Boeing workers too scared to fly on Dreamliner...

krisb

Since we're into a gossip session, I heard that none of the pilots for any airline or Boeing will fly one of them. I also heard that none of the stewards will work on one.

I heard that no liquor manufacturer will allow any of its products on one.

I heard the no airport will allow one to take off or land. I heard that they have to be scrapped out right where they sit.

hahaha, I love the unobjective comments you always post every time something negative is posted about your beloved !

Love is well known to be blind...

The communications director, stepping in and stopping the interview, sort of gives cause for concern, in the clip on the video from the web link. sad.png

I idea behind this aircraft, lower cabin pressure, led interior lighting to reduce jet lag effect, larger cabin window's, lighter materials....the list goes on. But possible rushed in to service, due to the growing purchase's of Airbus aircraft.

Would i fly on one.........ermm.gif well I suppose yes, none have fallen from the sky yet, couple of ground firers, due to the battery problems, but yes.

• Like 1

So why are these concerns all focused on the "Dreamliner" and not on the other models currently in production at Boeing!

Stinks of publicity seeking by disgruntled employees -- hopefully EX employees.

Sure there were/are teething problems like any new model introduced by any manufacturer, this is not uncommon and I would not hesitate to fly on the B787.

I have flown a lot on different airplanes by Boeing including the 787, 777 and 747 for trips back and forth from Thailand to US. The 787 flies really well and I would much rather fly on it than a 747 that was designed in the 70's. The 787 just feels better when flying and is definitely more comfortable than an old worn out 747.

Is this the plane that uses a lot of glue in its construction?

even if it is special adhesive.

regards Worgeordie

It is fair to say that a few new technologies like glues and Li-Ion batteries seem to be being tested in actual flight conditions and having reults like cracking and fires which so far luckily have not led to death. A little less rushing would have seen some of these problems found before the plane was released and consequently given what could be a great plane a better chance of surviving more than one plane generation.

regards Worgeordie

Are you referring to the resin and bonding agents for carbon fiber? The same carbon fiber that they use on outer space missions?

Maybe it is used in outer space....but how much oxygen and water is there in outer space?

regards Worgeordie

Are you referring to the resin and bonding agents for carbon fiber? The same carbon fiber that they use on outer space missions?

Maybe it is used in outer space....but how much oxygen and water is there in outer space?

The point is that it is technology that was developed for the space program and now it is available on passenger planes. The space shuttles start on the ground the same way planes do. Aviation engineering is among the highest technology and most stringent safety requirements of anything built today. When you drive a car and slam on the brakes, you can thank aviation engineers for your ABS.

• Like 1

Their built in Washington - not exactly the penultimate place for clear headed or clear thnking/non druggie individuals.......I can very easily believe the drug accusations.....

That being said - maybe until now - I always felt better about flying on a Boeing built plane - but that could just have been US pride/bias - have flown a lot and still here.....so obviously am happy all the manufacturers pay attention to detail.....

Edited by pgrahmm

There is a lot of history to this article that goes unsaid, including the fact that Qatar Airways (and where is Al Jazeera based?) is trying to get a lower price for their 787s. As for me personally, I love to fly them, they are my favorite aircraft. Since they are pressurized so the cabin atmosphere feels like 6000' vs the normal 8000' I feel much better when I arrive.

• Like 2

Yes ....Al Jazeera English TV is broadcasting these days on this subject a program with hidden camera which confirms the headline : Boeing people can be heard expressing their worries.

Edited by fvw53

When I fly, it's generally on a Boeing 777-200/300 ER aircraft. My all-time favorite was flying on a Airbus 340-500/600 aircraft. I am just not sure I would fly on a 787 at this point yet. Too many issues supposedly solved, so I'm just not convinced at this time I personally would fly on one.

Since we're into a gossip session, I heard that none of the pilots for any airline or Boeing will fly one of them. I also heard that none of the stewards will work on one.

I heard that no liquor manufacturer will allow any of its products on one.

I heard the no airport will allow one to take off or land. I heard that they have to be scrapped out right where they sit.

Talk about bias on your part.rolleyes.gif

You posted this before the Al Jazeera documentary was even aired. At least try to have enough objectivity to watch the whole presentation before making such meaningless comments.I saw it last night and it was horrifying to say the least. This is an allegory of many things in America. Boeing has lost the plot. All in the name of cost-cutting. If Boeing had nothing to hide, why did they cut the interview short?

