Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could produce that with my Sony A7r or even my Note 3 in 4k.

You couldn't unless the camera were tripod-mounted and equipped with a certain type of head.

The tripod head is set so that vertical elevation is not possible. The head can only pan horizontally (eg, left or right).

Heads designed for photographic rather than video use are generally not equipped with this functionality.

Google tripod heads and you'll see what I mean.

I know. Believe me I know.

OK -- if you insist.

The video was not shot with the sort of pan and tilt head available on a normal photographer's tripod.

The cameraman is using a fluid head. Notice how there is no jarring as the head pans. I guess you know about dampening.

Also notice how the actors "over act". This may only be apparent on second viewing.

Egregious Beach Vendor Kicks Sand Over Female Tourist

26.jpg

September 5, 2014 [Pattaya Dailiy News]; that there was a 1-minute video clip shared on the internet called “Expelled the tourist or sit on the chair !, Does the beach belong to your father ?” that was posted on YouTube and various channels. The video clip showed an incident of one man who walked up to a female foreign tourist who was applying sun screen and shouted “hey”! before he started kicking sand at her and forced her to leave the beach.

The man waved his hands and told her she can’t sit there before walking around kicking sand at her until she got angry and stood up and hit him with the towel. He then grabbed her arm and pushed her off the beach even though he gave her no reason why she couldn’t sit there.

Full story:-http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/egregious-beach-vendor-kicks-sand-female-tourist/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-07

face covered up, picking on a woman alone, very brave... i´d like to see him try that with a few big russian geezers sitting on the sand

Don/t worry about Russian Geezers. If I saw that I would have thumped the bastard to next year! But that is my Australian Spirit coming out. FIGHT INJUSTICE!

One day I was swimming near resort bungalows and a teenage Russian boy called the Manager on his mobile to report me. They both waited and watched me get out of the water. My bike was not parked on his land but on a vacant block next door. I dressed quickly with them both watching me. Just to make a point, I went back and rented one of his bungalows and his wife gave me poisoned dried mango and had to see a doctor. They then sprayed my bedsheets and clothes with pesticide and put a rat in the roof. Just to let me know what a pest I was..they also connected the artesian water to the shower in case I wasn't itchy or scratchy enough.Then they switched off the with fi so I would miss the World Cup and so did the Junta on the TV channels. So all the same mentality. Spoilsports.

someone already posted this on ThaiVisa much earlier today in the 'best of Thailand videos' (irony?) section . . . posing a question something like, 'do they own the beach?'

answer = yes . . . they do (unfortunately)

I do not understand. So the little arse holes can do what that guy did in the video LEGALLY?

How do they own the beach?

One day I was swimming near resort bungalows and a teenage Russian boy called the Manager on his mobile to report me. They both waited and watched me get out of the water. My bike was not parked on his land but on a vacant block next door. I dressed quickly with them both watching me. Just to make a point, I went back and rented one of his bungalows and his wife gave me poisoned dried mango and had to see a doctor. They then sprayed my bedsheets and clothes with pesticide and put a rat in the roof. Just to let me know what a pest I was..they also connected the artesian water to the shower in case I wasn't itchy or scratchy enough.Then they switched off the with fi so I would miss the World Cup and so did the Junta on the TV channels. So all the same mentality. Spoilsports.

So....what did you do wrong again?

The bottom line is the Thais cannot bear seeing others having a good time. They are paying off their SUV and shop rent, think farang eating, drinking and resort lifestyle is a waste of money. They don't understand leisure or retirement, you are just lazy, good for nothing and happy to take your money but envy your lifestyle.

• Like 1

I could produce that with my Sony A7r or even my Note 3 in 4k.

You couldn't unless the camera were tripod-mounted and equipped with a certain type of head.

The tripod head is set so that vertical elevation is not possible. The head can only pan horizontally (eg, left or right).

Heads designed for photographic rather than video use are generally not equipped with this functionality.

Google tripod heads and you'll see what I mean.

I know. Believe me I know.

OK -- if you insist.

The video was not shot with the sort of pan and tilt head available on a normal photographer's tripod.

The cameraman is using a fluid head. Notice how there is no jarring as the head pans. I guess you know about dampening.

