British backpacker arrested for suspected murder of fellow Britons at Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forensics experts in Bangkok said they found, and are now DNA-testing, blonde hairs in Witheridge's right hand. Police also found a pair of Mr Ware's blood-stained pants in Miller's luggage and an Apple iPhone with long blonde hairs snagged on it.

Un-Quote

This is alarming news -

The semen DNA should be clear enough to convict or dismiss him as a person of interest.

This smells like a fishy set up-

Long blond hairs on an I phone just doesn't ring true for me.

Nor after this time hair on his hand (even if he was guilty)

Who knows? Info at the moment is dodgy to say the least. Open mind, less racism would be better.

Better for who Twits who are pro junta ?

Whats race got to do with this?

Inferring or saying someone is racist is plain silly

Christ , this is a vicious Savage murder and the authorities on the highest level have discounted the possibility a thai was behind it.

And you have the audacity to request us to keep an open mind on it?

Edited by Fred Flinstone
  • Like 1

you think that for one minute that people cannot suss out Thai's and Thainess, in a relatively short time?

Correct, they cannot, and that is true of not only Thai but all Asian countries!

However many people do form misguided and incorrect views about the things they don't understand.

FH: I don't have a particular beef with you but you simply don't understand, please go fight with somebody else.

we can see that here how people react about what a Thai PM in Thai tells the Thai population. We better listen to what the FM had to say, in ENGLISH.

Forensics experts in Bangkok said they found, and are now DNA-testing, blonde hairs in Witheridge's right hand. Police also found a pair of Mr Ware's blood-stained pants in Miller's luggage and an Apple iPhone with long blonde hairs snagged on it.

Un-Quote

This is alarming news -

The semen DNA should be clear enough to convict or dismiss him as a person of interest.

Who knows? Info at the moment is dodgy to say the least. Open mind, less racism would be better.

Christ , this is a vicious Savage murder and the authorities on the highest level have discounted the possibility a thai was behind it.

Sorry. What have the supposed Junta got to do with it?

Total BS speculation on here and in the press. On here people want the culprits to be Thai. Why? A crime has been committed against two human beings, no need for racist remarks.

• Like 1

EVERY single male who was on the Island at the time should be considered a suspect, irrespective of their nationality, I care not a single jot as to whom the perpetrator(s) are, or what Nationality they hail from, it was a horrendous crime, on a beautiful Island, and it's not doing Thailands image any good right now.

The Police Chief should shut his mouth and stop making assumptions ( many here need to do the same) and start building up a case that can be brought to justice swiflty and efficiently.

If it was a Farang, arrest, and charge and imprison his arse, hell better still hang him, if it was a Thai National, same deal, if it was another Asian Nation, same same, arrest, charge, and imprison..

Find the killer(s) it's that simple..

• Like 2

Thank goodness for that, for a moment there I thought you were going to cite a real and useful newspaper, not one that comes with perforation strips in it for after use!

he was on thai tv as well man

he said something about being pretty and wearing bikini, and then he said if u ugly u dont need to worry about

and he said they need look in to tourists behavior

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-thai-pm-suggests-attractive-female-tourists-cannot-expect-to-be-safe-in-bikinis-9737016.html

He's absolutely correct, many tourists do need to look at their own behavior when they come here on holiday, anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't understand the complete picture.

And please, I posted that same link earlier, you clearly haven't read it, slowly.

It's doesnt excuse the brutal manner in which they died, I've read a lot of your comments in another thread, you're quite the apologist aren't you?

But let talk about the behaviour of tourists then shall we, having been one myself quite often, when you have a culture and society within a country that openly encourages promiscuality, drunkeness, and sex in the bucket load, then you cannot turn around and say "Ah but the tourists should know better" ..

Yeah take a walk down Bangla road, and Walking Street and see who's doing the promoting of cheap drink, and sex.. Pot and kettle spring to mind here.

Wouldn't you agree that foreigners and tourists do know better once you have spent some time on TVF? The majority only criticizes Thailand. So we can assume that they DO know better. I guess.

Edited by Nickymaster

Tell you what, the arrogance of some posters here who think that they know it all just becasue they've lived in Thailand a long time is astonishing, you think that for one minute that people cannot suss out Thai's and Thainess, in a relatively short time?

