Prayuth must walk the talk to vindicate public faith

webfact

Walk the Talk by all means , putting Thailand first is the step all the generals men must acknowledge , however I have my doubts that Thailand will be any better in the longer term than what it was twelve months ago , lets face it most Thai rules covering Immigration, Mining ,environment , law and so forth are back in the dark ages, most of the Thai establishment live in yester- year and most alarming is that quite a few dream of the return of the junta days , having confidence in a stacked bench full of yes men doesn't instil much enthusiasm,, prove me wrong General. coffee1.gif

Thailand is NOt as backward in the dark ages as you think. In Fact they are very lenient on Visa and Immigration rules enabling most of us to STAY here with apparent ease. LOOK AT WESTERN countries. Hard as hell to stay long term.

A country evolves and policies must continually change as they are. He will make mistakes and he will do good. All Governments do some good and some bad.

Nothing will be different but at least things are happening to evoke national interest again

Heard on BBC & CNN this morning that Amnesty International has accused the junta with serious abuses of human rights. These include torture, unlawful detentions, re-education camps for anyone who voices different opinions and general terror campaigns throughout the country. Very, very damning.

MARTIAL law... same rules apply in any country. Wooppee dooo

Walk the Talk by all means , putting Thailand first is the step all the generals men must acknowledge , however I have my doubts that Thailand will be any better in the longer term than what it was twelve months ago , lets face it most Thai rules covering Immigration, Mining ,environment , law and so forth are back in the dark ages, most of the Thai establishment live in yester- year and most alarming is that quite a few dream of the return of the junta days , having confidence in a stacked bench full of yes men doesn't instil much enthusiasm,, prove me wrong General. coffee1.gif

Exactly, so much to be done and it's a massive task. A lot is being asked of the general and his junta.

Let's not forget he took this on himself, he didn't seek election.

You're correct, he didn't seek election he just simple elected himself. It was obviously and transparently his goal from the start. It's not that a lot is being asked of him and his chums, he set out his plans, nobody else, he now has to follow through and implement his plans. So far I've seen changes to visas, freedom of speech curtailed, press under wraps, martial law, motorbike taxis having to wear same coloured vests, beaches now devoid of facilities such as shade, water and toilets, talk that BKK city planning is rubbish and do something about it, installation of his military cronies in the new "government", accusations by amnesty of torture and re-education camps, taxis taken off the streets of Phuket with no viable alternative and the PM and his mates having a government meeting where the main focus of interest was the clothes they were wearing. A few people re-organized such as corrupt police being moved to different areas but not penalised...

Alwyn seem life is so bad here for you. The airports are still open... roads and access points at border crossings are still open. pensions await you. Bye Bye.

Exactly, so much to be done and it's a massive task. A lot is being asked of the general and his junta.

Let's not forget he took this on himself, he didn't seek election.

You're correct, he didn't seek election he just simple elected himself. It was obviously and transparently his goal from the start. It's not that a lot is being asked of him and his chums, he set out his plans, nobody else, he now has to follow through and implement his plans. So far I've seen changes to visas, freedom of speech curtailed, press under wraps, martial law, motorbike taxis having to wear same coloured vests, beaches now devoid of facilities such as shade, water and toilets, talk that BKK city planning is rubbish and do something about it, installation of his military cronies in the new "government", accusations by amnesty of torture and re-education camps, taxis taken off the streets of Phuket with no viable alternative and the PM and his mates having a government meeting where the main focus of interest was the clothes they were wearing. A few people re-organized such as corrupt police being moved to different areas but not penalised...

Alwyn seem life is so bad here for you. The airports are still open... roads and access points at border crossings are still open. pensions await you. Bye Bye.

yawn.... already gone, been in the Uk since May. The protests and subsequent coup bankrupted our business, we had to lay off 7 Thais who ironically were getting on buses to join in the protests as they were getting 500 baht or something. Far too young for a pension so working. When Thailand has a democratic government (and I really don't care which party as long as properly voted in) and is not in the grips of a dictator and martial law then I'll carry on my life as it was. I understand why people like you have to stay as you can't make your pension money stretch at home but fortunately that's not the case for me. I have strong ties to Thailand, a beautiful wife, a son in the Royal Thai Navy training college but my choice is not to live under a dictator.

