Hunt for killers of British pair goes on after Thai police free Myanmar suspects

webfact

""We have to look into the behaviour of the other party too because this kind of incident should not happen to anybody and it has affected our image," so what "behaviour" is that? Having a holiday in Thailand or getting in the way of violent people?

He's implying they had public sex / nudity. So he is saying its OK to murder and rape someone because some Thai's sensibilities were offended. Sickening... I hope the western press have gotten a hold of this. Anyway, this PM is hardly representative of the majority of Thais....how can an unelected PM be anything else?
cheap shot. A post full of emotions. Drama queen. Shame on you.

Really? Hope it never happens to your child!
another cheap shot. Stop it! I am not justifying anything. I Just ask people to stop blowing up statements.
  • Like 2

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats one of my worries about living in Thailand,my family or i getting

murdered,then having the bumbling Thai police trying to solve the murder,

its a big surprise that they did not blame the usual suspects,the Burmese,

the Cambodians,maybe they will pick one ,when they cannot find the real

murderer (s)

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

MURDERS

This is new information. If you look at 0.28 of the original video you will see the suspect walking all over the crime scene.

sorry, I can't find it now...can someone help with this link-forgot the suspect is the scruffy young guy asian appearance w black t shirt

In the other paper the picture of the suspect appears to be topless.

If I may make a suggestion the weapon used was a hoe in all my time here I never seen a farang buy a gardening tool. Now I know I'm not at every store in the nation 24-7 but I think I would be focusing in on Thai's now. Since there use to police calling all death's of farang's suicide. and end of search. I'm sure the tool used has dirt on it and other residue which can narrow where tool came from. But that would entail the police to use there brain's which is new for them. Finger prints other blood from who committed this crime. Stop looking for scapegoat and do some real police work or ask The US embassy allow the FBI take charge and solve this crime. Instead of bad mouthing these kids for enjoying they lives the way they may or may not have. There's no proof they were having sex on the beach unless the police have video tape. Judge not less you be Judged Honorable PM general no disrespect but maybe you were misunderstood in what you meant. If these were your children you would demand justice So do same for them.

The type of hoe it was a ten a penny lying around places like KT. There is construction permanently going on not just around AC bar but all over the island. The hoe they use is seen all over KT (and Thailand) and used to mix cement.

• Like 2

In Malaysia, crimes committed by Malaysians on tourists, are punished harder than a Malaysian on Malaysian crime, because it is considered a not only a crime against the individual but also against national interests. In Thailand, my impression is that crimes on tourists and foreigners committed by Thais, are hardly punished at all. The jet ski operators in Phuket who used weapons to beat up a customer and got away with a fine. Cases like this will embolden some Thais to commit crimes on tourists because they know they can get away off easy. For the visitors, they should know that they can't get justice in Thailand unless it's a high profile case. This attitude has to change immediately, if Thailand wants to salvage it's tourist industry and image.

Malaysia is a highly functional country, with law and order. Perhaps at some point in the future, Thailand will become one too. But, at the present, it is not. Very little law and order, frankly. And very little in the way of an independent, and honest judiciary too. The jet ski punks just purchase their cooperation. Does anyone do anything about this? Is there any concern at the national level?

Totally disgusting comment by a world leader into the face of the grieving families. He has probably increased thier grief for blaming thier children for the crime. This man should resign now and issue a formal apology to the families and the world. Mr P.M you have people shaking thier heads in disgust at you and Thailand right around the world because of your sick insensitive and extremely disgusting comment about the death of foreigners.

He is not a world leader he is self installed by organisising a coup just before he was due to retire from the military looks like he has a very comfortable job for the rest of his life and they call this democracy !

• Like 1

first of all it was a farang no1 suspect,then it was burmese,both have been ruled out,and they are now running out of suspects.

so after the p.m.statement you can see where this is heading.

Where this might be heading is a relevant thought so may I suggest multiple choice answers ?

a ) the actual culprit (s) are actually caught

b ) someone / more than one is / are fitted up for it

c ) it genuinely remains unsolved

d ) a Thai(s) are involved but it is marked Unsolved because ... !

c and d will end up in a cabinet marked ' File and Forget '.

• Like 1

Again my condoences to the families and friends of the deceased. Pity to see young lives taken in such a beastly manner.

I suggest that the police start looking at muslim locals in the island. Most of these muslims are intolerant of westerners with no morals having open sex in the public and they could have reacted by the shariah manner of dealing with sitautions . After all thats what the terrorist religion preaches[\b].

I thought the IRA were Catholic.
  • Like 1

Speaking later, Prayut said Thais must tell "tourists when the safe times are to be outside, we have to help them understand."

Wait, so it's no longer 'safe' to be 'outside' in Thailand at certain 'times', like nighttime? Then why the would tourists want to come here.. it's not safe to be on a resort beach at night.. the whole reason people come to Thailand is because it's supposed to be alot safer then ie. south america. if the nights are no longer safe, even in aresort area, then this country is over as a tourest destination my guess is the murderer is a Thai, and it's one of thise shitbag boat operators down there, the time i went to pp. the boat drivers were and i have heard other stories about their shit, like forcing people to pay them money to use the beach or other criminal rackets..

gdringjr.. the 2 victims were part of 2 separate tourist groups, the man belong to one and the woman belonged to the other, they had met each other while in thailand and the groups were reveling together.. the police already eliminated the victims friends as having anything to do with the murders.. so they are looking for the local person that did the murder, my guess is it's a boat operator as those guys are <deleted>, and they often sleep in their boat or spends nights squatting on the beach.. probably the couple had woken one of them up, or the boat operator tried to hustle money off them and they refused, a fight insued and the murderer killed the woman so there were no witnesses..

Edited by pkspeaker
  • Like 1

The country's Prime Minister, General Prayuth Chan-ocha, said: "This should not have happened in Thailand. It will affect our image in the eyes of international countries."

Foolish statement, the image of Thailand is more darkly painted by the antics of locals putting on public shows in upstairs rip-off joints in Patpong.

Sir, you may need say no more than the perpetrators will be brought to justice and punished to the full extent of the law.

Edited by jacko45k

.....safe or not safe....the time of day or night does not justify the taking of lives...

...they were on vacation....not bothering anyone....

...if so....put up a patrol......or beach curfew.....

..not to mention the degree of violence shown.....absolutely horrific....inhuman.......

Again my condoences to the families and friends of the deceased. Pity to see young lives taken in such a beastly manner.

I suggest that the police start looking at muslim locals in the island. Most of these muslims are intolerant of westerners with no morals having open sex in the public and they could have reacted by the shariah manner of dealing with sitautions . After all thats what the terrorist religion preaches.

Rubbish.

In m second last day as a Brit, I think we should be happy that the police try to solve crimes where we have been the victim. There was a death of a Burmese near my house recently the police aren't even trying t find the killer.

Pangan has always been a dangerous place, even before the moon parties, i remember there were foreigner beheaded by swords when I was there.

Walking or doing things on a beach in most parts of the world is a dangerous thing to do. Thailand, it is foolish.

• Like 2

It sounds like the PM was saying that they should have known not to go down to the beach at that time of night.

so is it common knowledge that the beaches of Thailand are "no-go" areas late at night? If so why aren't the authorities either taking steps or publicising this?

• Like 1