Top 3 Places to Visit in Thailand

EmmaH

Too broad a question for too broad an audience.

Nightlife and entertainment

Pattaya, pubs, bars, falang food, thai food, discos, etc.

Patong Phuket

Bangkok. Too many places to list.

Peacefulness

Sukhothai. Quiet and serene

Karon Beach Phuket. Great swimming. Giant White Buddha overlooking beach tells you that you are in a far away land

Zoo at Khon Khan. Quite nice actually. not much in the city but if traveling to the Northeast it is worth a stop.

Tourist Things

Bangkok Dusit Zoo

Nong Nooch Garden outside Pattaya

1,000,000 years crocodile park outside Pattaya

Ko Samet night barbecues outside all the beachside small hotels down the South East Coast get honorable mention. Fun little places with 1/2 day snorkel tours, clean beaches, quiet at night

• Like 2

Depends what you like, too many to list..

1. White Temple in Chang Rai.

2. Some lovely Beaches in Phuket, plus visit the Big Buddha Phuket, amazing views from there of the island...

3. Royal Palace In Bangkok, and various other Museums in Bangkok.

Like I said, lots and lots to see and do, just depends what rocks your boat..

• Like 2

Sad to say but for many it seems to be Siam Paragon, Terminal 21, and Emporium.

While they are not my "top three", if someone considers them so, it doesn't affect me and it's their choice.

Sadness for me would be the absence of choice and individuality.

• Like 1

2. Some lovely Beaches in Phuket, plus visit the Big Buddha Phuket, amazing views from there of the island...

White Temple in Chaing Rai was badly effected by the earthquake in May. No one allowed in now. Add Doi Inthonon to list.

Judging by the requests for information asked by TOURISTS on TripAdvisor Forum Thailand, it would appear that for them it is:

1. Bangkok

2. Chiangmai

3. Phuket or Samui.

Sadly they have no or little interest in places such great as anywhere in the whole of Isaan, Kanchanaburi, the whole of the north except CM, Chiangrai, Pai, MHS, the South except the islands.

• Like 1

1- Sawan Park in Nakhon Sawan , at 05.30 am or 05.30 pm, wen the park is full of activities, because, where you can see elderly people dance real Tango at 05.30 am. or 05.30 pm wen 70 and 80 years old, singing Karaoke, but the old classic Thai songs, and having a good time.

2- Klong Prao beach in Koh Chang or Klong Dao beach in Koh Lanta

3- Paisalee, the Sante Asoke community, where you can experience what Bhuddism realy means. No preaching, no tempel, no statues, no tambuns.

White Temple in Chaing Rai was badly effected by the earthquake in May. No one allowed in now. Add Doi Inthonon to list.

Strange?? I was there 4 days after the quake and the temple was booming with tourists ...All I seen was a few tiles that had fallen down , even though the press was saying it was destroyed .So did you read it in the press and actually go there to see it for yourself.

• Like 1

If you want some of the best seafood ever and a nice riverboat ride go to "Talat Nam Wat Dorn Wai" in Nakkon Pathon about 1.5 hours south of Bkk. I have also found Prachuap Kiri Khan and Hua Hin areas very beautiful, lovely national parks and waterways and great food. In Issan you can go to Khong Chiam three color river (Ubon province) and around this area they have ancient rock paintings (Paa Tem) and a slower more peaceful way of life in the surrounding towns. Careful around the rivers do not do rock jumping from one side to the other as the water levels rise quick and you could find yourself stranded in a very precarious situation.

I wont claim these are the "best" but visiting friends always say they are among the highlights of their trip.

Not cheap but negotiate a "Longtail" boat on the Chao Phraya and tour the interior Klongs (canals) off the main river...a beautiful experience of the way Bangkok used to be Usually about B1500 an hour...make sure canal lock waiting time is not included in hour.

Wat Phra Keow/ Royal Palace. Yes..packed with tourists but still one of the most dazzling places on the planet...worth the shameful double pricing. Wear long pants.

Take note...: ANY Thai who initiates a conversation nearby will be looking to get into your wallet, one way or another.

Yaowarat (Chinatown) on a Sunday. Packed with people but fascinating with some of the most amazing street food anywhere.

City - Bangkok go see what you want to see not want other people have seen (check out the back streets, see a little on the underside of Bangkok and not the view from the Sky train)

Chiang Mai - visit many of the temples around the city and sample the night markets, chill out with a nice meal on the river.

Beach - Rayong, chill out on the hardly any tourists and great sea food (unless you want nightlife, then go to one of the tourist islands)

Thailand has so much to offer but you need to find it yourself live your own experiences and tell your own stories when you return home.

ENJOY!!

I visited the White Temple in June of this year. Although there was some earthquake damage, inside was open to the public and is still worth the visit!

• Like 1

Khao Yai national park by bicycle or motor bike. Empty roads, cheap hotel rates, only a few (mainly farang) tourists, cool weather, although sometimes a bit overcast and wet, but that brings out the smells and the vegetation.

• Like 1

Sad to say but for many it seems to be Siam Paragon, Terminal 21, and Emporium.

The Emporium is a dreadful place, I had to keep asking people for directions on how to get back out again. some of those shopping malls in Bangkok are an absolute disaster, in one shopping mall (I forget which one) I got to the top of the stairs, the stairs to go back down were away at the other end of the floor.

Why can't some shopping malls in Bangkok be like the Central Plaza in Phitsanulok? The up and down stairs are next to each other, no problem getting from one floor to the next, and easy to find your way around.

• Like 1

It was open 17 July. Some external building/s gone, temple slight damage. take sunglasses! even on an average day it is dazzling.

Edited by farangforever

I've by no means seen all there is too see but in the few years that I've been lucky enough to visit Thailand these are my top 3 places.

Koh Lipe

post-130171-14104218090267_thumb.jpg

Koh Phi Phi viewpoint

post-130171-14104218788332_thumb.jpg

Doi Suthep - Chiang Mai

post-130171-14104219559417_thumb.jpg

There are of course plenty of other places that are just as worth a visit. I would suggest you decide which regions you want to visit in the time you have and be sure to research the best places to see within those.