Loy Kroh Bars closing?

kalbo123

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the boxing ring / arcade might become the centre of sin. The guy that told me was a bar owner in there....lol.... Tried to convince me NOW was the time to buy, with the moat end bars closing down soon. Looking at his 'wife' who was clearly part of the scene when he was not around, I could tell he was one sharp cookie. So if you wanna part with half a million for a shack with no title deed get into the boxing arcade real quick. Lol. LMAO

• Like 2

I heard the boxing ring / arcade might become the centre of sin. The guy that told me was a bar owner in there....lol.... Tried to convince me NOW was the time to buy, with the moat end bars closing down soon. Looking at his 'wife' who was clearly part of the scene when he was not around, I could tell he was one sharp cookie. So if you wanna part with half a million for a shack with no title deed get into the boxing arcade real quick. Lol. LMAO

Funny, I heard they want to close the boxing ring as well....

Again, not that I care... but I am sure there some perverts getting nervous now.

The Junta has declared no bars within 200m of any temple.

That's most of the bars in LK gone, and many of the bars around MoonMuang Soi 1/2 (CU Corner, Lost Hut, Mandalay, etc.)

Not sure if it affects restaurants, if it does that will be Tiger in town and Dash gone too.

Lots of changes on the way, gotta love the Junta cleaning up Thailand for everyone.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Funny, I heard they want to close the boxing ring as well....

Again, not that I care... but I am sure there some perverts getting nervous now.

that's a positive step

you certainly dont want to get battered around the ring up there..........and I dont mean by the boxers!

• Like 1

The law about bars not being allowed within, what I thought was 100 metres of a temple has been on the books for years, as has not being able to build above a certain height within 100 metres of a temple, which is enforced.I've lost count of how many times the 'they're not renewing licences' story has resurfaced but these are different times so maybe one day it will be true.

Certainly girlie bars, massage parlours and late night revelry close to a temple does seem to be a bit of a clash and I know that in the past when Loco Elvis was open late with drunken Karaoke singers really belting out the numbers I did think it was a bit insensitive considering the closeness of the local temple. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of Karaoke. When I went there once for a beer and the Karaoke started I couldn't get out quick enough.

I also heard this latest rumour about Loi Kroh and that the old Peak Climbing Wall plot on Changklan road would become a new bar area. We'll see.

I heard, that the bars on Loy Kroh road don't get a new license anymore as soon as the old one is expired!

That rumor has been making the rounds for many years and has never come true. I suppose the military government might actually do it, but I would not count on it.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

The law about bars not being allowed within, what I thought was 100 metres of a temple has been on the books for years, as has not being able to build above a certain height within 100 metres of a temple, which is enforced.I've lost count of how many times the 'they're not renewing licences' story has resurfaced but these are different times so maybe one day it will be true.

Certainly girlie bars, massage parlours and late night revelry close to a temple does seem to be a bit of a clash and I know that in the past when Loco Elvis was open late with drunken Karaoke singers really belting out the numbers I did think it was a bit insensitive considering the closeness of the local temple. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of Karaoke. When I went there once for a beer and the Karaoke started I couldn't get out quick enough.

I also heard this latest rumour about Loi Kroh and that the old Peak Climbing Wall plot on Changklan road would become a new bar area. We'll see.

Drove by it today. They have two buildings going up with I believe it is 3 units in each. None of them would be big enough for a bar. I doubt they are big enough to put a pool table in all by it's self. Just glanced at them. Next time I will take a better look.

I love the relocation idea. Move it all up near 1001. I wouldn't want to live next to it, but I am sure they could find an appropriate area on a side street.

On the other hand...it seems many younger guys go to these places. Anyways...out of the way is better than none at all.

Cheer up...there is still a big bar area by Tawan Daeng. Some Coyote and late night bars...just behind Nimmenheimen, and a small area for younger thai's behind Tesco Lotus down near that flower market street.

I like the playfulness of the girls on Loi kroh.... hope they manage to keep an area open with some of these beer bars...at least a few.

I love the relocation idea. Move it all up near 1001. I wouldn't want to live next to it, but I am sure they could find an appropriate area on a side street.

On the other hand...it seems many younger guys go to these places. Anyways...out of the way is better than none at all.

Cheer up...there is still a big bar area by Tawan Daeng. Some Coyote and late night bars...just behind Nimmenheimen, and a small area for younger thai's behind Tesco Lotus down near that flower market street.

I like the playfulness of the girls on Loi kroh.... hope they manage to keep an area open with some of these beer bars...at least a few.

Coyote bars near Tawan Daeng? More info please!

The bar on the other side of canal road often has girls on the outside tables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRz-iTnzws I think this one is in the complex of bars with Tawan Daeng

another one just north of Riverside Pub and Goodtime Bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRz-iTnzws I think this one is in the complex of bars with Tawan Daeng

another one just north of Riverside Pub and Goodtime Bar

I'm not sure where or when that video was made, but I didn't see anything that looked like a current place in the Tawan Daeng area.

The only places I can think of in the Tawan Daeng area (between Nimmanhamin soi's 6 and 8) big enough for the stage shown are Tawan Daeng, Infinity and Maldives. I've never seen coyotes in Tawan Daeng or Maldives; they may have them on occasion but not on a regular basis. I've never been in Infinity, someone else will have to cover that.

The bar on the other side of canal road often has girls on the outside tables.

Thanks, I'll look for that. I'd prefer something closer to Nimmanhamin and in walking distance of my condo. Crossing Canal road on foot after a night of drinking, when many of the speeding drivers have also been drinking, doesn't appeal to me. But if the place looks promising I may spring for a tuk-tuk.

1600 Baht to the website to get the addresses of these places, some of which have probably been closed for years? Right.... (It even says on one of the recommendations "closed now".

Someone is making some easy cash....1600 via Paypal for bum leads....

I've been down Soi 6 during the daytime, and it looked like a mix of a nightclub or two, and a beer garden or two...lots of space back there. One was "Sugar Beat," and there is a bar by the same name in Chiang Rai. I don't think any of it is short time or bar fine, but may be lady drinks, and the younger crowd....maybe more like Warmup Pub, with more Thainess. Looked like it could be OK; you are very close to CMU there. If anyone finds a good promo; please let us know. 5 large Leo for 199, now requires you get there by 19:19. Still pretty good. About a dozen drinkers in there at 1900 on a Tuesday night, and that's about a dozen more than many places had at that time. More like 60, when I left at 10pm.

Edited by Thighlander

I spoke with the British owner of one of the largest bars in the Loi Kroh Entertainment Complex. I asked him about the rumours that the place was being closed down. He said it is nonsense, a persistent rumour that resurfaces periodically. He has heard nothing from the police, management, et al.

I spoke with the British owner of one of the largest bars in the Loi Kroh Entertainment Complex. I asked him about the rumours that the place was being closed down. He said it is nonsense, a persistent rumour that resurfaces periodically. He has heard nothing from the police, management, et al.

Did he offer to sell for half a million? Bargain for a shack with no title.