Selling Thai domain names

Richard-BKK

One of my Thai friends told me that I could sell a few of my domain.in.th domain names, which I not really use.

I already checked with thnic.co.th, they not promote selling a .th domain, but they have to apply with ICANN regulations (the global domain regulator) therefore you can transfer a domain by filling out several forms to transfer a .th domain to another owner.

As example I have the domain www.fake.in.th and my Thai friends say I should sell it easily for 20,000 THB...

So what people think? Is this worth something or not?

It's not a sub domain paul. It's a valid TLD.

As the other person said it's only valuable to someone who wants it. Because it's not a .co.TH it probably won't be worth much. It's almost comparable to a .me.UK

Put a for sale on it and your email for enquiries. Sit on it and try your luck.

Can't remember with .in.th domains if you have to (in initial registration) link to a "company", same as with .co.th domains.

If so, then you can't resell them.

I understood that .co.th domains must be linked to a company, but that they could be sold, however the paperwork and efforts were extraordinarily cumbersome and took months.

Can't remember with .in.th domains if you have to (in initial registration) link to a "company", same as with .co.th domains.

If so, then you can't resell them.

I understood that .co.th domains must be linked to a company, but that they could be sold, however the paperwork and efforts were extraordinarily cumbersome and took months.

.co.th domains for sure have to be registered to a limited/registered company in Thailand, and as far as I am aware they cannot then be transferred to any other person or company, only the company that registered the domain initially as that is the company it is linked to.

Your bigger problem is to find a customer first, then see if they will pay 20,000 baht. Some would rather spell "fake" in thai like "blaawm" or "plaawm" if they don't want to pay for a domain.

If you search Thai Webpage rankings, you will see that .net, .in.th, .co.th, .net extensions can all do well in Thailand.

I own www.winleap.com..If you wants to buy it let me know. I register in 2000 after knowing that Bill Gates owns Leap (a cell pone maker). I drop it and later was the domain of Microsoft Japan.They drop it and I got it again.....Ready to sell cheap.

hahahaha

some guy trying to sell fake as domain name ... who would be interested? the fake bag/jeans/watches/iphone sellers?

good start on the way to jail i would think if they ever start to enforce the law

did not see the thai publicity yet about : if you download/upload, police will/might come at your door ?