You're right on, but should understand,

There are many old men living here who're living in an ivory tower, and can speak no Thai, and only have a former prostitute who left school at 13 to communicate with the rest of the country.

I don't think it matters how long they lived here. They will never understand anything about Thailand or it's people.

It's been my experience when talking to old timers (that I have had any respect for), that the longer they have lived in Thailand, the more disillusioned and cynical they have become. There are plenty of guys who come here and suss it right away, others who stay in a pipe dream but not too many who haven't worked out the Thais after a long stretch in LOS.

I am omitting those who cannot speak Thai fluently and who flaunt hired women.

Nice post. Don't quite get the point. Any man or woman that think they understand the opposite sex is delusional. Same for different cultures. "I know Thailand"? Something new will come along and bite me on the ass. Same same but different.

EVERY single male who was on the Island at the time should be considered a suspect, irrespective of their nationality, I care not a single jot as to whom the perpetrator(s) are, or what Nationality they hail from, it was a horrendous crime, on a beautiful Island, and it's not doing Thailands image any good right now.

The Police Chief should shut his mouth and stop making assumptions ( many here need to do the same) and start building up a case that can be brought to justice swiflty and efficiently.

If it was a Farang, arrest, and charge and imprison his arse, hell better still hang him, if it was a Thai National, same deal, if it was another Asian Nation, same same, arrest, charge, and imprison..

Every man? Obviously no woman could be so vicious?

Un-Quote

This is alarming news -

Total BS speculation on here and in the press. On here people want the culprits to be Thai. Why? A crime has been committed against two human beings, no need for racist remarks.

Again you are slightly intellectually impaired to go from a premise that we suspect a Thai(s) is behind the killings , to draw the conclusion we must be racist.

How do you arrive at that ?

The murder is in Thailand .

The weapon was a Thai implement used by Thais

The murder was particularly vicious and not usually associated with a westerners actions.

You might be right and a westerner did do it.

However suspecting a Thai or several of them is not by any stretch a racist prerogative .

Who rattled your cage mate. I can't say anything about you because it just gets deleted so no point ..... If at some stage its PROVEN it was a FARANG as we know it I'll eat my Hat ....... I will say quite categorically it was a Thai execution without a shadow of doubt ... there you go - enjoy my friend ...

Yep, almost certainly Thai gang rape.

But if anyone else is convicted, I won't eat my hat, I will assume police cover-up.

Police should be looking at all boats going between phangan and koh tao, as well as all local Thai population, the islands there attract some of the very worst that Thailand has to offer, but it is amazing that they are not even suspected of doing anything wrong. Anyone who has spent time on the islands there, knows just how violent the locals can be especially when they've had a drink. Shame the police don't see that.

• Like 1

Good to hear the Burmese were cleared. For quick closure I hope the evidence ends with the backpacker. Less damage to Thailand's identity for visitors. At least every inch of a break that Thailand gets now is a good break.

I don't give a damn of the nationality of the killer or the reputation of Thailand.

What I want is the real killer to be found for the sakes of the families of those kids and the sakes of other people being killed by the same murderer.

Now you are suggesting he might be a serial killer? What about one random act of passion? Maybe it was his girlfriend who was with the other guy who was murdered? Hope it was a foreigner, as it would be a disaster for Thailand, if it was a Thai man, or a group of Thai men. That's all Thailand needs right now.

Two young people died and all you can think of is what scenario would be better for Thai tourism??

Again you are slightly intellectually impaired to go from a premise that we suspect a Thai(s) is behind the killings , to draw the conclusion we must be racist.

How do you arrive at that ?

The murder is in Thailand .

The weapon was a Thai implement used by Thais

The murder was particularly vicious and not usually associated with a westerners actions.

You might be right and a westerner did do it.

However suspecting a Thai or several of them is not by any stretch a racist prerogative .

Alan,

After all these cynical Farang/Thaihood overseers on tv with all their denials that its preposterous to implicate any Thai in the said' executions of 2 young tourists just maybe -- they think the Butler did it ?

Edited by ScotBkk

I hope they interviewed ALL thai and burmese workers who do the fire show, considering all the fire dancers use the Garden hoe for moving the sand etc for the fire games.

Plus the fire dancers always get really drunk and hit on girls etc.

Got five hoes at the house. Common tool in Thailand. Agree to check but a bit of a shot in the dark.