Edited by Alwyn
  • Like 2

Thailand is NOt as backward in the dark ages as you think. In Fact they are very lenient on Visa and Immigration rules enabling most of us to STAY here with apparent ease. LOOK AT WESTERN countries. Hard as hell to stay long term.

A country evolves and policies must continually change as they are. He will make mistakes and he will do good. All Governments do some good and some bad.

Nothing will be different but at least things are happening to evoke national interest again

Tell that to all the Cambodians who fled not long after the coup ;) Visa rules for Farangs have been tightened in recent weeks as well.

Right of the bat the nay sayers are here. Have you not noticed that the immigration laws have already been tightened up and in affect since August 29. They also were told that their will be cases where their is good reason to not enforce them and to use discretion.

Yes he must walk the walk as best he can. That means no more promises to give every school kid a piece of junk or pay prices for rice that are unreasonable. e will have to be careful of what he promises and willing to straighten things out if they don't go by the book such as he has done with the immigration given them power of using discretion. Not like Thaksin if you think they are involved with drugs shoot them.

He has only a year to straighten things out and even that is not long enough as he has said After the next election their will still be much to do.

Despite martial law still being in effect, the press has proven it carries out its duty with responsibility to check the government, the NLA and the NCPO. Though the formation of National Reform Council is not yet completed, the press is closely scrutinising the NRC selection process because only when we get suitable NRC members, can the country get the reforms we badly need.

Suitable to who the press.

So far they have only been held back from reporting false news in the hopes of creating a split in Thailand. Now that Thaksin has released his scum they will be hard pressed to keep up to honorable reporting the Nation will be trying to go back to it's usual garbage. You know the kind that prints facts not false allegations designed to create disunity.

You can remember the Nation before the coup. That kind of nonsense.

Heard on BBC & CNN this morning that Amnesty International has accused the junta with serious abuses of human rights. These include torture, unlawful detentions, re-education camps for anyone who voices different opinions and general terror campaigns throughout the country. Very, very damning.

Don't get CNN but I do get BBC it is like watching Fox. Not sure but I think their man in Thailand get's all his information in a bar some place.

Who is Amnesty International. Another muck spreading organization with big pay checks who know the public wants to hear dirt?

What good have they done any one. Here they are trying to split up a honest hard working government. Who is benefiting from this. Have they talked with the Government about it. No just sit in their plush offices with their big pay checks and throw rocks.

They know what people like to hear and that is what they will give them.

Quite correct and thank you for highlighting the negativity that the Juna have to work through. The red shirts will do and say anything to discredit the exemplary work the good General Prayuth is and will continue to do. They are simply jealous due to their waning popularity.

Kritsuda Khunasen is the case that stand out in this report you refer to. A women that is a supporter of the UDD, a terrorist wind of the failed PTP. The UDD are not known for telling the truth and in fact twist stories to suit an agenda. They are not morally conscious and if they are not allowed to be responsible for moving the country forward they will discredit any attempt by anyone else to move it forward.

She was allegedly beaten with such veracity it was described as torture yet when she was released on the 24th of June she did not seek medical treatment, she did not photograph the bruising, she did not even travel to Singapore (she was allowed) to have a report from an independent medical professional that described the "torture" inflicted on her body. Nope. None of that. She waited nearly 2 weeks to report it AND with no evidence apart from her word that it happened. I am actually disappointed in her that she didn't state they nailed her too a cross, but then, there would have been life long evidence of that from the scars on her hands. She can only make up a story where evidence cannot be proven. That is the UDD way.

​So again thanks for highlighting the uphill battle the Junta have to face in their struggle against the shadowy terroristic red campaign of hate and fear. It certainly does show that the road ahead is not paved with roses.

