Address confirmation letter from immigration

geoffphuket

Hi guys

It's time to renew my 5 year driving licences (car and bike). To save time at the immigration office, does anyone know if/what form has to be completed (download link appreciated) - and if they want photos for the address confirmation letter....and is the service free, or is that at the discretion of the officer you're sat in front of. 555

Cheers.

There is a form to be filled out for the Certificate of Residence.

Phuket immigration just introduced a new form for this.

Besides that the form, copies from your passport are required and proof of your address. (housebook, rental agreement etc )

One picture per certificate is required and the unofficial fee is 300 Baht.

• Like 1

There is a form to be filled out for the Certificate of Residence.

Phuket immigration just introduced a new form for this.

Besides that the form, copies from your passport are required and proof of your address. (housebook, rental agreement etc )

One picture per certificate is required and the unofficial fee is 300 Baht.

Thanks for that. Do you know if there's a download link for the new form?

I remember being asked for 300 baht 5 years ago, but strangely, wasn't charged anything when I asked for a receipt.

Edited by geoffphuket

A few weeks ago I needed the letter(s) for my driving license extension. It was 300 Baht. When I decided to get two letters, they asked for one more picture, the fee was still 300 Baht.

Can you remember which form you filled out.'LivinginKata' is telling me TM18, but that is for a 'substitute residency certificate' and asks for your residency permit number - I'm not a resident. I stay here on an extended 'O' Visa

TM18 form. Downloads --> http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

The certificate is free but you will be asked fr at 300 baht. some ask 500 baht.

Are you 100 % sure it's TM18? .....that appears to be for holders of resident permits. I stay here on an extended 'O' Visa.

Sorry, I was just reading the title and thought it was as stated 'Certificate of Residence Application'.

But now that I download the forms I can see it's a form 4th from the end with no TM number.

My apologies.

TM18 form. Downloads --> http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

The certificate is free but you will be asked fr at 300 baht. some ask 500 baht.

Are you 100 % sure it's TM18? .....that appears to be for holders of resident permits. I stay here on an extended 'O' Visa.

Sorry, I was just reading the title and thought it was as stated 'Certificate of Residence Application'.

But now that I download the forms I can see it's a form 4th from the end with no TM number.

My apologies.

Seems we're both having a bad day! I looked down the list several times before posting the question here.LOL I just wanted to save some time at the immigration office.

Some interesting replies with reference to the fee. I'm pretty sure it should be a free service. I wonder what the DSI/NCPO would think.

Thanks. Some useful information there, although I'm not sure all of it is applicable to applying in Phuket

No, it is not, they all have different requirements.

Tell me about it! LOL. I'm going to have a hard time containing myself when I'm asked for money for the letter.

No residence certificate needed if you have a Work Permit, am I correct?

medical certificate needed for 5 year renewal, needed?

Can some one please what is required for a 5 year D L renewal.

Thanks

Work Permit can be used as long the address in the WP is your home address.

Medical certificate is indeed needed for the 5 year DL renewal.

As my renewal was a few years ago i don't have the latest info on the required paperwork but if i remember correctly it was a medical certificate, Proof of Residence, passport and copies of your passport.

When renewing a 1 year temporary DL you have to do this after the expire date otherwise you will receive again a 1 year DL.

For the 5 Year DL you need a long stay visa and the renewal can be done before or after the expire date.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks

As my renewal was a few years ago i don't have the latest info on the required paperwork but if i remember correctly it was a medical certificate, Proof of Residence, passport and copies of your passport.

When renewing a 1 year temporary DL you have to do this after the expire date otherwise you will receive again a 1 year DL.

For the 5 Year DL you need a long stay visa and the renewal can be done before or after the expire date.

No medical certificate required in Phuket for a 5 year renewal...and it has to be renewed before it expires, else there are penalties.

No medical certificate required in Phuket for a 5 year renewal...and it has to be renewed before it expires, else there are penalties.

Tell us more about these penalties as I have never heard any reports about any late penalties here in Phuket. Indeed many reports recommend renewing after the date.

Tell us more about these penalties as I have never heard any reports about any late penalties here in Phuket. Indeed many reports recommend renewing after the date.

what kind of penalties?

Thanks

Never heard of any penalties ? You can renew your DL without any problem after the expire date. The new expire will be you date of birth after the 5 year period.

My last renewal lasted for 5 year and 10 months.

Medical statement was required for each DL (car and motorbike) but can maybe depend on the mood of the girl.