Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

A British Royal Marine was kidnapped and held hostage after he tried to flee from the Jet Skis thugs.

I've seen this rather famous video before, and it is very disturbing. It seems to me that the Top Sarge did very little to help his private out. He stood up to the jet ski guy all right, but ultimately caved in to the extortion. Can't believe those marines couldn't make short work of those locals, in a fair fight. But then we know there's never a fair fight when it's locals vs farangs. Especially with that one guy waving the rifle around. That beater jetski isn't worth 35,000 baht. Outrageous ripoff. I'll bet they play that video at the shop whenever they're kicking back with lao kao, laughing at how they got over on those marines.

Why didn't the police get called called in? Whay are you laughing??

set up for the cameras i recall? and the gun was an air rifle

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boy has been rounded up.

Cambodian.

The person that posted the youtube video has a new one about 2 hours ago.

Case closed. Thais off the hook.

NOT! Thailand is still fully responsible.

1. It happened in Thailand.

2. The tourist would not know that this was Cambodian person. They would believe he is Thai.

3. Most pathetic of all, some Thai gave him this job.

Guess your sarcasm detector is off..

Either that or American...

Neither of the above.

"He not Thai people" is the response that I am getting from most Thais about this who know about the story - seen it in Thai news. As if that makes it OK and understandable.

My blood boils when I see these punks.

THUG BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was on the scene it would be impossible to stop me from bashing this punk to a pulp.

Everybody copy and paste the link to this video to as many forums as possible.

If you could understand Thai you'd have realized the boy was concerned about the lady's health regards heat stroke, sun burn and future skin cancer risk.

A well educated and caring boy.

Pitiful attempt at humor.

That's not humour, that's his legal defence.

• Like 1

From watching the Youtube clip above, it is written in Thai that he is a Cambodian is hired by a vendor who allegedly own the beach front. It does not matter where he is from, he did such a disgusting and unacceptable behavior toward a person. This clip upset Thai people as well as foreigners and whoever have seen this clip. Police arrested him only to bring him to publicly apologize to the woman but they did not do anything about the beach umbrella vendor who hired him, sucks!!.

Although I am Thai but I hate this kind of Thai people. I myself once in a while have had an argument with some low life Thais but I have to stay away otherwise, I would be killed. Only if you understand Thai language fluently, you would feel disgusted of how some Thai people use slur that apply to either educated or uneducated ones.

I once heard a female bus fare collector slurring another driver who cut the bus the one she was on (I was on the bus too), she slurred disgustingly and loudly on and on for 10-15 minutes that could have driven someone wanting to shut her up but passengers on the bus had to stay quiet, unfortunately :-(

Good, looks like the army have got another beach to clear of sunbeds.

According to report in PhuketWan, the incident was in October 2013, the beach guy was Cambodian and he faces 3 years in Thai prison and then deportation. It shouldn't stop there though it probaly will!

So this whole thread is about an incident that occurred last year?????

According to report in PhuketWan, the incident was in October 2013, the beach guy was Cambodian and he faces 3 years in Thai prison and then deportation. It shouldn't stop there though it probaly will!

So this whole thread is about an incident that occurred last year?????

Yes, but since then the moral highground has been introduced in tourist areas. This was the last one....a trip through memorylane....i guess.

I never go to LOS for a holiday. Way too much agg.

So, you never holiday in LOS. I take it you don't live here either ? How come so many posts from a wanna be ?

What's your story ? Care to share ?

Just wondering.

Homes and dependents there.

My blood boils when I see these punks.

THUG BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was on the scene it would be impossible to stop me from bashing this punk to a pulp.

Everybody copy and paste the link to this video to as many forums as possible.

If you could understand Thai you'd have realized the boy was concerned about the lady's health regards heat stroke, sun burn and future skin cancer risk.

A well educated and caring boy.

Pitiful attempt at humor.

Well its not like anyone else even makes an attempt on this miserable forum.

• Like 1

OK here is the story of the arrest of this person. Seems he was Khmer.

"Summary: The 25-year-old cambodian, known only as Ping, was arrested today by police at Koh Lan, a popular day trip destination off Pattaya. He is being accused of intimidation and will almost certainly be deported once he has served a jail term, which could be as much as three years."

http://www.manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9570000102418

Edited by emanphoto
  • Like 2

So - they arrest a hired thug .. a Cambodian ... and unless one lives under a rock ... the next ? question is WHO did he work for? And after that - what will be done to those who hired him and told him his job was to go out an intimidate tourists ladies ? I hope the current government flogs a who bunch of those who are responsible ... not just the hired thug.

They need to do something because the overall experience for the holidaymaker is smashing the granny out of the tourist industry.

Well I can fully understand the guy trying to move the lady on to a paid chair.

He is doing it in the name of discomfort and floggers efficiency. In the chair, the crap floggers can pester you every 27 seconds, non-stop until you have had enough and just go back to the hotel. If they allowed people to just sit on the beach like this lady is doing then the efficiency would drop to pestering people every 45 seconds or if free beach sitting caught on, maybe every 2 minutes. This would hurt the salaries of the floggers, create many unhappy floggers and end up hurting the economy because after all the floggers turn around and spend the profits.

Consequently, the actions are in the best interest of the country.

coffee1.gif

I saw the same on Pattaya beach a few days ago, the guy just got up and left and there was no drama, but the funny thing is that the guy who asked him to go is just a down and out with no friends who bums 20b of the ladies all day, hes trying to impress the jetski mafia, maybe it gives them a purpose in life

but really. they arent the only people that travel all the way to Thailand just to pretend that they are policemen

OK here is the story of the arrest of this person. Seems he was Khmer.

"Summary: The 25-year-old cambodian, known only as Ping, was arrested today by police at Koh Lan, a popular day trip destination off Pattaya. He is being accused of intimidation and will almost certainly be deported once he has served a jail term, which could be as much as three years."

http://www.manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9570000102418

This happened almost a year ago, the man is wearing full facial covering, and we're now told who he is ( conveniently Cambodian)and that he will be prosecuted. Not buying it.

This chap just got off a more serious charge in order for a face saving maneuver. Ye ol' switcheroo.

• Like 2

the clip was on Thai news today and the wife said that it was explained that it was from last year and the guy hassling the woman was Cambodian and he'd been sacked a long time ago, also the beach umbrellas were also gone as the military had already cleared it. .......... up to you prove different to Thai news .........

Yeah .. He's Burmese.

He just says he's sorry, some words are hard to make, but it seems he was instructed by the owner of the deck chairs to go move the lady.

Then they should bloody well take the deck chair operators license away for life. See how they like that.

• Like 1

The local administration can not handle the thousands of problems what make life not lifeworth here!

You see how farangs are always throwing themselves out of balconies.

Still, I do manage some moments of enjoyment here in Pattaya. wink.png

• Like 1

Yeah .. He's Burmese.

He just says he's sorry, some words are hard to make, but it seems he was instructed by the owner of the deck chairs to go move the lady.

Then they should bloody well take the deck chair operators license away for life. See how they like that.

I think they did; didn't they? Aren't all the deck chairs and umbrellas gone or am I misinformed?

Edit to add. Sorry I just looked that was Phuket where they cleaned up Surin beach.

Edited by thailiketoo