​Good luck to the Junta and through the publ;ics overwhelming support and confidence I am sure they will succeed.

​May peace and reconciliation be with you.

You my friend are one scary person!

Yes, the truth hurts. I see when ever someone is faced by the truth I present there is no rebuttal. Just a condensation that does not address my post, but allows one to vent their frustration at the truth.

Come on? Rebut my post mate.

<EDIT> I'm scary, yet you support terrorists and an unelected, accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitive. Go figure. PTP logic yet again!

Why should the poster rebut your comment? You never addressed his post in your rant at all. It's called begging the question and obfuscation – infantile tactics at best. The poster stated that the BBC and had run a story on the junta that was damning. Your non-rebuttal, typical for you altogether, implied that anyone who would quote a news story you don't like as being a "red sympathizer" and " blah blah", which is a typical uninformed, blinders-locked-in-place, myopic yellow rant.

And then you challenged the poster to comment on your red herrings and subject changes as though they are worth rebuttal? I'm just making fun of you for fun—no one with more than two neurons to rub together takes your trolls seriously – but your vacuous comments do deserve a blithe measure of recognition in kind.

So, you are saying it's okay for those who support the junta to ignore all news stories they don't like, to embrace black-and-white thinking like it's a religion, and verbally slander and attack anyone who either disagrees or questions your assumptions, or worse, quotes news sources that contradict your position in no uncertain terms? Hogwash.

The BBC news sourced commentary from numerous individuals, not just one. The news quoted evidence you cannot address. The news quoted sources that they checked quite thoroughly before they printed it.

Obfuscation is for intellectual cowards.

"no one with more than two neurons to rub together takes your trolls seriously"

Bit more condescension heay? Cannot simply rebut anything I say heay?

I see Brucec64 liked your comment too. – Move away from the terrorists he said. Do not get involved in protests he said. Car accidents cause more deaths he said. Yet again, no rebuttal. Just a simple like for someone else that cannot rebut my comments.

​Come on. I dare you to rebut me without the typical UDD belittling….

Maybe try a bit of democracy!!!

Edited by djjamie

You present opinion unsupported by fact.

OK wonderful. I look forward to the report by the medical examiner that she was beaten as she stated and if she was I hope the military personal are held responsible to the full extent of the law.

Evidence anyone or as Utley stated "facts"?

<EDIT> Or do we just take the word of a UDD supporter?

To what "report by the medical examiner" are you referring?

The big issue here is the suspension of civil liberties. How in the world can you possibly justify that?

He asked you about a medical report. His article which you tried to belittle explained it very well why thins women would not make a complaint until it was to late to prove with medical evidence that she was tortured.

Why are you changing the subject now. Did the article shoot you down?

What good do you see coming out of an at it's best slip shod media by allowing them to try to cause disunity. Face it you are on the losing side. It is people like you complaining that the press is not allowed to print lies in the hopes of causing disunity. I hear no complaint from the people they are a lot happier. You won't admit it but I bet you feel safer in the streets now with the Martial law to protect you.whistling.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

Why should Thailand take any notice of Amnesty International? nobody else does, they are just a bunch of lefty liberal hand wringers.

And in further Fox "news" here is our correspondent in Texas; Jacky45

Imagine the brainless idiocy of people actually wasting their time working to improve human rights around the globe when their time could be better spent refuting Darwinism and fighting homosexuality!!!

• Like 1

Excellent article Khun Samudcha.

Loved this

Despite martial law still being in effect, the press has proven it carries out its duty with responsibility to check the government, the NLA and the NCPO

And the author will be pleased that the only item that this Thai reporter (who is living and working in under the Junta and Martial Law with its yet to be determined reforms and outcomes) has concerns about is the microphone corruption. And lets be honest here and call a spade a spade as looking at the prices involved between purchase price even with installation cost, the final purchase price which it now seems is yet again not the final price, stinks of corruption. So carry on the good work of reporting the PM and his cabinet work as he is walking the talk and has ordered a probe into the microphone corruption case.

