Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read on another news site that the Royal Thai Navy is about to move to clear all sunbeds from Lan island and all Pattaya beaches same as phuket.

Really? Hope it's true. I was starting to doubt if any clean up of Pattaya was at all possible given how far up the corruption goes, how entrenched it is and how widespread. I am sure it was no accident that Hua hin and Phuket had some action started, whereas in Pattaya there appeared to be some hesitation.

But, let's hope some good can come out of the coup.

But, let's hope some good can come out of the coup.

I'm impressed so far by the coup results. I suspect they're just warming up for "The Big One(s)".

And for the guys who think Thais don't know how to enjoy their spare time. If you get tired of crowded beaches, scams and rental chairs, here's Songkhla. (Sorry, shameless plug- I love the place)

(Full disclosure: A lot of these guys are Muslims- I couldn't tell you which ones, but I know some are Muslim because the girls cheering them on were wearing local Muslim garb)

post-138814-0-67786600-1410076843_thumb.

post-138814-0-71858300-1410076889_thumb.

post-138814-0-77260100-1410077818_thumb.

Edited by impulse

Oh, American will be downgrade diplomatic relation and take sanction against junta for arrest this poor vendor. Where american fatty will be seat if there are not chair for them.......

Very few are American. Just too far for our fatties to travel when we have better beaches within a 4 hour flight.

Check out the tourism profile. Most of these fatties are British or Australian.

• Like 1

Egregious Beach Vendor Kicks Sand Over Female Tourist

26.jpg

September 5, 2014 [Pattaya Dailiy News]; that there was a 1-minute video clip shared on the internet called “Expelled the tourist or sit on the chair !, Does the beach belong to your father ?” that was posted on YouTube and various channels. The video clip showed an incident of one man who walked up to a female foreign tourist who was applying sun screen and shouted “hey”! before he started kicking sand at her and forced her to leave the beach.

The man waved his hands and told her she can’t sit there before walking around kicking sand at her until she got angry and stood up and hit him with the towel. He then grabbed her arm and pushed her off the beach even though he gave her no reason why she couldn’t sit there.

Full story:-http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/egregious-beach-vendor-kicks-sand-female-tourist/

pdnews.jpg

-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-07

Great and the results are...

1) Young man from Cambodia goes to prison and Cambodia is to blame for it all.

2) Young mans employer gets a simple warning.

3) Person who posted the video on YouTube is now being hunted down and will properly face charges.

4) Nobody loses face and case is closed.

Problem solved! - and lesson learnt... "Do not take a video and post it on YouTube, if you see something bad going on". Just keep quiet and smile.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 2

face covered up, picking on a woman alone, very brave... i´d like to see him try that with a few big russian geezers sitting on the sand

Looks to me like there were several farang men just sitting there

Pity they weren't the Thai visa super hero's. They would have chop seuy'ed this bloke in two seconds flat, just by sitting on him.

LOL..... giggle.gif

• Like 2

My wife says you have to pay to go onto the beaches in Thailand and must rent a chair from the thais or your not allowed onto them. I guess this tourist thought the beach was a free public spot

Your wife is wrong.

My wife says cream cheese is spun from gold. What's your opinion? I think both wives are dreaming.

I wish that woman blinded that guy with hot sand.

• Like 2

Interesting post Craig, I did karate when I was younger, and only got to the green belt stage, I always felt that some of my mates who were known as local hardmen, would take care of the guys I trained with in a street fight, personally I think boxers would be the hardest to fight. If I had my time over again, I would take up boxing. I know there is rules in boxing, but combine boxing with street fighting, and you have a deadly combination.

One of my best friends in high school was the state wrestling chap. 185lb class. It'd be funny to see these guys go after him. Almost all were just having fun and challenging him. They'd be pinned in under 60 seconds. No damage done, just immobilized! In various embarrassing positions! 55555

• Like 1

Egregious Beach Vendor Kicks Sand Over Female Tourist

26.jpg

September 5, 2014 [Pattaya Dailiy News]; that there was a 1-minute video clip shared on the internet called “Expelled the tourist or sit on the chair !, Does the beach belong to your father ?” that was posted on YouTube and various channels. The video clip showed an incident of one man who walked up to a female foreign tourist who was applying sun screen and shouted “hey”! before he started kicking sand at her and forced her to leave the beach.