Edited by Asiantravel

There is a lot of history to this article that goes unsaid, including the fact that Qatar Airways (and where is Al Jazeera based?) is trying to get a lower price for their 787s. As for me personally, I love to fly them, they are my favorite aircraft. Since they are pressurized so the cabin atmosphere feels like 6000' vs the normal 8000' I feel much better when I arrive.

You have missed the point.

Some of these aircraft have been assembled in North Carolina, and Al Jazeera claim the same high standards haven't been kept in this alternative location compared to Seattle. As the workers that were recorded with cameras claim there is regular drug taking going on during lunch breaks and poor quality control inspection standards.

Also the person from the FAA who signed off on the final approval regarding the airworthiness of the plane retired shortly after and immediately started working as a lobbyist on behalf of the aircraft manufacturers pushing for more self-regulation.facepalm.gif

This whole thing stinks worse than a fish market.

Of course it will take time for anything to show up but in the future as these particular planes from North Carolina get older, anything can happen.

I wish people would stop quoting Al Jazeera. It is run and funded by the leaders of Qatar, which is a supporter of Hamas. Of course it would do anything and start any rumor to discredit the US. Not one Boeing Dreamliner has crashed.

Congress Goes After 'Frenemies' Turkey, Qatar
Lawmakers are threatening sanctions against US allies that support Hamas.

Sept. 10, 2014 | 3:25 p.m. EDT

" (US) Congress delivered its staunchest warning to date on Sept. 9 that Turkey and Qatar could face financial and other penalties if they continue to support Hamas and other US-designated terrorist organizations."

Read More

I wish people would stop quoting Al Jazeera. It is run and funded by the leaders of Qatar, which is a supporter of Hamas. Of course it would do anything and start any rumor to discredit the US. Not one Boeing Dreamliner has crashed.

" (US) Congress delivered its staunchest warning to date on Sept. 9 that Turkey and Qatar could face financial and other penalties if they continue to support Hamas and other US-designated terrorist organizations."

Read More

" Not one Boeing Dreamliner has crashed."

Unbelievable! Of course they haven't crashed –yet.

But come back in 5 or 10 years and we will see then. It seems like you are totally in denial of any possibility that people are taking drugs on the production line and the implications of that.

This shows the same kind of mindset as in another American aircraft manufacturing company which was recently exposed in a documentary on Australian International television services

(http://www.independent.com/news/2012/feb/16/ford-pinto-helicopters/)

Edited by Asiantravel

Read More

" Not one Boeing Dreamliner has crashed."

Unbelievable! Of course they haven't crashed –yet.

But come back in 5 or 10 years and we will see then. It seems like you are totally in denial of any possibility that people are taking drugs on the production line and the implications of that.

This shows the same kind of mindset as in another American aircraft manufacturing company which was recently exposed in a documentary on Australian International television services

(http://www.independent.com/news/2012/feb/16/ford-pinto-helicopters/)

Well, let's not listen to Hamas supporter Al Jazeera for a bit. Let's listen to a UK rag.

World's biggest super-jumbos must be GROUNDED, say engineers after cracks are found in the wings of three Airbus A380s
Cracks found in two Singapore Air super-jumbos, and one Qantas
Both airlines admit cracks, but say planes are safe
'We can't continue to gamble with lives' - engineer
Australian aircraft engineers have called for Airbus A380 - the world's biggest passenger aircraft - to be grounded, after Singapore Airlines and Qantas found cracks in the wings of their super-jumbos.
'We can't continue to gamble with people's lives and allow those aircraft to fly around and hope that they make it until their four-yearly inspection,' said Steve Purvinas, secretary of the Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association.
Both airlines, and Airbus, admitted that they had discovered cracks, but maintained that the aircraft were safe. In total, 67 Airbus A380s are in use worldwide, on seven airlines.The aircraft are in use by Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, Lufthansa, Korean Airlines and China Southern.

Forbes business magazine is not dismissing these allegations ermm.gif

While many of the concerns raised in the documentary are not new, there were two particularly disturbing aspects.This type of banter – if that’s what it is – is not typical on the plant floor at Boeing or any other plant I’ve ever visited both as a mechanic and as a Member of the NTSB.

The second aspect that I found disturbing was the Boeing public affairs officer interrupting the reporter’s interview of a Boeing official when the questions started honing in on some of the negative allegations its workers had made. Nothing looks worse for a company than to cut off an interview mid-question with the cameras rolling

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoglia/2014/09/10/documentary-questions-quality-and-safety-of-boeing-787/