Also notice how the actors "over act". This may only be apparent on second viewing.

Yes I know about dampening. And I know about fluid heads and pan heads and I don't make you right on this. It's not that smooth. It could have been done with a pan head. Or even in device post production smoothing.

Edited by MJP

What a coward, POS scumbag. Let's hope this hits the Thai social media rounds and then the Army decide to make a poster boy out of this POS by giving him a nice long sentence where there is no sand.

Wont happen. Look at that British guy who exposed the Pineapple fruit juice slave labour scam. HE IS IN TROUBLE in court facing Gaol. Now why would they ruin a NICE BEACH scene for all those Russians and Chinese?

26.jpg

September 5, 2014 [Pattaya Dailiy News]; that there was a 1-minute video clip shared on the internet called “Expelled the tourist or sit on the chair !, Does the beach belong to your father ?” that was posted on YouTube and various channels. The video clip showed an incident of one man who walked up to a female foreign tourist who was applying sun screen and shouted “hey”! before he started kicking sand at her and forced her to leave the beach.

The man waved his hands and told her she can’t sit there before walking around kicking sand at her until she got angry and stood up and hit him with the towel. He then grabbed her arm and pushed her off the beach even though he gave her no reason why she couldn’t sit there.

Full story:-http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/egregious-beach-vendor-kicks-sand-female-tourist/

pdnews.jpg

From the article

The beach in question was in Phuket province and Amphur Hua Hin which has now being regulated by the NCPO.

Were there two beaches? Sorry, I only saw one.

Redundant journalism at its most redundant.

Oh, American will be downgrade diplomatic relation and take sanction against junta for arrest this poor vendor. Where american fatty will be seat if there are not chair for them.......

Seriously Beaches are for all Thai people not for only people who pay for chair....

Cleaning beaches form this mafia is a good thing.

26.jpg

pdnews.jpg

From the article

The beach in question was in Phuket province and Amphur Hua Hin which has now being regulated by the NCPO.

It was reported in the BP as being Koh Larn.

face covered up, picking on a woman alone, very brave... i´d like to see him try that with a few big russian geezers sitting on the sand

Looks to me like there were several farang men just sitting there

Pity they weren't the Thai visa super hero's. They would have chop seuy'ed this bloke in two second flat, just by sitting on him.

I have to saythat as a white person, I was also disgusted at the fat <deleted> just looking on and doing nothing to help. Milgram experiment?

Pity they weren't the Thai visa super hero's. They would have chop seuy'ed this bloke in two second flat, just by sitting on him.

I have to saythat as a white person, I was also disgusted at the fat <deleted> just looking on and doing nothing to help. Milgram experiment?

The master race letting the side down...

I have to saythat as a white person, I was also disgusted at the fat just looking on and doing nothing to help. Milgram experiment?

Normalcy bias.

26.jpg

pdnews.jpg

From the article

It must be Pattaya since the guy standing behind the beach thug is the Pattaya Deputy Mayor, .....you know, the guy that he been pretending to stop the jet ski scam since 2008.

I would like to kick some sand on him.

One question..... why is he allowed to sit there in the photo? They should be shoving him around and then shove him into a jail cell.

• Like 1

The bottom line is the Thais cannot bear seeing others having a good time. They are paying off their SUV and shop rent, think farang eating, drinking and resort lifestyle is a waste of money. They don't understand leisure or retirement, you are just lazy, good for nothing and happy to take your money but envy your lifestyle.

Really? I see plenty of Thais enjoying themselves on the beaches Where in Thailand are you seeing unhappy, jealous Thais ?

• Like 1

Oh, American will be downgrade diplomatic relation and take sanction against junta for arrest this poor vendor. Where american fatty will be seat if there are not chair for them.......

Most American fatties are sitting on a beach in America. Less than 1/100 of 1% of which are covered in rental beach chairs. The rest of us sit on a towel or blanket in the sand. Like God intended... And like the lady in the video was trying.

And when 99% of us leave the beach, you can't even tell we were there. Again, like God intended.

You need to take a better listen to the fatties in the Thai beach chairs. Very few are American. Just too far for our fatties to travel when we have better beaches within a 4 hour flight.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2