The man waved his hands and told her she can’t sit there before walking around kicking sand at her until she got angry and stood up and hit him with the towel. He then grabbed her arm and pushed her off the beach even though he gave her no reason why she couldn’t sit there.

Full story:-http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/egregious-beach-vendor-kicks-sand-female-tourist/

pdnews.jpg

-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-07

From the article

The beach in question was in Phuket province and Amphur Hua Hin which has now being regulated by the NCPO.

Were there two beaches? Sorry, I only saw one.

Redundant journalism at its most redundant.

It must be Pattaya since the guy standing behind the beach thug is the Pattaya Deputy Mayor, .....you know, the guy that he been pretending to stop the jet ski scam since 2008.

Yes, that is the Deputy Mayor of Pattaya in the photo. Sadly not his usual LOS persona. Looks as though he's thinking the same as Dubya at school on hearing about the 9/11 attacks..." Why didn't I take any notice of what people were telling me about those naughty guys out there? There may be trouble ahead".

Seems like he has been caught. Wonder if the woman in the clip is aware of the magnitude of this incident? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9z4bna8M0

Pathetic that they're all standing round like they've solved the problem. Who employed him and what steps are being taken against them?

Case closed!

Good he was from Cambodia. No need to drag Thais into this. Next step is now to find the person who put the video on YouTube and punish him/her. Justice has once again been served!

• Like 1

My wife says you have to pay to go onto the beaches in Thailand and must rent a chair from the thais or your not allowed onto them. I guess this tourist thought the beach was a free public spot

Your wife is wrong.

But she believes it...says a lot

Seems like he has been caught. Wonder if the woman in the clip is aware of the magnitude of this incident? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9z4bna8M0

Pathetic that they're all standing round like they've solved the problem. Who employed him and what steps are being taken against them?

Case closed!

Good he was from Cambodia. No need to drag Thais into this. Next step is now to find the person who put the video on YouTube and punish him/her. Justice has once again been served!

Wrong.

The guy has made a statement to police that his boss ordered him to take this approach with tourists. The case is far from over yet and the police are now working on cracking whoever else is involved. Otherwise there is no points in making your Thai bashing accusations until if and when there are any updates.

Any criticisms of the police regarding this case are unfounded. I congratulate the BiB for bringing real justice for the female tourist and going public with this case so as justice and law enforcement can be seen to be done.

Your wife is wrong.

Not wrong, we went Cha Am beach and had to pay to sit on the sand.

Your wife is wrong.

Not wrong, we went Cha Am beach and had to pay to sit on the sand.

You paid to sit on the sand; that is wrong.

• Like 2

The (colonialist) arrogance of some posters is just revolting. Why you hate poor people this much? What is your problem? How can you decide what is lawful and right and what is not in a country which is not yours, of which you don't know laws and customs, and not even language?
If you come to a place where locals want you to pay a reasonable amount of your money to let you stay in their beach, like it or not, don't question: pay or move.
"Yes but the law..." ---> What law? Whom country's law? Yours or theirs? PAY OR GO AWAY!

At the end of it, to save Thailand's face at the eyes of people like you, a desperate Cambodian guy will be in jail, and nothing else will change. Many compliments, you are happy now, farang?

The (colonialist) arrogance of some posters is just revolting. Why you hate poor people this much? What is your problem? How can you decide what is lawful and right and what is not in a country which is not yours, of which you don't know laws and customs, and not even language?

If you come to a place where locals want you to pay a reasonable amount of your money to let you stay in their beach, like it or not, don't question: pay or move.

"Yes but the law..." ---> What law? Whom country's law? Yours or theirs? PAY OR GO AWAY!

At the end of it, to save Thailand's face at the eyes of people like you, a desperate Cambodian guy will be in jail, and nothing else will change. Many compliments, you are happy now, farang?

Desperate Cambodian guy? Where? The guy I saw owned the beach.

Lets hope they expose the boss.

Who gets these leases on the beach anyway? Friends of the municipal authorities, no?

Edited by khunjamesjohnson

And how, exactly are we to handle things when some poor downtrodden locals decide that it's only right we should pay them for walking past their shop on the public sidewalk?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

And how, exactly are we to handle things when some locals decide that it's only right we should pay them for walking past their shop on the public sidewalk?

Mr. Zlabermacht will pay and tip them, thus making things difficult for the rest of us..whistling.gif