sorry folks, that is Thailand. I know what I would have done and damn the consequences. However you would never find me within 5 miles of any of these tourist traps. There are plenty of beaches in Thailand and many of them are more beautiful simply because they are not populated with the vendor leaches and prostitutes. Why do tourists like a crowd ? I cannot figure that one out. Throngs are what they get in their home cities. One would think that they would want to escape that. Tell your friends coming to Thailand where not to go. Recommend alternatives.

• Like 1

Once, walking the old Pattaya Beach Promenade, I witnessed an umbrella lady boss telling tourists they could not lay down on the sand near her concession though they were on the officially free beach access by the old dolphin place. I couldn't help but take the side of the tourists and reproach the lady but to no avail.

The chairs are, indeed, cheap to rent but Pattaya is a "Beach Resort" for C.sake and after paying good money to come and vacation here the least you'd expect is to be able to go lay down free on the beach (where there are no chairs, of course).

Edited by jayceenik