Siamese crocodile species found in Phitsanulok mountain range

webfact

"their presence atop the mountainous area indicates that the ecosystem within the province is still rich with natural resources and teeming with life."

Possibly.

Or maybe someone released them there, and maybe they are hybrids. In any case I would not believe this until they have conducted DNA tests.

Wild Siamese crocs are as common as rocking horse crap, so I hope it is true.

or just escaped from someone's (il)legal crocodile farm ?

aren't all crocodiles born in thailand siamese smile.png

do they get nationality, loooooooooooooool

Frankly, I appreciate your humor but I would suggest you to do some reading on about these Siamese crocs. smile.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_crocodile

Contrary to your belief, the farm-raised crocodiles that you see in tourist attractions across Thailand are actually of a different breed. The ones in the Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm can reach up to 6 meters. Siamese crocs are actually rather small, only up to 2 meters in length on average.

On a side note, these are the actual crocs that were discovered. Pictures are taken from the Post Today website.

1BB52ED4C2A34CC6A75477F0F5CC27E9.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2751322/Smile-guys-s-snap-Rare-Siamese-crocodiles-shown-hatched-Britain-s-zoo-reptiles.html

Above article shows the croc's and that eggs have just hatched. Only 8 were hatched and they say there are only 500 left in the world.

A very beautiful animal.

Thanks for the photo's.. clap2.gif

Locals living in Noen Maprang District of the province have led a team of journalists to uncover the newly discovered freshwater crocodile population by going on an arduous 13-kilometer trek atop the mountain.

If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of a big surprise! smile.png

Hope they get the full protection they deserve. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1