Last time I looked no woman ever ejaculated semen .. but the likeyhood of a woman who could overpower both is stretching it a bit, but yes, a woman could easily murder someone in a similar fashion, perhaps you might want to drop the Koh Tao Chief of Police a wee note to advise him too?

• Like 2

It's doesnt excuse the brutal manner in which they died, I've read a lot of your comments in another thread, you're quite the apologist aren't you?

But let talk about the behaviour of tourists then shall we, having been one myself quite often, when you have a culture and society within a country that openly encourages promiscuality, drunkeness, and sex in the bucket load, then you cannot turn around and say "Ah but the tourists should know better" ..

Yeah take a walk down Bangla road, and Walking Street and see who's doing the promoting of cheap drink, and sex.. Pot and kettle spring to mind here.

How can I even begin to have a serious discussion with you on the points you raised? You've vacationed here from time to time in Pattaya, Phuket and probably Issan, with all due respect, your post confirms that you understand nothing about Thailand that is meaningful.

Good bye and Next.

He's got a point. Why can't you answer it?

Woman being vicious, possible, woman leaving semen, impossible.

Unless she brought it in a bottle to frame her ex-boyfriend? Maybe we should start looking for a gang of girls carrying hoes and small sample bottles... :)

Last time I looked no woman ever ejaculated semen .. but the likeyhood of a woman who could overpower both is stretching it a bit, but yes, a woman could easily murder someone in a similar fashion, perhaps you might want to drop the Koh Tao Chief of Police a wee note to advise him too?

Do not need to. Sure he has a better insight to what happened than any poster on here.

Unless she brought it in a bottle to frame her ex-boyfriend? Maybe we should start looking for a gang of girls carrying hoes and small sample bottles... :)

Apparently the couple were naked. Semen could be the other victim.

Evidence of semen at a crime scene rules out a woman? Open mind please. You need to get out and about a bit more.

Unless she brought it in a bottle to frame her ex-boyfriend? Maybe we should start looking for a gang of girls carrying hoes and small sample bottles... smile.png

Apparently the couple were naked. Semen could be the other victim.

Evidence of semen at a crime scene rules out a woman? Open mind please. You need to get out and about a bit more.

She wasn't naked, her clothes were pushed up to expose her private parts..

• Like 2

Nickymaster, I tried to post this with your post but got too many quotes stuff..

I wouldn't say that at all, from the time I've spent on TVF all I have garnered is that there's a deep divide between expats, and some expats think they're the bees knees too, I've also realised that there's a group on TVF that would moan if the moon wasn't bright enough, never mind being negative towards Thais.

I've also realised that quite a few posters also don't actually live in Thailand, and that living in Thailand neither makes you a subject matter expert either, I've learned that some posters look down on others simply because "You've not been here long enough" attitudes.

Tourists don't frequent here, so there's little input from them, TVF is a clique at times, I don't believe the majority dislike Thai's though, but there's certainly a good few who are racist in their comments, as well as being bigots.

The couple who were murdered were not under dressed for Thailand, they were dressed typically like "tourists" they sure were not naked when they were found either, and it was quite a few TVF members "assumptions" that they were engaged in a sexual encounter, this is getting more and more debunked as evidence starts to come to light, the facts are that the male victim FOUGHT possibly for his life, to no avail, the female was raped and murdered and her face smashed to pieces, no longer resembling the beautiful woman se was a few hours before.

It's human nature to "speculate" TVF has more detectives and CSI experts than the FBI has by all accounts, and people are quick to make assumptions too Nicky, again, it's not just a TVF trait, it's a human one.

Now, do tourists know better? That's quite difficult to say yes or no, the places I mentioned before such as Bangla Road, and Walking street are well known for the promoting of drink and sex, and drugs to an extent, but thousands of tourists, both young and old flock to these places night in night out, some to see, and some to do, some are shocked and more often than not, most are not, drink and sex, cheap sex is available to anyone who wants it, it's often right there in your face, that suits some peoples minds and in others it does not.

I took my son and his girlfriend to Pattaya after being in Korat for a few days,and we went clubbing on walking street, my son hated it, thought it was too seedy, but his girlfriend who had been to Thailand before enjoyed herself.. it's horses for courses Nicky.

Are Farangs more critical of Thais? well considering it's a majority Farang forum, it would stanmd to reason that the haters will hate, irrespective of what's going on.

Ta. Sensible post.

• Like 1