What is your favourite tipple in LOS?

hotsoup

Beer: Leo. Yes, light and generic, but it's an honest clean brew and won't do you too much harm. Check the date on the bottle/can - much better if <3 weeks old (and stored well, not that there's any way to know till you taste it).

Wine: Currently some boxed Italian red from Tesco. Surprisingly OK. In bottles, generally Chilean red or Oz white.

Spirits: Grouse, Teachers, Ballantine and several other good standard blends are very reasonable in Thailand. For a bit more, JW Black (ignore the snobs - it's a fine drop) or Glenmorangie. Or travel all the time, like I unfortunately have to, and collect so much duty-free stuff you'll spend the rest of your life drinking it.

OP, try Ouzo with ice.

The best drink, ever in any country and any climate.

Cheers......Yeia mas.

My nurse friend, Theodora, used to show up at my apartment after work, about midnight, with a bottle of Ouzo, and that tight white skirt (long ago), and do amazing things to my dangly bits involving the above mentioned libation, ice, and her ever-so-Greek charms.

Ouzo gets my vote.

• Like 1

For a very pleasant thirst quencher try Gilbeys Gin and Schweppes lemon soda. Lemon soda can be found at Makros and is known as "manao soda". Very nice on a hot day (or cold) and I can assure you that you will like it. I have many friends up my way enjoying it. In fact it was a bad move as now the lemon soda can be harder to find.

• Like 2

I buy Uncle Tom's vodka at BigC for 222 baht. Two fingers in the glass, with ice. Top with Schweppe's Tonic water and leave room for maybe one finger's worth of Chabaa pomelo juice, from Rimping Supermarket in Chiang Mai. That juice is naturally sweet, much better than any grapefruit juice I ever had back home.

For a very pleasant thirst quencher try Gilbeys Gin and Schweppes lemon soda. Lemon soda can be found at Makros and is known as "manao soda". Very nice on a hot day (or cold) and I can assure you that you will like it. I have many friends up my way enjoying it. In fact it was a bad move as now the lemon soda can be harder to find.

my local always has it and i drink it plain with ice. delicious

Hi, I'd like to drink gin more but it works out too expensive unless drinking it at home, so to be socialable I can tolerate 100 pipers with coke, it's tastes just like getting pished on coke, have tried soda at every ratio from 1 part to 300 parts and still much prefer thinking I'm getting pished on coke......so pipers and coke it is ?

Red Horse Beer

5464895968_8b3d41aab7_z.jpg

Never seen this beer before!

Is it a lager?...Where do you get it?

Believe me, you dont want to get it, its vile stuff, so vile in fact even your local motorcycle taxi drivers wont touch the stuff.

Usually see it in Lotus or Big C, never seen anyone actually buy it though.

If you though Archa was bad, you havent tried this crap.

It makes Cheers extra taste like a fine German brew.

It really is that bad, its so bad you have to try just to see for yourself.

• Like 2

Red Horse Beer

Believe me, you dont want to get it, its vile stuff, so vile in fact even your local motorcycle taxi drivers wont touch the stuff.

Perfect gift for my fil then :D

• Like 1

Red Horse Beer

Perfect gift for my fil then biggrin.png

Its an acquired taste smile.png but its suits my taste buds,, saying that I was brought up on strong shit me,, I don't like drinking pints of Piss thumbsup.gif