Very little else to see or discuss in the rest of this thread. And thats after reading the very first reply and immediately seeing a lot are still having difficulty (perhaps they still only see the previous peoples court convicted fugitives criminals way as being normal governance so like a good mental health care nurse one has to be tolerant) with the Junta is not setting future reform, policy and direction which is the duty of the October elected NRC to do.

The rest of the thread like the recent Shins "fly us to the moon" vid looks like the usual flat earth, democracy is only elections, history is static pessimistic gathering.

Thankfully the General and now PM and his teams are in control and guiding the country forward for the betterment of all thai's as this item's reporter is seeing, living in and reporting on.

Edited by Roadman
  • Like 1

Quite correct and thank you for highlighting the negativity that the Juna have to work through. The red shirts will do and say anything to discredit the exemplary work the good General Prayuth is and will continue to do. They are simply jealous due to their waning popularity.

Kritsuda Khunasen is the case that stand out in this report you refer to. A women that is a supporter of the UDD, a terrorist wind of the failed PTP. The UDD are not known for telling the truth and in fact twist stories to suit an agenda. They are not morally conscious and if they are not allowed to be responsible for moving the country forward they will discredit any attempt by anyone else to move it forward.

She was allegedly beaten with such veracity it was described as torture yet when she was released on the 24th of June she did not seek medical treatment, she did not photograph the bruising, she did not even travel to Singapore (she was allowed) to have a report from an independent medical professional that described the "torture" inflicted on her body. Nope. None of that. She waited nearly 2 weeks to report it AND with no evidence apart from her word that it happened. I am actually disappointed in her that she didn't state they nailed her too a cross, but then, there would have been life long evidence of that from the scars on her hands. She can only make up a story where evidence cannot be proven. That is the UDD way.

​So again thanks for highlighting the uphill battle the Junta have to face in their struggle against the shadowy terroristic red campaign of hate and fear. It certainly does show that the road ahead is not paved with roses.

​Good luck to the Junta and through the publ;ics overwhelming support and confidence I am sure they will succeed.

When did you first come to the conclusion that fascism was for you?

No rebuttal heay? Avoiding the truth heay?

Evidence of torture maybe? Bruises maybe?

Well done on the condescension though. Typical UDD signature move.

Read back on all the rebuttals against me for 4 weeks.

Not one intelligent, articulate rebuttal. All dribble.

<EDIT> Address my post….Where is the evidence. Don't change the subject and belittle me..That is the UDD weak approach.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

You present opinion unsupported by fact.

OK wonderful. I look forward to the report by the medical examiner that she was beaten as she stated and if she was I hope the military personal are held responsible to the full extent of the law.

Evidence anyone or as Utley stated "facts"?

<EDIT> Or do we just take the word of a UDD supporter?

To what "report by the medical examiner" are you referring?

The big issue here is the suspension of civil liberties. How in the world can you possibly justify that?

He asked you about a medical report. His article which you tried to belittle explained it very well why thins women would not make a complaint until it was to late to prove with medical evidence that she was tortured.

Why are you changing the subject now. Did the article shoot you down?

What good do you see coming out of an at it's best slip shod media by allowing them to try to cause disunity. Face it you are on the losing side. It is people like you complaining that the press is not allowed to print lies in the hopes of causing disunity. I hear no complaint from the people they are a lot happier. You won't admit it but I bet you feel safer in the streets now with the Martial law to protect you.whistling.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

When faced with the truth the typical UDD supporters respond is belittle, condescend and denigrate. Heaven forbid they should address the issue.

That is why my children will never ever be in close association with terrorist supporters.

Yes brucec64…We could move away from the terrorist!!!

Edited by djjamie

When faced with the truth the typical UDD supporters respond is belittle, condescend and denigrate. Heaven forbid they should address the issue.

That is why my children will never ever be in close association with terrorist supporters.

Yes brucec64…We could move away from the terrorist!!!

Very late in Khon Kaen Jamie no?

