Jontein - a bit of advice

smeagol

Hi all, nice forums on this site with some real nice posters.

I have a guest house booked for a week starting in November but thinking of renting a condo for a further 15 weeks. Looking online i quite like the look of park lane/paradise park predominantly for the gym/swimming pool and walking distance to amenities. Spoke to a couple of agents via e-mail and they will only do a 6 month rental term.

So, bearing in mind my desire for distance to amenities, gym and swimming pool together with a relatively secure location, my question is:

Any ideas?

Budget less then 15000B P/M.

I suppose the gym/swimming pool could be discounted if these can be found within walking distance of the accommodation.

Regards

Looking online i quite like the look of park lane/paradise park predominantly for the gym/swimming pool and walking distance to amenities. Spoke to a couple of agents via e-mail and they will only do a 6 month rental term.

So, bearing in mind my desire for distance to amenities, gym and swimming pool together with a relatively secure location, my question is:

Any ideas?

Budget less then 15000B P/M.

Park Lane/Paradise Park are quite a long way from anywhere, especially if you don't have your own transportation. It isn't exactly the nicest part of Jomtien either.

For less than your budget you should be able to find something quite nice much nearer the beach and close to main transport links and all shops etc. All decent condo buildings have big pools and many have some sort of gym, though if you are close to the main part of Jomtien you will also be close to a couple of pay gyms like Tony's etc.

• Like 2

This high season may be different, we won't know until it starts, but renting a condo at that time can be very difficult(and more expensive) on a weekly or monthly basis. Condo rentals usually in the better managed and nicer buildings do not look kindly on monthly rentals as they are not "hotels" .

• Like 1

The OP is talking nearly three months.

And all the big (and most of the small) condos in Jomtien have an office that manages short or long term rentals on behalf of absentee owners.

Yes the price varies season to season and is more expensive for short term, but to say that the "don't look kindly on short term rentals" is misleading in my opinion.

We came here several years ago around the middle or end of November. I almost booked a condo based on internet pics. Sure glad I didn't. It looked great inside, but was horrible outside and in a very dodgy building.

It did take us 3-5 days to find a condo to rent. Not knowing the area, I used an agent and it worked out great. I'm sure we paid a bit more, but for 22k/month for a 2BR in a brand new condo with great pool and exercise room, we were happy. It was a bit out of the way, but no big deal as we had a car. It was a 3 month rental, which was hard to find. Many only want 6 months and a lot only want a year contract.

I'd just look around when you are here. Since you've got the area narrowed down a bit, it will be much easier. It's very quiet right now. Not sure how "high" season will shape up.

Jomtien Beach Condos have several units for rent. I have owned a condo here for 8 years and it is a nice community. Two pools and workout areas (although one is being refurbished), good security, clean, good maintenance. You can probably get one for 10,000 or less per month plus utilities.

It is best to come and check before signing leases I lived in Park Lane for 12 months agreed it is a nice condo but the problem is the huge workman camp near by that is very very noisy they also park their trucks for the weekend opposite the front block and the noise early Monday morning is not very pleasant apart from the dust generated. So it is best to sight the place before committing to a lease any where in Jontiem, there is so much building going on there. On the other hand if you speak Russian it is the perfect place to stay