Address confirmation letter from immigration

geoffphuket

For those members asking about the "penalty" for renewing a licence after it has expired, it may be like the new "fee" for your 90 day reporting, or the 300 baht "fee" for your Certificate of Residence, or the 100 baht express lane at the Phuket Airport etc etc.

Just because the "penalty" doesn't officially exist, doesn't mean that it unofficially does exist. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

No medical certificate required in Phuket for a 5 year renewal...and it has to be renewed before it expires, else there are penalties.

Tell us more about these penalties as I have never heard any reports about any late penalties here in Phuket. Indeed many reports recommend renewing after the date.

When did my 5 year renewal, over 4 years ago, they would not let me renew until after my licenses had expired.

It doesn't make sense to me, but I would like to know if that has changed as I will have to renew again in 5 months. I sure don't want to go in the week before my licenses expire only to to be told to come back after they expire as I did last time.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is why do we have to have separate licenses for car and motorcycle. It seems to me both types could be indicated on one license.