Children not packed like sardines, Thai school bus driver claims

webfact

A school bus is a luxury. In my day we had to walk 10 miles through the snow to get to school, with nothing more than a stale crust for lunch ... before trudging home again.

I am trying to reply to you but sorry,my eyes are full with tears and I cannot see to type

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A school bus is a luxury. In my day we had to walk 10 miles through the snow to get to school, with nothing more than a stale crust for lunch ... before trudging home again.

Walk to school? You was lucky... we yurs to crawl to school through mud an puddles with nout but crusty cold semolina porridge for lunch.The edmaster woz stand over us with snooker cue saying, 'eat every last piece of stodge you ungrateful sissies, there's kids in Africa who'd die for a plate of this'

Aye, they would have, god knows how we survived, but we woz happy.

School!!! Aw you looky buggers, when I were a lad my old man sent me straight to work 'ouse at half past five int mornin'. We had to catch our own food if we wanted the luxury of eatin'. Cockroaches, mice and an occasional fat rat if we was lucky. School, you dunno 'ow lucky you was.

But we managed a smile even when we was walkin' five miles 'ome at nine at night in't pourin' rain.sad.png .

Right. We had to get up half an hour before we went to sleep, pay the mill owner to let us work there for 18 hours a day, and when we got home in the evening our father would murder us in cold blood and dance upon our graves singin 'allelujah.

Course these kids today have it easy..

• Like 1

Of course the driver would claim only 12 - presumably that's the number of sests and therefore the legal max number of passengers.

The school I was at for a while (out in the sticks) packed them in - one day I saw the driver with a kid on his lap while driving!

Funny how this sort of thing is so wrong in BKK, just get out of the cities, where traffic moves faster and the school buses are bigger, kids have to ride on the roof... sad.png

attachicon.gifDSCN2400.JPG

[OK none on top in this photo, but if ever you you have been out in the sticks you would be blind not to see kids riding on top of these buses]

Was going to say the same thing , very common up my way for the older kids to sit on the roof and smoke so they can squash more of the smaller kids in the back,,,, Schools should be held responsible..

and I'm fully aware these guys work privately and not for the schools most of the time.

School bus driver all sh... and the most vans are not save and should deposited in the press..

Futher, he is a liar, cause I see them every day. All over any gov. and some private schools, as well. They are crowded with usually 25 to 30 kid.

where is Prayuth to bring some rules or a law to set up a safe standard for school vans.

• Like 1

Walk to school? You was lucky... we yurs to crawl to school through mud an puddles with nout but crusty cold semolina porridge for lunch.The edmaster woz stand over us with snooker cue saying, 'eat every last piece of stodge you ungrateful sissies, there's kids in Africa who'd die for a plate of this'

Aye, they would have, god knows how we survived, but we woz happy.

School!!! Aw you looky buggers, when I were a lad my old man sent me straight to work 'ouse at half past five int mornin'. We had to catch our own food if we wanted the luxury of eatin'. Cockroaches, mice and an occasional fat rat if we was lucky. School, you dunno 'ow lucky you was.

But we managed a smile even when we was walkin' five miles 'ome at nine at night in't pourin' rain.sad.png .

Right. We had to get up half an hour before we went to sleep, pay the mill owner to let us work there for 18 hours a day, and when we got home in the evening our father would murder us in cold blood and dance upon our graves singin 'allelujah.

Course these kids today have it easy..

You LUCKY BASTARDS ....

• Like 2

You forgot to mention it was uphill and against the bitter wind coming and going.

Edited by impulse

Ya looks like a bunch of discarded backpacks to me, don't see any kids with them on, driver must have been right, only 12 kids in the van, not over crowded at all, wait just a second there is a kid attached to a backpack, oh wait there is another, and another, oh and yet another, now looks to be about 25 or so kids in the van, oh but can't be, the driver wouldn't lie, now would he???????

• Like 1

In shorts too & were grateful for it

Shorts? you wuz lucky,we yersed to wear Chinese jock straps cooked in chip fat on a greasy Sunday afternoon as we crawled to skool...

sill we woz happy for less is more....