O that`s right, you live in Australia :-)

Actually, her case does not stand out. She is probably lying, but what about the other cases? They did not "stand out" because you cannot so easily dismiss them.

Edited by FangFerang

Why should the poster rebut your comment? You never addressed his post in your rant at all. It's called begging the question and obfuscation – infantile tactics at best. The poster stated that the BBC and had run a story on the junta that was damning. Your non-rebuttal, typical for you altogether, implied that anyone who would quote a news story you don't like as being a "red sympathizer" and " blah blah", which is a typical uninformed, blinders-locked-in-place, myopic yellow rant.

And then you challenged the poster to comment on your red herrings and subject changes as though they are worth rebuttal? I'm just making fun of you for fun—no one with more than two neurons to rub together takes your trolls seriously – but your vacuous comments do deserve a blithe measure of recognition in kind.

So, you are saying it's okay for those who support the junta to ignore all news stories they don't like, to embrace black-and-white thinking like it's a religion, and verbally slander and attack anyone who either disagrees or questions your assumptions, or worse, quotes news sources that contradict your position in no uncertain terms? Hogwash.

The BBC news sourced commentary from numerous individuals, not just one. The news quoted evidence you cannot address. The news quoted sources that they checked quite thoroughly before they printed it.

Obfuscation is for intellectual cowards.

"no one with more than two neurons to rub together takes your trolls seriously"

Bit more condescension heay? Cannot simply rebut anything I say heay?

I see Brucec64 liked your comment too. – Move away from the terrorists he said. Do not get involved in protests he said. Car accidents cause more deaths he said. Yet again, no rebuttal. Just a simple like for someone else that cannot rebut my comments.

​Come on. I dare you to rebut me without the typical UDD belittling….

Maybe try a bit of democracy!!!

Every single one of your posts seems to be built around a punchline containing a mixture of the following words: terrorists, murderer, convicted, criminal, fugitive, UDD, PTP ...

It makes posting easy for you, I guess.

• Like 2

Why should Thailand take any notice of Amnesty International? nobody else does, they are just a bunch of lefty liberal hand wringers.

You are saying that because you have the freedom to say that. And it's quite right that you should have that freedom to express yourself, whatever your opinions may be.

Amnesty International speaks out for people who don't have that freedom.

My opinion is different from yours. I believe that you should learn to be more grateful for the good souls who support the freedoms, rights and privileges that you obviously grew up to enjoy. This would befit a character far fairer than one who insults those who campaign to keep those freedoms, rights and privileges in place here in Thailand.

Edited by Thanet
  • Like 1

Actually, her case does not stand out. She is probably lying, but what about the other cases? They did not "stand out" because you cannot so easily dismiss them.

If the other cases are so hard to dismiss why did they pick one that was so Easley dismissed to headline?

Amnesty International brings human rights problems into focus on the world stage. Most civilized countries DO pay attention to them - even the high and mighty U.S.

That is a problem with the supposed civilized countries. They pay attention to any thing negative no matter how groundless it is. Did you read the article? What did it say the NCPO reply was. No you did not. You simply reveled in joy because you saw a negative headline. One that was put out by an organization that has no information to base their article on. They are made up of a bunch of high paid people reading news papers and listing to gossip around the world and checking it against a check list they have.

They never have to leave their plush offices there is a world full of gullible people willing to pay them a ton of money to report negativity be it true or false.

Amnesty International brings human rights problems into focus on the world stage. Most civilized countries DO pay attention to them - even the high and mighty U.S.

That is a problem with the supposed civilized countries. They pay attention to any thing negative no matter how groundless it is. Did you read the article? What did it say the NCPO reply was. No you did not. You simply reveled in joy because you saw a negative headline. One that was put out by an organization that has no information to base their article on. They are made up of a bunch of high paid people reading news papers and listing to gossip around the world and checking it against a check list they have.

They never have to leave their plush offices there is a world full of gullible people willing to pay them a ton of money to report negativity be it true or false.

Yes, I did read the article. I found the NCPO responses to be ludicrous.

• Like 1