Security tightened at Thai Government House

webfact

Security tightened at Government House
By Digital Content

14101435272290.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 8 -- With only two days left before new Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha starts his work at Government House, a large number of police officers, bomb disposal experts and trained dogs early Sunday searched buildings inside the compound as well as outside to make sure that no suspicious objects were left before the new government leader starts working there.

Just-refurbished buildings such as the Santi Maitree and the Thai Kufa buildings were inspected thoroughly because many workers had been on the site.

No suspicious objects were found, but security officials will conduct another inspection including tests of telephone systems on Monday.

Officials and staff working for the deputy prime ministers and the minister attached to the prime minister’s office may inspect their offices today.

Gen Prayuth, also leader of the National Council for Peace and Order which seized power on May 22, will hold his first cabinet meeting at Government House tomorrow. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-08

• Like 1

Certainly if one views the comments by the exiled leader and his little tin soldiers exhorting others ( the pawn foot soldiers) to violence which we have seen evidence of on a number of occasions this is indeed timely and a wise precaution to defend the building, grounds and the occupants from the internal domestic and international terrorist activity scene that seems to currently prevail in our world.

Edited by siampolee

Prbkk post # 3

That dog looks ready to rip someone's throat out...

Do not be deceived by looks Prbkk.

Many a year back when I was but a young plodlet (around 1967 ish) I had occasion to go to assist a fellow officer on the market square in Bedford where about 6 of the local lads were getting a bit out of hand.

I arrived at the same time as the dog van and the handler and his dog got out lovely Labrador as I remember the lads got mouthy and called the dog and the handler and dog went to the lads on its lead with the handler and was as soft as tripe with the lads.

Well mighty mouths kicked in and the handler warned the lads, lots of mouth and abuse, second warning obscenities etc. Handler slipped the leash and dog went to work.

Never ever before or in fact since have I ever seen a bunch of lads move so fast,the rate at they clambered up John Bunyans statue was worthy of an Olympic Gold Medal for speed climbing. The upshot was the Maria arrived and of went the chastened lads, Saw them later back at the nick, so contrite lesson learnt and no further action taken.As I recall the station sergeant on duty at that time was sergeant Kirby,.big fellow who had his own way of putting people back on the right path, hence the contrite attitude.

One good dog was worth four plods

No P.C. in those days.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Yeah, those explosive "sniffer dogs" are very dangerous, best steer clear if you see any.

The Army "attack dogs" on the other hand (typically Alsatians, Dobermans, Rottweilers etc), these are cute as pie and love to be stroked, so go right ahead when you see any. Ignore any growling, hackles raised, bared teeth, fur standing on end etc, it just means they are very pleased to see you and want to make friends.

Certainly if one views the comments by the exiled leader and his little tin soldiers exhorting others ( the pawn foot soldiers) to violence which we have seen evidence of on a number of occasions this is indeed timely and a wise precaution to defend the building, grounds and the occupants from the internal domestic and international terrorist activity scene that seems to currently prevail in our world.

So we have Thaksin telling his supporters to allow the junta to do their work with no interference and you bring up divisive comments like the above. But then again, your little rant is against Thaksin and the UDD, so no doubt it will get the junta punters falling over themselves to agree.

• Like 2

Prbkk post # 3

Do not be deceived by looks Prbkk.

Many a year back when I was but a young plodlet (around 1967 ish) I had occasion to go to assist a fellow officer on the market square in Bedford where about 6 of the local lads were getting a bit out of hand.

I arrived at the same time as the dog van and the handler and his dog got out lovely Labrador as I remember the lads got mouthy and called the dog and the handler and dog went to the lads on its lead with the handler and was as soft as tripe with the lads.

Well mighty mouths kicked in and the handler warned the lads, lots of mouth and abuse, second warning obscenities etc. Handler slipped the leash and dog went to work.

Never ever before or in fact since have I ever seen a bunch of lads move so fast,the rate at they clambered up John Bunyans statue was worthy of an Olympic Gold Medal for speed climbing. The upshot was the Maria arrived and of went the chastened lads, Saw them later back at the nick, so contrite lesson learnt and no further action taken.As I recall the station sergeant on duty at that time was sergeant Kirby,.big fellow who had his own way of putting people back on the right path, hence the contrite attitude.

One good dog was worth four plods

No P.C. in those days.

"One good dog was worth four plods"

Couldn't agree with you more.

fab 4 post # 9

So we have Thaksin telling his supporters to allow the junta to do their work with no interference and you bring up divisive comments like the above. But then again, your little rant is against Thaksin and the UDD, so no doubt it will get the junta punters falling over themselves to agree.

Now dear fabby why aren't you and your accomplices honouring and obeying your leaders orders?

Why do you and your accomplices still keep posting accolades concerning the dubious virtues of the Shinwatra clan ?

No doubt the current outbreak of conjunctivitis (Red Eye) has affected your vision thus you are unable to read your leaders orders.

Yet again we see clearly the double standard applied regarding free speech by the Shinwatra clan Messiah.

Don't blame the junta for the Messiahs comments and orders.

Maybe they need to install some additional a state of the art CCTV which is on a par with those at the White House. Hmm a budget of about 500 mill should suffice. After installation the negotiation and tender process can be undertaken.

Perhaps they could be sited next to the synchronised clocks throughout the building!!!

Yes, I did say clocks!

Of course Thaksin only ever speaks the truth, no lies or intent to mislead.

" I will return from Beijing", "I am finished with politics", "I will be there with you when the first shots are fired" etc etc etc

• Like 1

Personally I would be more concerned about end of gravy train of corruption in all sorts of bureaucratic and business areas far more than "the fugitive". Lots of those I would think would like to see PM end his "reign of law" and go back to the good old days style of rapine.

John Steinbeck drove around the US for a spell and tells of it in the book Travels with Charlie. Charlie is his poodle.

When entering one of the national parks, the ranger told him to keep the dog on a leash, and keep him away the bears. Steinbeck laughed, saying this dog was probably the biggest wuss in the world. At one point they did see a bear while driving around, and the dog bared his and went nuts, Steinbeck thought he would bust through the window to get at it! Imagine his surprise.

Always must consider the hard feelings of the missunderstood fugitive and his lot. After all the present government took away his big toy. And some of his pawns may be put in prison.

Why don't you let it rest. Did you say anything when the yelows did the same thing??????