American falls to his death from 5/fl of Bangkok's Nana Hotel

webfact

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a seamen stained dump to meet your final demise in. Bad luck and R.I.P fella

I don't think the United States Navy ever stays there Jeremy.

But I am sure Master Bates and Captain Pugwash might have........Ohhh I am sure I saw four skin divers there too, maybe deep see diving or something like that.

I have a suspicion that not too many will understand the Captain Pugwash connection, used to be a favourite- not sure how the BBC got away with it - different times.

They didn't. It's a myth they were called those names. They were called master mate, Tom the cabin boy, pirate barnabus and willy.

Must be them ladyboys again.

Believe it or not, I once took refuge in the Nana Hotel while running away from a pack of big, angry ladyboys. They were after me because I warned a drunk farang in the soi that he was about to have his pocket picked by one of them. I used my knowledge of the hotel to my advantage, though: The ladyboys saw me go in the front door, but they didn't see me go out the back door. For the next three weeks I didn't leave my apartment in Soi Nana.

"Blocked inside his appartment for 3 weeks by scary ladyboys". Catchy headline. Could you get out after 3 weeks disguised in lady attire, flashy make up, sunglasses, wig and super high heels ?? I want -really - to make a movie with this scenario, focusing on the long introspection, solitude moments inside the closed curtained room.. and the spectacular escape.

Edited by Alainpm
  • Like 1

not good to speculate on what happens in darkness, sometimes a man jus wants to party but never knows if that nose candy has been stepped on - so many people go whacko when spiked with a little scopa, angels dust or maybe even shaboo all I can say is when u play with the devil u play with your life, sometimes it is not even drug but ladyboy slipping voodoo powder to u when u least suspect

God bless him

Yea to be honest I feel lucky with my spiking situation. Thing is with me it was early evening and I wasn't even partying, I was drinking a coke outside of a Burger King, then two middle aged Thai women sat in front of me sparked up a conversation. One said that her niece was coming soon and it was her birthday. After that I remember very little to say the least. I woke up in a random guesthouse with my laptop gone, my cards but they left my wallet, how kind. 60k also was gone from my account.

Went to the tourist police and they said that they work in gangs and move from town to town, used fake names at the guest house etc. Basically no chance of my stuff getting returned. So still under the effect of the rohypnol I returned to my place where my mate looked at me with horror and asked where the hell I had been. I spent the next day or so in bed still in a fog, lucky they didn't give me a fatal dose or kill me I guess.

How did they get your pin to withdraw the 60k with your cards?

Coincidentally I withdrew a lot from the kasikorn bank that day and was about to go home after that coke

not good to speculate on what happens in darkness, sometimes a man jus wants to party but never knows if that nose candy has been stepped on - so many people go whacko when spiked with a little scopa, angels dust or maybe even shaboo all I can say is when u play with the devil u play with your life, sometimes it is not even drug but ladyboy slipping voodoo powder to u when u least suspect

God bless him

Yea to be honest I feel lucky with my spiking situation. Thing is with me it was early evening and I wasn't even partying, I was drinking a coke outside of a Burger King, then two middle aged Thai women sat in front of me sparked up a conversation. One said that her niece was coming soon and it was her birthday. After that I remember very little to say the least. I woke up in a random guesthouse with my laptop gone, my cards but they left my wallet, how kind. 60k also was gone from my account.

Went to the tourist police and they said that they work in gangs and move from town to town, used fake names at the guest house etc. Basically no chance of my stuff getting returned. So still under the effect of the rohypnol I returned to my place where my mate looked at me with horror and asked where the hell I had been. I spent the next day or so in bed still in a fog, lucky they didn't give me a fatal dose or kill me I guess.

Had my drink spiked 3-4 years ago; in a bar in "The Plaza". I came back from the bathroom and stupidly took a sip of my drink; it tasted thicker than I would expect. I wondered if someone had spat in the drink or something; so left it. My nose bled for 2 days; every time I would sleep I would wake up and my pillow covered in blood; every time I would shower my nose would bleed endlessly. I never felt wasted or passed out; but wonder if I got lucky.

Another time (after the above) I came back from the bathroom and found my drink had been tampered with (after the above I thought up a way to tell if my drink was as I left it) and refused to drink it. When I refused and staff were "super insistent" I finish the one I had before I bought a new one (where does that ever happen in Thailand!); a few of the waiter and dancing staff just burst out laughing.. apparently they were so surprised that the silly Farang was so lucky!

Spiking drinks is common; especially when you drink with people you do not know - the first instance I was drinking in a bar a friend worked in; but she had since changed bars and it was under new management. I should have messaged her before coming into town to let her know but I wanted it to be a "surprise" - we like to eat together at the end of her work night. The second time; was a bar I had never been to before down a dark alleyway on my first and last trip to Pattaya during the last lot of floods. Here I was thinking I was escaping the dampness problems in Bangkok..

wow nose bleeds... maybe coincidence or not, but that I have never had with tranquilizers taken with knowledge or spiked, so what they gave you I have no idea... Sounds rough though and glad you got out alive. Like I said they could have easily raped or killed me (male rape is a thing) and I would not have known, so I was lucky. And this wasn't even Bangkok, but Hua HIn, the proudest place in the Kingdom according to someone.AND as I mentioned I wasn't even at a bar, I was drinking a coke on the outside part of a Burger King

Quote: "I have a suspicion that not too many will understand the Captain Pugwash connection, used to be a favourite- not sure how the BBC got away with it - different times".

They didn't it was a spoof version put out by an Aussie mob which used the derogatory names, Seaman Staines, Roger The Cabin boy etc.

This is my Uncle. He was a military man. A retired Officer. He gets up that early. He was a father and probably the best man I have ever known. Shame on all of you, in my grief I looked for answers and the first thing I found was this forum. May you never experience what you have just done to me.

I really find a lot of posts just disgusting. Did you not read this post, before posting some shitty speculations?

Sorry, for your loss. Hope he'll rest in peace. Whatever happened to him.

Edited by lostinisaan

This is my Uncle. He was a military man. A retired Officer. He gets up that early. He was a father and probably the best man I have ever known. Shame on all of you, in my grief I looked for answers and the first thing I found was this forum. May you never experience what you have just done to me.

I think I speak for many here and am frustrated with the scanty reporting, and hope that authorities will do at least a half-decent job of finding what really happened. It's likely it involved foul play, and most of us want any culprits brought to trial. However, the seediness of the people in that area and the ineptitude of Thai cops make a the possibility of an investigation remote.
  • Like 2

In 1968 a few friends and myself were spending the weekend in Bangkok away from our normal base of Camp Vayama, Sattahip.

We were somewhat under the weather and ended up on the 5th floor of the Nana Hotel trying to urinate on people walking in.

The management took exception to this and informed us that we were no longer welcome.

We told them when we left that we would never do business with them again. I have kept that promise.

The only connection with this tragedy is that we were all American and on the 5th floor. But what the hell, I like telling that story.

If it were me telling that tale, I would omit the fact that we were Americans. I wonder what your reaction would have been upon entering the hotel to receive a golden shower before you even reached your room.

Americans, on the whole, are a bunch of decent folks, too bad you seem to be the exception.

Give him a break jeezus it was 50 years ago, and they were on a footy trip... boys will be boys. God some of you guys are precious.

Word on the soi: he was having a drink in the early hours with a lady at or near Bar 4. Her boyfriend took exception. Backed with 3 buddies the fight began and continued at Nana Hotel. It was 4 on 1. One man is dead and Bar 4 is closed for a week.

• Like 1