Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats worse is tourists putting up with things like this.

I was thinking the same thing. The guy is pushing the girl, being a bully and the tourists are suddenly engrossed in their phones and looking in the other direction.

Yeah, I know but four or five tourists standing beside the poor girl to show some support would be a good -and decent- thing to do.

Whats worse is tourists putting up with things like this.

I was thinking the same thing. The guy is pushing the girl, being a bully and the tourists are suddenly engrossed in their phones and looking in the other direction.

Yeah, I know but four or five tourists standing beside the poor girl to show some support would be a good -and decent- thing to do.

Yeah, but good and decent doesn't cut it here. Farangs tend to feel it's the Thais country, we're guests here, etc etc.

And of course forget the Thais coming to her aid. They side with the bully.

• Like 1

PM General Prayuth should have made pattaya his first priority how can he believe the police they won'y do anything these mafia are experts at being innocent until no one is watching them they know every trick in the book.

They don't own jet ski's to make money out hiring .

They use jet skis and an extortion tool , I have also heard that many police own these jet ski's and beach chair plots.

Why are operators hiring out jet ski's with no insurance.??????????????????

PM General Prayuth needs to get onto Pattay beach and sweep it from 1 end to the other no one would be upset if jet skis ore beach chairs are banned.

• Like 2

My Thai girlfriend alerted me to this video earlier today and she was disgusted. And I believe most Thais won't be impressed either. The army has been doing a good job of cleaning up Hua Hin and the rip off merchants. Eventually they will have to get around to the trouble spots like Koh Lan here, Pattaya and Phuket. It remains to be seen if the army has all the answers to Thailand problems but I sort of expect they'll get around to troublemakers like these. Meanwhile, if the lady in question is reading this can I suggest Ao Manao beach near Prachaup Khiri Khan as the complete opposite of this beach. My first time visit on Friday and what an impressive location,clean water, shady trees, no dogs, no deckchair thugs, light on tourists, food and drink nearby.

• Like 1

Seems like he has been caught. Wonder if the woman in the clip is aware of the magnitude of this incident? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9z4bna8M0

Pathetic that they're all standing round like they've solved the problem. Who employed him and what steps are being taken against them?

I just got my girlfriend to watch this for a translation and the guy says he's sorry for the way he treated her. Apparently she was a Russian woman and he apologised to her in person on the same day this incident happened.

He said he was doing his job as he was told to do it. 'They' as he phrased it told him to get the people who are not sitting on the sand to sit on the seats.

So the question that remains is who is 'they' - who told him to do this, who does he work for ?

From his accent apparently he sounds like he's from Myanmar or Cambodia but he isn't Thai.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

So they arrested this guy and that's the end of it is it ?

He was acting on the instructions of whomever he worked for. No doubt someone else will be doing his job already.

I wonder if this is just be the start of the looming crackdown in this area.

post-44895-0-00223400-1410008385_thumb.j

• Like 1

Gen.Prayuth!!!!!!!

Please clean up Chonburi, especially Pattaya! The local administration can not handle the thousands of problems what make life not lifeworth here! Tourists are used like free game, police ignore!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the slogan: Smileing Thailand!!!! Where????

• Like 1

I never go to LOS for a holiday. Way too much agg.

So, you never holiday in LOS. I take it you don't live here either ? How come so many posts from a wanna be ?

What's your story ? Care to share ?

Just wondering.

• Like 1

The boy has been rounded up.

Cambodian.

The person that posted the youtube video has a new one about 2 hours ago.

Case closed. Thais off the hook.

NOT! Thailand is still fully responsible.

1. It happened in Thailand.

2. The tourist would not know that this was Cambodian person. They would believe he is Thai.

3. Most pathetic of all, some Thai gave him this job.

I never go to LOS for a holiday. Way too much agg.

So, you never holiday in LOS. I take it you don't live here either ? How come so many posts from a wanna be ?

What's your story ? Care to share ?

Just wondering.

I suggest you read his posts again as he explains in a follow up to the first one.......coffee1.gif

http://youtu.be/lEZ7XicTTLs

Came across this clip in the Thai press today of Thai beach 'Mafia' (this was how they were described in the article) forcing a sunbathing female tourist off the beach onto the paying deckchairs, while kicking sand on her and pushing her.

He was reported as saying, "You can't lie on the beach. You can only use the fee-paying deckchairs!"

The beach wasn't identified.

Looks like the jet ski Mafia have branched out into new areas and revenue streams...

Just would not happen unless there was backup, like three times the amount. Anyway, amazing Thailand indeed. What next, 20 baht for a dip?

Anyone seeing this can't decide your holiday dest, consider Bali or Spain. Better beaches and just less f***ing baggage and hassle all round!

many things drive me crazy here in thailand,but one of the top 3 is the thai sense of ownership...they own the parking the beaches the air and the ocean...and everything in between...the thaiway or the hiway...

• Like 1

Cambodian.

2. The tourist would not know that this was Cambodian person. They would believe he is Thai.

Guess your sarcasm detector is off..

Cambodian.

Guess your sarcasm detector is off..

Either that or American...

A British Royal Marine was kidnapped and held hostage after he tried to flee from the Jet Skis thugs.

I've seen this rather famous video before, and it is very disturbing. It seems to me that the Top Sarge did very little to help his private out. He stood up to the jet ski guy all right, but ultimately caved in to the extortion. Can't believe those marines couldn't make short work of those locals, in a fair fight. But then we know there's never a fair fight when it's locals vs farangs. Especially with that one guy waving the rifle around. That beater jetski isn't worth 35,000 baht. Outrageous ripoff. I'll bet they play that video at the shop whenever they're kicking back with lao kao, laughing at how they got over on those marines.

Why didn't the police get called called in? Whay are you laughing??